Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box)

Go down 
+2
widukind
bmathison1972
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box) Empty
PostSubject: Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box)   Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box) EmptySun Aug 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Walkaround of one of the most anticipated figures this year, the common pill-bug, Armadillidium vulgare (Latreille, 1804) by Kaiyodo, Sofubi Toy Box, No. 012A, new for 2017. Armadillidium vulgare is native to the western Palearctic but has been introduced to places around the world, including North America. Kaiyodo previously made this figure (albeit much smaller) in 2015 as part of their Capsule Q Museum Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms set (see last image).

The figure, well, like many of the Sofubi Toy Box/Megasofubi Advance figures is absolutely amazing. It is made out of a soft, hollow plastic. It can be 'squeezed' but it is not soft and rubbery. Like the swallowtail caterpillar, it is a single-piece with no movable parts.

The figure measures 137 mm (not including appendages), making it approximately 7.5:1 for a large specimen. Apparently there is a color variant which I may or may not get (maybe if I see it conveniently on eBay someday...).

The figure comes in a plastic bag and also includes a catalog for the entire STB series (the swallowtail caterpillar did not come with that).

On to the figures:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"There's a new sheriff in town, little guy."

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box)   Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box) EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Very detailed :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box)   Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box) EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 1:27 am

Among all Sofubi Toy Box figures, it is without any doubts, my favorite. In my forever belated plans, there is surely one of these figures. Also, as it is retired already, I believe I won't satisfy mi wish. This particular species was part of my childhood and I am quite nostalgic. These animals were very common around and it is considered a cute and friendly creature in my country. Even its common name here, bicho-de-conta, is very popular and everyone knows it. I believe it is like that in several parts of the world once it has a wide geographic distribution.
Now, I am so poor sighted that I can't really see a real one, they're quite small for me and a magnified creature could seems made for me. Laughing From the line I also find the caterpillar, humboldt penguin and komodo dragon interesting figures but, this one is the nicest. I am surprised only Kaiyodo did it, it is such a common creature and could easily be released by several other companies. Very Happy

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box)   Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box) EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 8:09 am

bmathison1972 wrote:

The sheriff is somehow familiar to me? Perhaps this guy ?!

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box)   Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box) EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 12:49 pm

75senta75 wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

The sheriff is somehow familiar to me? Perhaps this guy ?!

Ha!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box)   Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 11:48 am

Beautiful sheriff, too bad I have less place for my collection now, it is very tempting.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box)   Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 12:07 pm

very impressive! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box)   Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box) Empty

Back to top Go down

Common pill-bug (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box)
Page 1 of 1