Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread

Go down 
+12
eternity
A.R.Garcia
Ana
NightLioness
Bloodrayne
Tarunyada
SUSANNE
Wilorvise
A-J
Roger
bmathison1972
LeeAnn
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 10:03 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
I really enjoyed painting him! It really encouraged me to do repaints more often! cheers
yay, thats always a good thing Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 4:40 pm

He is lovely! Big congrats Anne-Joke Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 5:15 pm

Wonderful fox ! And a very rare guest among models , - what a great idea cheers

He is beautyful, and has a great colour. And then he is adventurous and charming Very Happy Applause

He is called an "Øreræv" in Danish, - that means "Ear-fox" ! Very inventive, isn't it Laughing

A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 9:09 am

Nice wolf and fox! The wolf's tool belt and artifact look like lots of fun. The species transformation for the fox is perfect using that model. I also like the pictures of him finding his way home. Smile

Also, I received a package today! I will share some pictures soon- the figure has charm in both the usual sense and, maybe, a more magical sense... Wink

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 12:48 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
He is called an "Øreræv" in Danish, - that means "Ear-fox" ! Very inventive, isn't it Laughing

In Dutch the bat-eared fox is called 'grootoorvos' or 'lepelhond'. 'Grootoorvos' literally means 'big-eared fox', but 'lepelhond' means 'spoon dog' Laughing I don't know who came up with the latter. Maybe because their ears have the shape of spoons, or something??

A.R.Garcia wrote:
Nice wolf and fox! The wolf's tool belt and artifact look like lots of fun. The species transformation for the fox is perfect using that model. I also like the pictures of him finding his way home. Smile

Thank you very much, Andy, for both the wolf and the fox! The fox was very much fun to repaint and I'm glad I could use Papo's fennec to do so Smile The wolf is really happy at home. I put him in a nice archaeology spot, together with some dolmen and some Neanderthalers!

A.R.Garcia wrote:
Also, I received a package today! I will share some pictures soon- the figure has charm in both the usual sense and, maybe, a more magical sense... Wink

I'm really looking forward to see your pictures!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 12:27 pm

So, my swap package arrived the other day, and it was a big surprise to see what was inside. Before we take a look, I want to say THANK YOU to our forum member Eternity for painting and sending this beautiful model! sunny  It's a unique addition to my collection and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Smile

Here is what emerged from the box:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Shocked A dragon!- and one with a very interesting aesthetic. It has a gray stone texture like a statue, with patches of greenish lichen or moss growing on it (or, someone might even claim that is a hibernating dragon showing through). Twining around this surface are eye-catching, metallic gold vines blooming with red and white flowers- surely a sign that this statue-dragon has a magical aura to it. If you trace them with your finger, the vines extend to the gold claws, the tail tip, and up the neck to the head (here a gold leaf forms the eye of the dragon!). I couldn't help but take a lot of pictures- it was fun and the figure kept shifting its appearance depending on the light or colors around it.

I imagine you might encounter a dragon like this in some enchanted woods:

I love you Meeting with my previous swap figures:

Thanks again Eternity for this custom. I have just a few other dragons and this one is special. I think it will probably function as a sort of guardian spirit for the other animals. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 1:09 pm

What an unusual, wonderfully inventive dragon !!! cheers  flower  alien  flower  sunny

It is obvious that Eternity has put a lot of thought and time and skills into this magnificent creature bounce Applause

And it is so great to see that this stone-hard dragon with a heart of flowers, landed with you, where she is obviously having a good time and gets appreciated the way she sould be drunken

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 3:29 pm

Wow, such a beautiful dragon! Shocked I love the gold accents, so beautiful! Great job Eternity and congrats Andy!

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 7:04 pm

What a gorgeous and unique figurine! drunken I really love how it's made into a statue, or indeed a hibernating dragon. Such a wonderful addition to your collection! I love to see it together with your other customs/repaints; what a nice bunch! Thanks for sharing all those lovely photographs, Andy. I really enjoyed watching your dragon with all the different lightings/backgrounds Smile

Looking forward to see the other repaints/customs!!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 11:48 pm

I am completely amazed with how this swap is working! The archaeologist wolf, the computer working fox and that impressive dragon are all wonderful pieces! Looking forward to see more. bounce bounce

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 12:46 am

As promised, some better pictures of my archaeology wolf that Karin made for me:

drunken drunken drunken

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 1:05 am

cheers cheers cheers

eternity

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 1:39 am

I'm really glad that you liked it.

Also, I've received mine and will be taking pictures tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
eternity

eternity

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 4:39 pm

Her name is Sayuri.
I do like her pink nose. It's cute.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 8:21 pm

She is beautiful! Congrats eternity - who was your partner? Very Happy

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 9:25 pm

Welcome on the forum, Eternity! Very Happy What a lovely entrance; the first thing you do is entering the STS swap with your gorgeous dragon! cheers And I really like your silver cheetah - the pink nose is very cute indeed. Who made it for you?

How many swaps still have to be received? scratch I lost count xD

Back to top Go down
eternity

eternity

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 18, 2018 9:29 pm

Gwaine made it.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 12:51 am

Interesting to know that it was Tessa who did it. Very Happy It is her style for sure. flower Nice to see you Eternity joining this initiative and I hope you're having fun and that your participation on forum matches with your username. Congratulations for your pink-nosed cute figure. Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 8:18 am

Wow ! A real, silver, Tessa-creature cheers

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 2:26 am

Tarunyada wrote:

Still waiting on 5 to arrive to their new homes Wink

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 1:02 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Tarunyada wrote:

Still waiting on 5 to arrive to their new homes Wink

Thanks LeeAnn! Looking forward to see them Very Happy

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 12:18 am

Today I am the very happy recipient of a Chromacris species figure from....Susanne! Wow, thanks Susanne, you did a wonderful job painting (better than I could have done myself!). And it's a nice adult to compliment the nymph by Play Visions. It looks like the Bullyland Grasshopper was used as the base, so it's a nice, sturdy, large figure. I am truly impressed. Thanks again!

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 2:39 am

Woww, Susanne, I love this Grasshopper ! Applause Applause Applause
It has so cool colors. This grasshopper rocks ! cheers
You did a wonderful details and these two colors blue and yellow , are in very nice harmony :)

Congratulations Blaine. You got a wonderful piece :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 10:59 am

I am so happy that it arrived cheers
The poor thing has been travelling for almost 3 weeks, - perhaps he was a trip in it's homeland in Peru ? Laughing

Thankyou, Blain and Kosta, for your kind words ! Very Happy

There is a range of grashoppers called Painted Grashoppers , and of course I wanted to make one for Blaine.
But most of them have a quite different shape, - and some are so magnificently "painted" by Mother Nature that I could never make one geek
So I chose this guy.
However it was also quite difficult. So he is not very accurate, but it seems that Blaine can see what he is anyway Laughing

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 1:23 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
I am so happy that it arrived cheers
The poor thing has been travelling for almost 3 weeks, - perhaps he was a trip in it's homeland in Peru ? Laughing

Thankyou, Blain and Kosta, for your kind words ! Very Happy

There is a range of grashoppers called Painted Grashoppers , and of course I wanted to make one for Blaine.
But most of them have a quite different shape, - and some are so magnificently "painted" by Mother Nature that I could never make one geek
So I chose this guy.
However it was also quite difficult. So he is not very accurate, but it seems that Blaine can see what he is anyway Laughing

Do you remember which species you based it on? Looks a little like C. colorata? :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap THANK YOU Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next