Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series

Go down 
+12
MartinH
Gabe
Numa
Roger
Philter4
Arrakai
baltimore zoo
SUSANNE
Wildheart
SyLoBe
skysthelimit
HKHollinstone
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 9:51 am

Congrats! Nice models! cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 11:25 am

Sergey wrote:
Congrats! Nice models! cheers lol!
Thank you Sergey Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:25 pm

Funny thing, WW Indian elephant looks much better than WW African, IMHO...

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:36 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Funny thing, WW Indian elephant looks much better than WW African, IMHO...
I've just ordered one, so I'll give you some comparison pictures when I receive it Very Happy

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:40 pm

Did you win the lottery or something? Laughing

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:42 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Laughing I know I just loved the Asian elephant so much and I've just been looking at the African one and I couldn't resist! Shocked
But this time it's coming from the UK, so I won't be charged at customs Very Happy

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:48 pm

New shelf won't be enough for that giant, you'll need a new room Wink

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 2:02 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
New shelf won't be enough for that giant, you'll need a new room Wink
Laughing
I really won't have any more room on the shelf once this guy's up there - I'll have to make another or find a display cabinet like Martin's.

Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:11 pm

HKHollinstone, ur house so bright!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:35 pm

monsterhouse wrote:
HKHollinstone, ur house so bright!
Thanks Samson Very Happy sunny

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 2:19 am

Congrats on your 2 new figurines Harriet!
They both look great! cheers
Although the Indian rhino could have been somewhat bigger, with a slightly bigger head, it looks awesome, adn it is a great model, same for the Asian elephant! Very Happy

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:51 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Congrats on your 2 new figurines Harriet!
They both look great! cheers
Although the Indian rhino could have been somewhat bigger, with a slightly bigger head, it looks awesome, adn it is a great model, same for the Asian elephant! Very Happy
Thanks Willy, yes they are fabulous! Very Happy Baltimore Zoo and I have been saying the Indian Rhino should be bigger - but I don't mind it's still a lovely model. bounce

Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:59 am

With out a doubt, they(both of this years rhinos), should have been made larger!
Why? Why oh why? Why oh why, can't they get it right? They're great figures, especially the Indian, just a little larger like 4.75" tall x 6.75 long!!!!!!!!!!
IS THAT ASKING FOR SOOOOOO MUCH!
PLEASE TELL ME?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 3:02 pm

One of the things I like in this rhino is that the head is not too large! I think the size is nice! And we see clearly the morphology of an Indian rhinos, in other brands you put a second horn in a Indian rhino and it looks like an African rhino, in this figure we see all characteristics of this species, quite different from the others!
And I continue thinking that is not too small, maybe slightly small if you are talking in a 1:20 scale! In Nature not all animals from the same species have the same size, some are larger other are smaller. If a brand someday makes STS members in 1:20 scale the toy representing Willy will have more 1 cm than me! It's a huge difference for small figures. ...and we are from the same species and belong to European fauna! Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:09 pm

[quote="HKHollinstone"]
Schleichzoo wrote:
Can you tell I'm trying to make you like him Numaan Laughing

He he I dont hate hiom Harriet, in fact in your last photo of him in the grass he looks fantastic. I like the top half of his body and head, I am just not keen on the positioning of the legs that all. He is nice but not as nice as the others.

Actually I am ashamed to say but in your earlier photo of all the rhino's together the Schleich looks like the worst one! Not realistic at all! I dont like the Male Schleich Rhino but I do like the original female sculpt.
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:10 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
But this time it's coming from the UK, so I won't be charged at customs Very Happy

Hi there

Where in the UK? send me a pm and let me know. I didnt realise you can buy them in the UK yet.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:38 pm

[quote="Schleichzoo"]
HKHollinstone wrote:
Schleichzoo wrote:
Can you tell I'm trying to make you like him Numaan Laughing

He he I dont hate hiom Harriet, in fact in your last photo of him in the grass he looks fantastic. I like the top half of his body and head, I am just not keen on the positioning of the legs that all. He is nice but not as nice as the others.

Actually I am ashamed to say but in your earlier photo of all the rhino's together the Schleich looks like the worst one! Not realistic at all! I dont like the Male Schleich Rhino but I do like the original female sculpt.
I can see what you mean about the leg positioning.

The Schleich male Rino isn't realistic really, he's just cute - the female is beautiful though cheers

Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:59 pm

Congratulations. Beautiful additions. This is a series I am eager to get, but have not gotten any yet. Thanks for the great photos.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 4:08 pm

aandmkw wrote:
Congratulations. Beautiful additions. This is a series I am eager to get, but have not gotten any yet. Thanks for the great photos.
Thanks Amy sunny

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series   Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders  and Asian rhino from Wildlife series - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Asian Elephant 2010 Safari Ltd Wildlife Wonders and Asian rhino from Wildlife series
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd. :: Safari Ltd walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: