Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)

Go down 
+4
SUSANNE
Roger
Yurumi
Megaptera
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Empty
PostSubject: The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)   The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 10:17 pm

In commection with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of the new ( 2018) Indian rhino from Schleich, there has been a very interesting discussion about the difference between Indian and Javan rhinos.  study

I have been asked to make a small walkaround of Bullyland's great, old Javan critter, and am delighted to present some pictures  Very Happy
The model has a calf, and both are rather large, as they were among the first models in the DeLuxe-series.
Both were made from 1999 to 2005.

The adult :
The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully_Rhino1_Body

And here she is with her baby. To the right is the Indian rhino from the "large" series, so you can see that the Deluxe's are massive  Laughing
The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully_Rhino_Baby_Bully

Mom and baby seen from above :
The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully_Rhino_Body_Baby

A few details-photoes :
The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully_Rhino_Body_Front

The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully_Rhino_Body_Horn

The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully_Rhino_Body_Horn2

The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully_Rhino_Body_Neck

The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully_Rhino_Body_Rump

The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully_Rhino_Body_Shoulder

The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully_Rhino_Body_Tail

The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully_Rhino_Body_Under_Marking

The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully_Rhino_Body_Underside

A few comparisons.
I do not yet have the new Schleich Indian rhino, but hope to make a comparison later.

Here you see Mother Java-Bullyland, and the iconic old Schleich model which was made with few adjustments for app 20 years .
To the the right is the brand new Sumatra rhino from Safari ! A gorgeous little model, which I hope somebody ( or myself) will present soon . Very Happy
The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully_Rhino_Comp_Safari

Bullyland and Schleich rhinos with their calves I love you
The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully_Rhino_Comp_Sch

Aren't the two cute together ? drunken Laughing
The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully_Rhino_Comp_Sch_Adult

The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully_Rhino_Comp_Sch_Adult_Nose

Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)   The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 10:56 pm

Very good walkaround:)
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

PostSubject: Re: The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)   The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 11:12 pm

Yes, a very good walkaround, Susanne Very Happy

But is it possible that there are different variants of Javan rhinoceros? My Javan Rhinoceros looks a bit different in details and I think it´s not so big. scratch

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)   The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 11:33 pm

Fabulous walk around, Susanne! We can see clearly every details that make it a Javan rhino. It is a fact that the sculptor was not very talented but the species was well studied and it worth a lot. The fact that the shoulder shield and nape shield are clearly divided, is the key to determine the exact species as I learned just recently. I always often based my appreciations in things like the smaller horn, less armoured looking and things like these.
I also see that some years ago, I couldn't be of help with Philipp's post I am quoting below. Those are all Javan rhinos and it may illustrate previous comment. Very Happy

PeGe wrote:
Hello,
concerning the Bullyland Javan Rhino:

The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully10

On this picture we see two calves, an adult and what about the biggest one?
Can you help me?
Ist it an indian rhino?

Thanks and best wishes,
P

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)   The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 8:21 am

Yurumi wrote:
Yes, a very good walkaround, Susanne Very Happy

But is it possible that there are different variants of Javan rhinoceros? My Javan Rhinoceros looks a bit different in details and I think it´s not so big. scratch

This is completely new to me Shocked
Again an axample of the difficulties of finding all Bullyland models. So many look alike Laughing

WOW !!! We need pictures etc for TAI bounce cheers

I an cee that the calf that I have is a male, and the big adult is a female , - what about yours, Yuru ? Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)   The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 8:41 am

Great catch!

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

PostSubject: Re: The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)   The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 9:28 am

I think the picture of PeGe shows both variants. Unfortunately, I do not know why there are two.
In the catalog of Bullyland 2004 it shows mine with 12cm length and one also sees that e.g. the horn is smaller. The article number is the same as Susanne indicated at TAI.
Yes, the sexes are the same with mine. Very Happy

The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Bully_Javan_Rhinoceros12
Many thanks to Roger and Philipp for the picture

My Bullyland Javan Rhino can be seen here:The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) IMG_5155_Nashornarten01
I can take some pictures later for TAI sunny

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)   The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 8:47 pm

Wonderful walkaround dear Susanne cheers
And thank you Roger for asking Susanne to make it Very Happy

Yurumi

PostSubject: Re: The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)   The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 6:23 am

Here are the Javan rhinos from the Bullyland catalog from 2004:
The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) IMG_5559_Javan_Rhinos_Bully_catalog2004

...As already written my model is about 12cm long. Susanne, how long is your Javan rhino?

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)   The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 10:55 am

Thankyou, Yuru Very Happy

And here is the picture from 1999, when they were launched :
The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Rhinos99

Same model as yours. It is not as wringeled and you can't see the ribs, as you can on mine  Shocked
Actually I can not find my adult rhino in any of Bullyland's catalogues scratch

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)   The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 12:16 pm

There is also this picture but it is the same 2004 catalogue. On Amazon, measurements provided for package are 16,1 cm long with a weight of 191g. Which package? scratch
By the way, what does [V]3 and [V]6 mean?

The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) 559#

Yurumi

PostSubject: Re: The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)   The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 2:05 pm

Packaging Unit, in german [V] = Verpackungseinheit.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)   The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 7:18 pm

Yurumi wrote:
Packaging Unit, in german  [V] = Verpackungseinheit.

Many thanks, now it makes sense to me. cheers

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)   The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 10:30 pm

Here are pictures from my both versions by the Bullyland Javan rhino. Same model, only in different sizes.

The bigger one (191g) on the left side with the more modern tag has  arrow article number 63535.

The smaller one (150g) on the right side has the older tag with  arrow no number on it.

The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Img_1221

The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Img_1222

arrow  Here you can see the older tag/no number from my smaller javan rhino.
The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) 2020-012

arrow Here you can see the tag with the more modern tag from the  bigger javan rhino.
The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) 2020-013

The 1999 catalog shows the rhino with number 63535 and the older Bullyland logo as newcomer.

The catalog 2004 shows the newer logo, same as we can see it on the tag from my larger Javan rhino and we also read, the javan rhino has again the number 63535.

Somehow the question remains, what size shows Bullyland in the catalogs ? No hints for size in the catalogs.  
scratch sunny

burton70

Country/State : Poland - Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)   The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 10:52 pm

75senta75 wrote:
Here are pictures from my both versions by the Bullyland Javan rhino. Same model, only in different sizes.

The bigger one (191g) on the left side with the more modern tag has  arrow article number 63535.

Beautiful !  cheers   Applause   How to live without a Javan rhinoceros ?  Rolling Eyes  Someone wants to get rid of ? Any version. Preferably smaller  Very Happy Please... Smile
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)   The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 12:42 am

Perfect presentation, Yvette! We will find the mistery, I guess. Very Happy
2004 catalogue reads the adult is 12 cm long. I checked it and it also can be seen on this same topic.
Based on the provided weight and assuming both figures have the same material with the same density, their difference of length is just 1cm. We already know the smaller version is 12 cm, so the larger must be 13 cm.
I am convinced that all pictures of 1999-2004 catalogues feature the smaller version.
Tags show that the larger is more recent and as it has the same product number, it should be a continuation of the previous model. However, 2005 catalogue does not show any of them. Laughing
I don't know what is more difficult, to find one for our collections or unravelling this mistery. study scratch

PostSubject: Re: The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)   The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Javan rhino from Bullyland :-)
Page 1 of 1