Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

sunny Suggestions for the SUY of July, click HERE sunny

Share | 

Spider (Imperial Toys LLC)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Spider (Imperial Toys LLC)   Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:15 pm

So, last night running errand, I stopped by a dollar store, since historically they are a great place to find toy animals and often insects. In a bin of assorted animals (sea life, dinosaurs, reptiles), I found the following spider. I went ahead and got it, but it wasn't until later I realized it was by Imperial Toys, and marked 2016! I didn't realize Imperial was still making animal figures.

The spider isn't realistic or modeled after a given species, but it is stamped with the Imperial logo. I wonder if the other animals in the bin were also Imperial?

If you look on the bottom, you will see there is also a large blank square area; this is probably for redistribution by another company (for example, a novelty company that wants to sell this spider at Halloween time - I have noticed Halloween decor usually has these kinds of barn-door stamps).

Anyway, happy to get a new Imperial figure, and for $1 USD LOL

By the way I am putting this in the US child board because according to the accompanying paper, Imperial is based out of California, although historically I thought they were a Hong Kong company. Maybe they have a US distributor in CA...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Spider (Imperial Toys LLC)   Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Congrats for this catch :)

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Spider (Imperial Toys LLC)   Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:19 pm

You know after thinking about it, this might be modeled after a member of the genus Argiope, and actually not a bad likeness, now that I am studying it better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider (Imperial Toys LLC)   

Back to top Go down

Spider (Imperial Toys LLC)
Page 1 of 1