Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
skidrow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
skidrow

Country/State : USA/CA

tiger - Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich Empty
PostSubject: Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich   tiger - Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 4:42 am

Hello everyone,

I am pretty new with Schleich. I am just start collecting them because of my son. We have the latest elephants, the rhino, a bear, a lion, some animals from the farm, etc. So I bought this Wild Life blind bag at Toys R Us. This was my first time buying these blind bags, and I got a tiger, which of course it is not the Tiger (2015 or maybe 2016) toy stores usually have, but I noticed the quality of the one I got is not the same than the other ones we bought. It looks like it is not well painted like all the other animals we have. Its stripes are faded on the left side and more clear on the right side. I also saw a picture of this 2007 tiger (I think this picture was the one for promotion and sales purposes), and the one in the picture has more stripes than mine and looks more cool.

Is there something wrong with these animals that come in blind bags? or with this tiger specifically? or my tiger is okay? should I never buy more blind bags?

I can upload pictures of the tiger I got later.

I hope you can give me a little more information based on your experience with blind bags.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich   tiger - Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 8:54 am

Hi, Skidrow, and a warm welcome to you and your son Very Happy

I have never seen those blind bags, but if Schleich really sell their second quality, old products to children ( and us collectors) this way, they should have their behind kicked really hard !!! Suspect

It would be great to see pictures of this tiger Very Happy

I am sure you both will have more pleasant experience with this great hobby in the future.
Well, perhaps your tiger can be a favorite tiger, because nobody else has one like him ? Wink

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich   tiger - Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 11:10 am

Welcome to our lovely community! cheers

Well that's a pity, opening a Schleich blind bag and expecting good quality, and than a failed tiger comes out scratch As far as I know, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] contained mostly older figurines. I looked liked this was a way for Schleich to get rid of their old stock. I didn't expect they would put failed figurines in their bland bags, such as your tiger. Maybe someone missed it and it was an accident? I think you were just unlucky and that the figurines in your next blind bag will be of better quality!

But I'd love to see a picture of your tiger! And as Susanne said, maybe he's just the special/favourite tiger now! Or you or your son could try to repaint it Smile

And if you have them or are able to, would you mind sharing a picture of the USA/CA Schleich blind bags? Which blind bag wave is it?

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich   tiger - Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 2:03 pm

Welcome here :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
skidrow

PostSubject: Re: Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich   tiger - Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 10:01 pm

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome and replies.

It is not that the tiger looks really bad. Maybe I am just making a big deal of it. Don't know. I'm pretty new with Schleich.

I think te tiger looks fine, and my son loves it. Of course I've noticed that the stripes on the left side are not as clear as the ones on the right side, but mi biggest concern I see is that this tiger doesn't look like the one that appears in the pictures of the bag.

I am attaching some pictures so you can tell the difference.

First this is the bag:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And this is the picture for promotion and sales purposes. You will see this picture looks more cool, also the stripes are different:

And these are the pictures of the tiger I got:

The stripes look that they are fading here as they go down. They are not as clear as the ones on the right side.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you.

Last edited by skidrow on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich   tiger - Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 10:20 pm

That is quite normal Very Happy

Yes, it is darned irritating when the catalogues show the prototype and not the mass manufactured model that we actually buy.
But I have seen much worse. Especially Papo is a bad sinner in that respect . But we forgive them, if the models ar nice anyway.

To compare, here is my riger :

Sometimes it also depends on where the model is made.
Mine is made in China, but the ones made in Germany ( Or Marokko , Portugal or wherever ) can be quite a bit different Very Happy

Rhombo Eric

Rhombo Eric

Country/State : France, Brittany

PostSubject: Re: Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich   tiger - Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 10:49 pm

Your big cat is definitively the 14369 item, written 2007 on its belly. Indeed the price tag matches the old 14369.  It is an out of date tiger as you wrote.

I've just checked my 14369 tigers. Your animals doesn't look much more defective than mine are. None of my 14369 tigers was brought in a blind bag.

In my opinion, your tiger likely seems to be an old product not a new release specially made for those blind bags.
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich   tiger - Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 11:22 pm

As Susanne said, this is actually quite normal with brands. Their promotional photos are often amazing, but when you see them in real the paintjob is different, less breath-taking as on the promotional pictures. This isn't with Schleich alone, most brands have this problem. It's something you get used to, and as Susanne says, we forgive them if the figurines are great anyway! cheers

Conclusion, your Schleich tiger is completely normal! Have fun with your new hobby and don't forget to check the other brands out as well Smile

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
skidrow

PostSubject: Re: Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich   tiger - Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 12:48 am

Thank you everyone for your replies and the information about this old tiger version. it's good to know that the tiger is fine. However, I feel a little disappointing with Schleich, considering there was a tiger (the new version) in the store that looks more similar to the one in the blind bag promotional picture than the tiger I got. I wish I would have bought that one instead of the bag, but how could I have known that this tiger was going to be so different from the tiger of the picture? That was no cool Schleich!

Considering as well, we just started to collect three weeks ago, and all the animals (more than 10) we got so far (none of them from blind bags), are great. They are really great. My son loves them, and I am really happy with them. Of course, it is a pity that the painting of the elephants come off easily, but they are the only ones, and this is something minor I think. Other than that. Great!, so this tiger surprised me in not a good way.

Well, I think I will have to buy the new tiger to get rid of this bad feeling lol.

Thank you again to everyone.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich   tiger - Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 2:16 am

Sorry to hear you got an "ugly" tiger! Sad You can always repaint him, I'm sure you can do a lot better than Schleich's sorry excuse for stripes Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich   tiger - Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 8:36 am

skidrow wrote:

Well, I think I will have to buy the new tiger to get rid of this bad feeling lol.

Thank you again to everyone.

We LOVE to try to help new collectors cheers
Please don't hesitate if you have other question Wink

Just so that you do not get disapointed again, you can see a picture of the real new one here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

skidrow

PostSubject: Re: Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich   tiger - Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich EmptyWed Feb 21, 2018 8:05 am

Thank you Susanne and thank you everyone. You've helped me a lot.

This new tiger looks really cool. It definitely will be in our wish list. I like the page you are sharing to me. I can see good pictures of all of the animals Schleich has. By the way, somebody already bought the new Lion and Hippopotamus from Schleich from this year?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich   tiger - Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich Empty

Back to top Go down

Tiger from Blind Bag - Schleich
Page 1 of 1