Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

collecta tree 88367

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

collecta tree 88367 Empty
PostSubject: collecta tree 88367   collecta tree 88367 EmptySun Jul 15, 2018 4:52 am

I was wondering if that tree really exists - it has a number and was printed on a early box of ginkgo or cycad, see picture, but I never saw a real model of that. Could also not find it anywhere online. Don't even know what species this is (since I don't owe this box and could check closer).
But it looks beautiful on the picture - and if there is any chance that they really made this model, I'd try to find it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

collecta tree 88367 Empty
PostSubject: Re: collecta tree 88367   collecta tree 88367 EmptySun Jul 15, 2018 7:05 am

In [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you can find Numaan's reply about that tree that I copied below. Very Happy Unfortunately, it seems it was never released. Sad

Numaan wrote:
Kiryuha wrote:

By the way, I found two interesting things concerning the tree’s box. First, the box is totally localized for the Russian market: the text is translated into Russian and one can see a logo of Collecta’s distributor in Russia – Gulliver (it is even larger than Collecta’s logo itself).
Second, as we all know, there are only two trees which Collecta offers at its website - Ginkgo and Cycad. But there is a picture and even the model number (88367) of the third tree!

Has anyone ever seen this third tree anywhere except Collecta boxes?

Hi I have some new news regarding this third tree. CollectA have indeed produced a third tree which is the one printed on the box BUT it is a prototype which has been created and there are no plans to release it in 2011. It will actually be released in 2012 depending on how well the current Ginkgo and Cycad trees sell. CollectA are going to wait and see how popular their current trees are throughout 2010 and 2011 before deciding to release this third model. so if we want to see it released we need to encourage more sales of these trees.

It is an awesome model and different to standard trees by Schleich. It will only be released if the current two trees do really well so it may or may not even be produced. I suppose they eagerly pictured it on the Russian boxes which is naughty really because they havent even mass produced it! Now I bet you want to know what species it is? Well it is a Metasequoia tree!

Here is another photo given to me by a special rep:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

collecta tree 88367
Page 1 of 1