Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arctic hare figures sizes

Go down 
+6
bmathison1972
Megaptera
landrover
Ana
SUSANNE
terrorchicken
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Arctic hare figures sizes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 11:15 am

I will try to remember to take a picture of the new Safari Arctic fox with the Papo Arctic hare as soon as I receive it but I think you're right and the new Safari Arctic fox is larger than those. I have the old model and the ELC which are larger than those. Maybe the Safari Wildlife Wonders Arctic Fox works nicely together with the Safari Arctic hare but that's a comparison picture I can't take. Here is the Papo Arctic hare together with the Safari WW Arctic fox and you will see how large is this one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm adding also this picture of the Safari (old) Arctic fox and the ELC one since they are a bit larger than Papo/Schleich and they represent a different scale level. I believe the new Safari will fall into this size or slightly larger.

Nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 2:56 pm

Roger wrote:

I'm adding also this picture of the Safari (old) Arctic fox and the ELC one since they are a bit larger than Papo/Schleich and they represent a different scale level. I believe the new Safari will fall into this size or slightly larger.

The new Safari Arctic fox has 10 cm length & 4.5 cm height. So I think it can be the best choise

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 8:03 pm

An Arctic fox has a head and body lenght between 40 and 60cm. An Arctic hare is bigger with a head and body lenght between 40 and 70cm. 😉
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2023 8:46 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
An Arctic fox has a head and body lenght between 40 and 60cm. An Arctic hare is bigger with a head and body lenght between 40 and 70cm. 😉

They're average weight is also very similar. That's the reason I showed that picture from the top where you can see that the hare doesn't look as large as in the traditional comparison pictures. Though, they in real look very small, like fluffy balls.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 6:41 am

So the Schleich and Papo Arctic foxes are a bit too big but not so much. They can srand zs big fixescwith the Papo Arctic hare. Now we need to find an Arctic fox a bit smaller than the Safari Ltd Arctic hare…
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2023 1:31 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
So the Schleich and Papo Arctic foxes are a bit too big but not so much. They can srand zs big fixescwith the Papo Arctic hare. Now we need to find an Arctic fox a bit smaller than the Safari Ltd Arctic hare…

We have [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from Jolie where we can see the size of the new Arctic fox but this discussion is defintely interesting and shows how our perception of animal sizes is often really wrong. Maybe Safari Arctic hare is not the large monster we assumed and actually it might be of a good size.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 29, 2023 4:32 pm

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

We have [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from Jolie where we can see the size of the new Arctic fox but this discussion is defintely interesting and shows how our perception of animal sizes is often really wrong. Maybe Safari Arctic hare is not the large monster we assumed and actually it might be of a good size.

If the new Safari Ltd head+body is 7cm as I suspect (scale 1/7 to 1/10), it is a bit big for the Safari Ltd Arctic hare (scale 1/8,3 to 1/13,5) but it could work between 1/8,3 and 1/10 which is on a small size for Arctic hare.

Unfortunately for my Arctic fox is living on my 1/12 shelf now but, thanks to Schleich and Papo, their last foxes can match the 1/12 level cheers  Need one bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arctic hare figures sizes   Arctic hare figures sizes - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Arctic hare figures sizes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2