Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spider (Imperial Toys LLC)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Spider (Imperial Toys LLC) Empty
PostSubject: Spider (Imperial Toys LLC)   Spider (Imperial Toys LLC) EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 4:15 pm

So, last night running errand, I stopped by a dollar store, since historically they are a great place to find toy animals and often insects. In a bin of assorted animals (sea life, dinosaurs, reptiles), I found the following spider. I went ahead and got it, but it wasn't until later I realized it was by Imperial Toys, and marked 2016! I didn't realize Imperial was still making animal figures.

The spider isn't realistic or modeled after a given species, but it is stamped with the Imperial logo. I wonder if the other animals in the bin were also Imperial?

If you look on the bottom, you will see there is also a large blank square area; this is probably for redistribution by another company (for example, a novelty company that wants to sell this spider at Halloween time - I have noticed Halloween decor usually has these kinds of barn-door stamps).

Anyway, happy to get a new Imperial figure, and for $1 USD LOL

By the way I am putting this in the US child board because according to the accompanying paper, Imperial is based out of California, although historically I thought they were a Hong Kong company. Maybe they have a US distributor in CA...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Spider (Imperial Toys LLC)   Spider (Imperial Toys LLC) EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Congrats for this catch :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Spider (Imperial Toys LLC)   Spider (Imperial Toys LLC) EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 5:19 pm

You know after thinking about it, this might be modeled after a member of the genus Argiope, and actually not a bad likeness, now that I am studying it better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider (Imperial Toys LLC)   Spider (Imperial Toys LLC) Empty

Back to top Go down

Spider (Imperial Toys LLC)
Page 1 of 1