Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

cheers santa Time for the suggestions for the Show-Us-Yours of December. Click here cheers santa

Share | 

Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 31.07]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 31.07]   Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:22 pm

So today I received the parcel I was expecting Very Happy I bought it off Marktplaats, the Dutch auction site. My eye fell on the metal case in which six of the figurines were originally sold, but when I saw what was included, I immediately contacted the seller. I'm really happy everything went well and that they arrived safely today! cheers Here are the goodies I'm talking about:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This was the metal case that caught my eye, for I know Papo released mini figurines in such cases in the past

Fortunately, all the six original Papo mini horses were included!

Papo Mini Appaloosa

Papo Mini Exmoor

Papo Mini Fjord

Papo Mini Haflinger

Papo Mini Lipizzaner

Papo Mini Shire

Have you noticed how the molds of these mini horses are the same as the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]? Here two comparison pics, with the fjord and the shire. As soon as I find my Club Earth appaloosa, I'll make another comparison pic!

Club Earth left, Papo Mini right (Fjord)

Club Earth left, Papo right (Shire)

Last edited by Tarunyada on Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 31.07]   Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:22 pm

But wait, there's more! This wonderful package included some more horses. Not of Papo or any of the major brands, but they go very well with the small Papo Mini horses! Included in the package were no less than 13 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Micro Minis! I still have one set of GC Micro Mini Quarter Horses from my childhood, but it's awesome to have some others now as well, because I'm just in love with their size!

Complete group of new horses, including the Papo Minis

GC Micro Minis: still sorting out what breeds they are/which series they're from

Complete set of GC Micro Mini Oldenburgs (2000)

All the accessories that were included in the package <3

Little riding cart (with one of my childhood Micro Minis)

Some lovely pieces to make little dioramas

These are the GC Micro Minis I already had since my childhood:

Complete set of GC Micro Mini Quarter Horses (1997/98)

Old meeting new

And to make everything even better, I found some other childhood animal figurines, which I think are from Grand Champions sets as well (larger scale, probably from the GC Mini series):

Tiny forest creatures, probably from Grand Champions playsets

Just look how tiny those Micro Mini foals are <3

GC Micro Mini foal compared to Schleich-S [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Arabian Foal

Thanks for reading Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 31.07]   Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Have you noticed how the molds of these mini horses are the same as the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]? Here two comparison pics, with the fjord and the shire. As soon as I find my Club Earth appaloosa, I'll make another comparison pic!

Club Earth left, Papo Mini right (Fjord)

Club Earth left, Papo right (Shire)
[/sub]

Papo Mini Appaloosa

Club Earth Appaloosa

The Papo ones are numbered the same as the Club Earth horses. They are also marked the same, 'breed' with 'China' underneath.

Back to top Go down
Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 31.07]   Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:06 pm

Here are a few of my GC micro minis Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 31.07]   Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:45 pm

Here are a few of my GC micro minis Smile

Very nice, Taylor! Thanks for sharing! They produced quite some different Micro Minis. I love them all cheers

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 31.07]   Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:58 pm

This forum was surely missing Julie and her super abilities! These last posts are a kind of double topic with a huge interest. I hardly could notice that Papo mini horses were the same as Club Earth and it is clear in this thread. It shows how this industry works and how lots of moulds are marketed under several brand names. Lots of surprises to be found meanwhile.
About the Grand Champions, I once visited a website about their series and immediately I ran aways from it once when I noticed, I was lost in the middle of millions of horses. Laughing

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 31.07]   Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:12 pm

This forum was surely missing Julie and her super abilities! These last posts are a kind of double topic with a huge interest. I hardly could notice that Papo mini horses were the same as Club Earth and it is clear in this thread. It shows how this industry works and how lots of moulds are marketed under several brand names. Lots of surprises to be found meanwhile.
About the Grand Champions, I once visited a website about their series and immediately I ran aways from it once when I noticed, I was lost in the middle of millions of horses. Laughing

Haha, thank you, dear Roger! cheers Always a pleasure to be on the hunt for figurines, information about them and sharing it with my fellow collectors Smile

I find it interesting to see Papo used those rather simple molds for their horses whilst their other Mini figurines are clearly made by Papo itself. Why didn't they sculpt their own Mini horses? scratch The horses from the Mini Farm series show us that they sure are capable of producing small horse figurines!

Haha, I can understand why you ran away from Grand Champions! All the pink and the amount of horses scare me now as well, but I used to love it when I was younger. I'm not a big fan of the horses with the fake hair, but I'm still in love with their tiny, solid plastic Micro Minis (even more than in the past) Smile

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 31.07]   Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:27 am

Interesting stuff!!

PostSubject: Re: Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 31.07]   

Back to top Go down

Tarunyada's General Additions [Updated 31.07]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3