Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Asian swallowtail - larva (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Asian swallowtail - larva (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box) Empty
PostSubject: Asian swallowtail - larva (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box)   Asian swallowtail - larva (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box) EmptySun Aug 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Walk-around of the larva of the Asian swallowtail, Papilio xuthus Linnaeus, 1767, by Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box, No. 007, new for 2017. This figure was released early this year and has already been discontinued, so grab one while you can.

The species is common in much of Asia, from Japan to India, also the Hawaiian Islands. The figure has been made several times, including another caterpillar by Kaiyodo (Capsule Q Museum - Caterpillars), and adults by Bandai (Bugs Museum; Insect Science), Kabaya (World Insects Series I), and Rement. See the last image for comparisons with the Capsule Q caterpillar and the Insect Science adult.

The figure. WOW. It measures 23 cm long. Assuming the Capsule Q Museum version is 1:1, that makes this figure 4:1 (although it seems much bigger - someone can confirm my math if they want). The figure, unlike others in this series, is solid piece with no moving parts.

I have updated BOTD to reflect thus guy as well!

On to the pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]photo upload sites

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Asian swallowtail - larva (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box)   Asian swallowtail - larva (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box) EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 12:35 pm

Very colourful!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Asian swallowtail - larva (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box)   Asian swallowtail - larva (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box) EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 5:12 am

After wikifying the extraordinary pill-bug, now I entered these pictures on TAI too. This caterpillar, although fantastic, is not exciting for me as the pill-bug. I really like these small creatures made as giants, much nicer than polar bears and so. Remember that 4:1 scale is a tridymmensional measurement. It means that the figure in fact is 4x4x4 larger in volume than the real creature. 654 times in this case.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Asian swallowtail - larva (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box)   Asian swallowtail - larva (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box) EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 6:23 am

Wonderful BIG model, I have only afew CQM caterpillars but I thank Kaiyodo to make so realistic and attractive unusual models.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asian swallowtail - larva (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box)   Asian swallowtail - larva (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box) Empty

Back to top Go down

Asian swallowtail - larva (Kaiyodo - Sofubi Toy Box)
Page 1 of 1