Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Time to choose and VOTE for the SUY of May

Megaptera's Collection

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 8:05 pm

Thank you, Roger:)
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 5:48 pm

My newcomer, the Papo Angora Rabbit:)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 6:48 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 8:58 pm

I LOVE that rabbit cheers Applause I love you

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 11:34 am

Thanks to a friend, I've got now the Science and nature Kakariki and the Safari Clouded Leopard:

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 6:19 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 8:58 pm

Very nice figurines, congratulations Smile I really need to get that clouded leopard; it's such a great figurine of a gorgeous creature!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 3:03 pm

Thanks a lot. I am really happy with these newcomers.
Back to top Go down
Jolly Reaper

Jolly Reaper

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 4:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
My newcomers, the Safari Long-eared Owl and the Leadbeater's Possum from Science and Nature:

Hi! Your additions are great!
Can you tell me please what is the brand of this dolphin? Thank you!

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 8:14 pm

My newcomers, the Safari Long-eared Owl and the Leadbeater's Possum from Science and Nature:

[You must be
registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi! Your additions are great!
Can you tell me please what is the brand of this dolphin? Thank you!

Hi, this is the Hourglass Dolphin from Play visions.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 10:51 pm

Oh, I tough that it was the Safari's Dolphin Toob hourglass dolphin. So there are more hourglass dolphin figures, is the Play Visions bigger than Safari's?

Schleich: 7
Mojo Fun: 7
Kitan Club: 5
Safari LTD: 3
Kaiyodo: 3
CBIOV: 2
Southland Replicas: 1
Takara Tomy: 1
Colorata: 1
Natural History: 1
Bullyland: 1

Total: 63
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 10:52 pm

Oh, I tough that it was the Safari's Dolphin Toob hourglass dolphin. So there are more hourglass dolphin figures, is the Play Visions bigger than Safari's?

Play Visions figures are mostly TOOB-sized. They had some series of larger figures but the bulk of their figures, and all the real gems, are small/TOOB-sized.

EDIT: compared to the Safari owl, that particular figure is much larger than a TOOB-sized figure!
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 10:56 pm

Thanks! Then I think I will put my hands on this Play Visions dolphin (I rejected the Safari dolphin toob because of the size of figures despite being all my most dreamed species Very Happy)

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 11:13 pm

Thanks! Then I think I will put my hands on this Play Visions dolphin (I rejected the Safari dolphin toob because of the size of figures despite being all my most dreamed species Very Happy)

When I tackle cetaceans, I will do 'standard-sized' whales and TOOB-sized dolphins, that way they are more realistic next to one another LOL
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 11:16 pm

Yes, the problem is having already some standard-sized dolphins whose species are not made in toob-size, so I don't want the new toobs side by side to my Safari vaquita and Collecta ganges river dolphin an pacific white-sided Very Happy Really the whales should be much bigger in comparison, but... let's imagine that all whales are calves hahahah

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 11:33 pm

Yes, the problem is having already some standard-sized dolphins whose species are not made in toob-size, so I don't want the new toobs side by side to my Safari vaquita and Collecta ganges river dolphin an pacific white-sided Very Happy Really the whales should be much bigger in comparison, but... let's imagine that all whales are calves hahahah

yeah there are no perfect scenarios. I will stick with a Safari standard vaquita and a CollectA standard Ganges for now :). I have a Hector's dolphin but luckily it is TOOB-sized too, and there are TOOB-sized Amazon river dolphins.

P.S. I am also doing this for space considerations. :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 11:51 pm

Play Visions have at least two houglass dolphins. The tube sized one and a larger figure that you can [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I don't know its exact size but it is probably slightly larger than the standard dolphin figures. I think also that it is hollow and really hard to find.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 12:49 pm

My one is the larger Hourglass Dolphin. Maybe can show a comparison between the Safari Toob one and the Play visions Dolphin.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2019 12:59 pm

Here is a good comparison:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 12:21 am

A very good comparison picture indeed! Thanks! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jolly Reaper

Jolly Reaper

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 2:48 am

Here is a good comparison:

Wow! Great dolphin! Applause
I guess that it's rather difficult to find now Rolling Eyes

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 7:54 am

Yes, it's an old retired model.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 9:06 am

My newcomers: the Play visions Sally Lightfoot Crab and the Safari Western Sumatran Rhinoceros:

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 5:37 pm

Great additions :)

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 6:50 pm

Thank you :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 8:26 pm

Last two years of Safari have been even better than CollectA's and this Sumatran rhinoceros, sculpted by Doug Watson, is a symbol of the new golden era. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 9:39 pm

That's right. Safari gets better and better. I have to thank Mr. Watson for that wonderful model. I like it, when they show their sculptors.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 8:51 pm

My newcomer: the Papo Giant Panda:)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 9:29 pm

Nice panda

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 9:42 pm

Great panda, we don't see it often being posted here and I think it is nice. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 10:04 pm

Thank you. It really is a great model of this species.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 7:30 pm

Today, the Play visions Amazon River Dolphin from PeGe has arrived:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 9:13 pm

You received this rare figure from someone that loves river dolphins. Really hard to find, congratulations. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 11:39 pm

Thank you. I'm really happy that PeGe handed it over to me. This is a wonderful model.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 1:49 pm

Next must have for you :)

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 2:09 pm

Thank you, Andreas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 am

For some strange reason I have visited this topic for a while, - you got SO many wonderful models, and several great rarities Applause

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Thank you, Susanne. I'm really happy with this collection. But there are still many other wonderful species I want to add. And it's also good for my daughters. They like them very much and learn more about animals on our planet :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 10:24 pm

.....And it's also good for my daughters. They like them very much and learn more about animals on our planet :)

Lucky daughters !!!! cheers

It is not unusual that I get completly stunned by the lack of knowledge about animals, that people show, f.inst. on TV !
Many people can't distinguish a seagull from a blackbird.
Even once in a film about animals of the African desert : "And here comes a hyena" while the film showed a jackal Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 7:43 pm

.....And it's also good for my daughters. They like them very much and learn more about animals on our planet :)

Lucky daughters !!!! cheers

It is not unusual that I get completly stunned by the lack of knowledge about animals, that people show, f.inst. on TV !
Many people can't distinguish a seagull from a blackbird.
Even once in a film about animals of the African desert : "And here comes a hyena" while the film showed a jackal Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing

I know what you mean.
Last weekend we were in a Zoo and there was a father, who told his daughter that the bird in front of them is an Ostrich. But it was a Rhea. Some people in Germany can't even distinguish between a roe deer and a stag.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 10:44 pm

Really you even notice these very tiny errors by non-zoo-enthusiasts, that only experts could notice? I've seen people in zoos calling turkeys to cassowaries, squirrels to genets, pigeons to penguins (and of course "Dory" to any blue fish)... And buying figures can be a funny thing too. I bought my Tibetan fox by a seller that are calling raccoon to the red panda amongst others... and looking in TaoBao can be terrific! From reindeer to any kind of deer to whale shark or white shark to any species of shark.... or even, scorpion to a gallinule and squids to various fishes and crustaceans Shocked

Showing my recently bought Bullyland Asian black bear to a pal in my job, he stated that it's a monkey... Razz

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2019 7:25 pm

I'm a passionated zoologist. I feel every disruption of zoological knowledge Laughing
Back to top Go down
1claire

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 3:54 am

You are running out of space for new toys, but your collection is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 6:47 pm

You are running out of space for new toys, but your collection is amazing.

Thank you very much. Yes, I need more space bounce
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 6:50 pm

My newcomer, the Maia and Borges Wood duck:

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 7:23 pm

My newcomer, the Maia and Borges Wood duck:

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 9:53 pm

That's one of my favorite figures of that wonderful series. It was a pity that it was not successful despite the high quality standard levels. I wished M&B released more series like this one but, unfortunately, they were often represented by the same distributors as Schleich and their animal series got depreciated. They are also a little pricey for a brand that is not so well known as it deserved.

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 10:08 pm

Yes, M&B is doing a great job. I still need the Atlantic Right Whale from this company. Hopefully, they will create some new models in the future. In my opinion the price of the birds and the Dolphin was ok. After all, they are very well made. :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 12:02 am

Yes, M&B is doing a great job. I still need the Atlantic Right Whale from this company. Hopefully, they will create some new models in the future. In my opinion the price of the birds and the Dolphin was ok. After all, they are very well made. :)

You are right. They're not that expensive and they deserve all money invested on it. By the way, I still can find some M&B sea life locally. If you have troubles finding the right whale, I can take a look around. Wink

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 6:38 am

Thanks. That would be great. The Right Whale is often out of stock in Germany.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Megaptera's Collection
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next