Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)

Go down 
+7
costicuba
widukind
Fossa
Roger
Bloodrayne
Ana
SUSANNE
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) Empty
PostSubject: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptySun Jan 07, 2018 10:17 pm

I love these funny, beaky dinos, and am delighted to have a green one now too  alien  cheers

Here is my tiny collection:
Back : Safari old and newer.
Front : Schleich, CollectA, and Starlux Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Picture added a couple of days later : Geoworld and Safari toob Very Happy

So different they are. The reasons can be many. For instance there was different species, and the idea what they looked like has changed over the years.
Also, the is the artistsic freedom, of course.

My new, green darling surely has some artistic freedom  Laughing

Last edited by SUSANNE on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 11:06 am

I think it's a lovely emerald-green-Monday-morning-new-year-dino, Susanne! Very Happy Congrats on getting it and thank you for sharing the photos, they are great Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 11:51 am

Looking green in the morning,
is a hang-over warning! haha!

It is an excellent figure full of detail. Very elegant and life-like. Nice expression and a decent paintjob.
(And actually pretty accurate according to the professionals on DTF.)

Something we would like to see a lot more from Schleich these days. silent

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 12:17 pm

Laughing Laughing A morning-dino cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 1:53 pm

Wonderful! This little Schleich dino belongs to a small group of dinosaurs that really excites me. I love it, it has a wonderful expression and, apparently, it is not as inaccurate as most Schleich dinos.
Susanne, you never resist to a ceratopsian, even if it is not as fancy as most of them. Also, as you show, the parrot lizard as it is known, is a common presence in your collection.
Well, I made a little research about the Psittacosaurus as a toy and here goes a possible chronology.

The genus Psittacosaurus, is described, for the first time, by Henry Fairfield Osborn.

Starlux releases, what is probably, the first toy figure of a psittacosaurus. Maurice Massat was the sculptor.

Playskool Definitely Dinos psittacosaurus is released for 2nd series

Funrise includes a Psittacosaurus in their Jurassic Age Authentic Dinosaur Collection

1998 or before
Play Visions releases a bulk of 24 small colorful dinosaurs, Psittacosaurus is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. These same moulds are likely the same we know from Panini or Mech.

Safari Ltd, in colaboration with the Carnegie Museum, introduces a Psittacosaurus in its Carnegie collection, Forest Rogers is the sculptor.

2000-2001
Salvat Editorial launches a series of 40 Dinosaurs with respective fascicles, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is Psittacosaurus, largely inspired on Carnegie figure

Kaiyodo releases a limited edition of a hatching Psittacosaurus for Dinosaurs Expo 2004.

Palaenthologists found one individual with preserved long quills on the tail, and also preserved scales of varying sizes and shapes across the rest of the body. Some coloration evidences too. It changed how Psittacosaurus were portraied since then, namely the tail.

- CollectA presents a Psittacosaurus in their standard sized prehistoric series.
- Safari Ltd releases a TOOB devoted to feathered dinos, and a small Psittacosaurus is included. There's a keyring version of it. Doug Watson or William Burford is the sculptor.

A series of small 36 dinosaurs in blind bags with cards is released. It is the DINOWAURS Survival and a Psittacosaurus is included.

Geoworld releases a Psittacosaurus for the 2nd Expedition Jurassic Hunter line.

A Psittacosaurus is included in Wild Safari Dinos and Prehistoric Life series. Sculptor is Doug Watson.

The figure of this topic is released for Schleich range. Sculpted by Vlad Konstantinov.

Obviously there are some more that I am not aware and others that I haven't listed like the Capcom-expo psittacosaurus or the Oriental Trading Co., marked as Iguanodon! Shocked

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 2:34 pm

WONDERFUL info, Roger cheers
Your knowledge is just amasing, and I am absolutely thrilled over this list  bounce  Applause

And I see that I have two more Psittas : GeoWorld and a "TOOB" one ! I'll have to find them for my flock  Very Happy

Laughing Laughing And most of all , - who opened my eyes to these adoreable dinos ? He lives in Portugal Rolling Eyes You have ONE guess. lol!

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 3:25 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WONDERFUL info, Roger cheers
Your knowledge is just amasing, and I am absolutely thrilled over this list  bounce  Applause

And I see that I have two more Psittas : GeoWorld and a "TOOB" one ! I'll have to find them for my flock  Very Happy

Laughing Laughing And most of all , - who opened my eyes to these adoreable dinos ? He lives in Portugal Rolling Eyes  You have ONE guess. lol!

Thanks Susanne! It is not exactly my knowledge, just a compilation of data. However, it is a fact, while most dino collectors were ridiculing early CollectA figures for their obvious innacuracies, I preferred to see them as a brave company featuring unusual prehistoric creatures and that could turn in a giant if we supported them. See what happened? I did know you could be the perfect person to adopt that lovely psitta and their little friends. Very Happy

Fossa

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 3:52 pm

congratulations!!. thats among the best dinos ever made by schleich if not the very best one. it it so good that a talented painter can turn it into a papo psittacosaurus:

i wish i was that much of a good painter Crying or Very sad

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 3:53 pm

WOW !!! That really shows how nice this model is cheers drunken

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 4:52 pm

Nice dinosaur figure :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 6:20 pm

I really really like ...no, I love this model ! cheers

It is so different like style for a Schleich model.
Wonderful, dynamic pose ... gorgeous details on the skin ... great proportions ...

This is my favorite Schleich Dino model ! ( and not only from 2018 .. Very Happy )

Also the Psittacosaurus is a very charming dino, love it !

Of course , I think, that it deserve more detailed and interesting paint job.
Maybe even more crazy .. :)
The repaint , which Fossa showed to us is very nice and it looks very naturalistic , but
I think it is more for other type of dinos.
I think, this one deserve more colorful skin :)

Thank you for this great walkaround Susanne sunny

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 12:11 am

costicuba wrote:

The repaint , which Fossa showed to us is very nice and it looks very naturalistic , but
I think it is more for other type of dinos.
I think, this one deserve more colorful skin :)

sunny

Psittacosaurus colors are not so artistic free these days, I am quoting it from dinopedia.wikia.com

"Studies is 2016 show that P. sp. had countershading, with brown on the top half of its body, and orange on the bottom, as seen in the picture above. This is likely present to help the animal camouflage itself in its forest habitat. "

The fact is that these evidences are not attributed to a exact species and psittacosaurus is the most diversified genus of dinos, I guess. So, it is like assuming Ara macaws were extinct and someone had found evidences that military macaws were green. Then, all other species of Ara macaws should be portraied as green. Fortunately we know most are not extinct and some have other wonderful colors like the scarlet or hyacinth, for example. I like very much the repaint Fossa showed but I am really excited to see your crazy interpretation! bounce

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 8:22 am

Thankyou, Kosta and Roger !
Interesting study Applause

A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 9:02 am

Thanks, Susanne. It is Schleich's best prehistoric this year for sculpting accuracy and texture. I like that they chose the species with wide horns. Very Happy   For me, it would be perfect if it were somewhat smaller and differently colored (though we are seeing already that it can be changed with great results!).

Also thanks, Roger, for the info compilation.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 10:52 pm

Here he is with the psittos from the Safari toob and from GeoWorld :

Geoworld and Safari toob Very Happy

john2xtheman

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 1:29 am

That is actually the best model of Psittacosaurus out right now.It's even so accurate that you can see at first glance that it's P. sibiricus,the largest species in the genus.
Thanks for the posting the pictures.I've been wanting to see this one for a while.
Applause Applause Applause

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 7:37 pm

Roger wrote:

- CollectA presents a Psittacosaurus in their standard sized prehistoric series.
- Safari Ltd releases a TOOB devoted to feathered dinos, and a small Psittacosaurus is included. There's a keyring version of it. Doug Watson or William Burford is the sculptor.

That is a very interesting list Roger.
Just to clarify for the Safari ltd AMNH Feathered Dinosaur Toob, I only did the feathered dinosaurs, William did the others including the Psittacosaurus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.magma.ca/~watsondn
Rhombo Eric

Rhombo Eric

Country/State : France, Brittany

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 4:42 pm

Thank you, Suzanne, for your photos. It is so useful to become aware of the features of a model before buying.

The skull puzzles me. To what kind of Psittacosaurus does the Schleich model belong ? The spike on the back of the lower jaw looks peculiar to me.

I don't like the feet of the model.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 11:06 am

Doug Watson wrote:
Roger wrote:

That is a very interesting list Roger.
Just to clarify for the Safari ltd AMNH Feathered Dinosaur Toob, I only did the feathered dinosaurs, William did the others including the Psittacosaurus.

Thanks for clearing it up Doug! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)   The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

The super-chaŕming Psittacosaurus 15004 of 2018 :-)
Page 1 of 1