Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS

Go down 
+2
widukind
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS   Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 7:01 pm

...Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore;
Not the least obeisance made he; not an instant stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door —
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door —
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
"Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou", I said, "art sure no craven,
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore—
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night’s Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore"...

Hello dear STSers!

Today I'd like to show one more wonderful figurine of old Schleich — a precious raven, released in 2001.
This one was pretty long time in my wishlist, and once I was enough lucky to win an auction on eBay. Raven arrived to my collection in 2016, and I think it's time to share my walkaround with you! Kill me plz, I'm so fricking fast
I also want to warn you that this topic will updated later: this raven made in Germany, but not so much time ago I've got another one made in China. They have too many differences to leave them without attention.

Should say, I love ravens very much. Corvidae is very smart bird family indeed, but its biggest bird — raven — is one of the cleverest birds at all.
After I started to study at university, I started notice that there appears new bird near my home (I live beside one of the most big parks in Moscow) — family of ravens, as it seemed to be. I've talked about it with my teachers (all of our teachers of vertebrates zoology are ornithologists), and they said that ravens weren't seen in Moscow for last 60 years. I often see them, because both my university and workplace are not so far from my home, and there are at least 4 of them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Schleich raven with Schleich polar wolf:

...And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon’s that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o’er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted — nevermore!
© Edgar Allan Poe — The Raven

Germany and China
As I said, not so long time ago I've got another raven, but made in China (interesting thing is that I bought the second one in Russia with MUCH lower price than usually goes on eBay). It was in very nice condition, and the second reason of buying was the difference between two figurines.

Now I count the second raven as a female, and so there are a raven pair in my collection Very Happy
The first thing that I noticed is that ravens have a bit different color: China one is a bit lighter and has more cold tint that german version. German version is just black and a bit more glossy.
The second thing is paintjob (well, it is always different, when figurines are made in different countries).
The third thing is that they have different sculpt. Pay attention for their heads and plumes.

This is how she went to my collection:

A game of the light:
On every photo the left raven made in China, the right — in Germany.

Even stands have the different thickness:

'Til then I walk alone.

Last edited by Anasta SchwarzeWölfin on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS   Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 8:38 pm

Phantastic catch :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS   Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 8:44 pm

widukind wrote:
Phantastic catch :)
Thanks, Andreas!

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS   Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 9:21 pm

This bird is a true monument of the great days of Schleich cheers

Thankyou for this beautyful walkaround Applause

And for letting Poe' s wonderful poem illustrate, - who could do it better ? drunken

A little outside the topic :
A few years ago, the ravens were almost extinct  in Denmark :

I think it was DDT that did this, as they are also scavengers scratch

Now there are at least 3 breeding pairs around where I live.
Sometimes I see the young ones playing : For instance I saw how three of them wanted to sit on the horses' scratch-pole.
They kept pushing each other down, and I bet it sounded like they were laughing Laughing

Last edited by SUSANNE on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS   Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 9:24 pm

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:
I also want to warn you that this topic will updated later: this raven made in Germany, but not so much time ago I've got another one made in China. They have too many differences to leave them without attention.......

Yes ! Yes ! Please ! bounce cheers

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS   Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 9:46 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
A little outside the topic :
A few years ago, the ravens were almost extinct  in Denmark :

I think it was DDT that did this, as they are also scavengers  scratch

Now there are at least 3 breeding pairs around where I live.
Sometimes I see the young ones playing : For instance I saw how three of them wanted to sit on the horses' scratch-pole.
They kept pushing each other down, and I bet it sounded like they were laughing Laughing

This statistics looks very nice indeed! It's so wonderful when species is on the edge but in the last moment can save itself and recover sunny
Scientists say that games is the way how animals express their mind. So, you know, I believe if they really were laughing Laughing

I don't even know how much ravens we have in Moscow. I've seen 4 ones together, but not more: they often fly separated or by pairs, and because of it I suspect that there may be several groups scratch At least one raven lives beside my flat: almost every time I go to the park I can hear or see him flying over tall trees. I took some outdoor photos earlier, and this raven just was chasing me! XD

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS   Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 11:31 pm

Ah! A long time want of mine as well but prices are very salty for this guy. It is a very beautiful figure indeed with wonderful anatomy.

Yes! Please do show the differences between the two! I'd love to see them! It's remarkable how different the paint work becomes when they are made in two seperate countries. I have several variants of the wolves alone and its really something how different they look for being the same model.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS   Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 11:59 pm

That is surely an important release from the good old Schleich and I am curious to see the variations comparison.

Ravens are an important heraldic symbol, we could see it in Lisbon's coat of arms. As I am from the South of the country, a region called Algarve where there are lots of ravens, I use to say that even the ravens of Lisbon are Algarvian? Laughing
According with a legend, ravens protected  the remains of St. Vincent after he was martyred, then, protecting his body from being devoured by wild animals. When the reliques of the saint were brought from Cape St. Vincent to Lisbon, ravens accompanied them.

St. Vincent Cape is in Algarve, thus, these ravens of the legend, are from there! Well, I also am from Algarve and now I am in Lisbon but I want to keep it clear that I am not a raven but a crocodile instead. Laughing

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS   Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 12:01 pm

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
Ah! A long time want of mine as well but prices are very salty for this guy. It is a very beautiful figure indeed with wonderful anatomy.

Yes! Please do show the differences between the two! I'd love to see them! It's remarkable how different the paint work becomes when they are made in two seperate countries. I have several variants of the wolves alone and its really something how different they look for being the same model.

I also have walkarounds with Schleich wolves made in China and Germany (I've got all the three older wolves 2009-2010, but I need to take photos of both wolf cubs). Wink
Indeed, I didn't want to take the second raven as I don't really like doubles, but yes, they seemed to be so different that I couldn't resist Shocked

Roger wrote:
That is surely an important release from the good old Schleich and I am curious to see the variations comparison.

Ravens are an important heraldic symbol, we could see it in Lisbon's coat of arms. As I am from the South of the country, a region called Algarve where there are lots of ravens, I use to say that even the ravens of Lisbon are Algarvian? Laughing
According with a legend, ravens protected  the remains of St. Vincent after he was martyred, then, protecting his body from being devoured by wild animals. When the reliques of the saint were brought from Cape St. Vincent to Lisbon, ravens accompanied them.

St. Vincent Cape is in Algarve, thus, these ravens of the legend, are from there! Well, I also am from Algarve and now I am in Lisbon but I want to keep it clear that I am not a raven but a crocodile instead. Laughing

My cousin had a real raven in her house, and she loved him as a child. She also has two dogs and several cats, but I feel like she had a bigger connection with raven than with other animals scratch Unfortunately I have never had a chance to see this raven: my cousin lives in other city, and now the raven is losed. No one knows what has happen to him - once my cousin left her house for few days, but when she came back she didn't find him. So maybe ravens from the legend you told had any relationships with St. Vincent, too. You know, corvidae aren't neutral birds - if you like, they may like you in back, but if you hurt them - oh, that's very bad, because they are too clever! Laughing

I'm also surprised why you are crocodile, but not a fox Laughing

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
shadoweon

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS   Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 4:20 pm

I didn't actually know that Schliech had made a Raven before, it'd be nice to see them release one again! They used to release a fair variety of birds in the past.

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS   Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 9:09 pm

Now more photos Wink

'Til then I walk alone.

Last edited by Anasta SchwarzeWölfin on Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS   Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 2:26 pm

Fantastic comparison cheers
They really ARE different, aren't they ? Very Happy

A shame that the beak is so slobbily painted on the German one
It is really better without, isn't it ? Rolling Eyes

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS   Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 4:59 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Fantastic comparison  cheers
They really ARE different, aren't they ? Very Happy

A shame that the beak is so slobbily painted on the German one
It is really better without, isn't it ? Rolling Eyes

Indeed China version has a grey beak too, but its tint is dark. Plus China version has more blessy eyes than German

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS   Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 2:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] pictures of the 1930's Lineol raven were moved to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

My cousin had a real raven in her house, and she loved him as a child. She also has two dogs and several cats, but I feel like she had a bigger connection with raven than with other animals scratch Unfortunately I have never had a chance to see this raven: my cousin lives in other city, and now the raven is losed. No one knows what has happen to him - once my cousin left her house for few days, but when she came back she didn't find him. So maybe ravens from the legend you told had any relationships with St. Vincent, too. You know, corvidae aren't neutral birds - if you like, they may like you in back, but if you hurt them - oh, that's very bad, because they are too clever! Laughing

I'm also surprised why you are crocodile, but not a fox Laughing

I knew a huge raven pet in the region were I lived as a child, it was constantly asking the name of his owner. Very clever and impressive creature indeed. Curiously, it was common, many years ago, to see ravens in Lisbon used as pets, they were all obviously called Vincent. It was surely related with the city tradition. However, since I live here, I've never seen a raven as pet around in the city. They were so common among barbers that they were like icons of barber shops. Interesting the connection of your cousin with the raven and surely she got really sad when she found the raven was not there anymore. Sad Why I am a crocodile? Well, that's another story to be told somewhere. Wink

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS   Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Raven 2001 UPDATED WITH CHINA AND GERMANY VERSIONS
Page 1 of 1