Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .

Go down 
+20
Roger
Advicot
George
SUSANNE
sunny
RtasVadumee
SerAndrew
castlerigg
rogerpgvg
Giulia
Steve170
Pardofelis
QuollMate
landrover
sortepletter
Rhombo Eric
widukind
Megaptera
costicuba
75senta75
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 7:37 pm

Two more wonderful top fives! cheers
Adam, I love the choice of the ELC border collies, definitely worthy of your top 5! Very Happy
Beautiful choices too Loon, I love that humpback whale! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 7:58 am

A joy to watch your favorites, Loon !!! cheers

So differnet and so good pictures and reasons for your choices Applause

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2021 10:01 pm

It’s wonderful to see everyone’s favourites.

I like the personal stories behind them too. George, who is the man in the George Stubbs painting? It’s a beautiful screen. I like Paragon a lot too. Not my favourite Breyer sculpt, but this repaint is amazing.

Jolie: A great story behind the white-sided dolphin; I can imagine how happy you were when you finally found it. Clearly an excellent figure if someone dared to steal it!

Adam: It must have been so wonderful to find your Schleich elephants again. I lost some animals when I was young and I still hope that one day they will turn up in my parents house, however unlikely. Lots of farm animals in your top 5!

Loon: I agree about the hyena, it’s a wonderful figure even if it isn’t super realistic. The MBA humpback is one of my favourites too. I think it’s the large fins and the body that suggest power and movement.

I can't contribute my favourite 5 to this topic. It's too difficult, they are all favourites!

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 9:21 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
George, who is the man in the George Stubbs painting?

Good question! He didn't write that fact down Laughing

Here's what one biography page has to say :

"Portrait of a Gentleman upon a Grey Hunter is comparable to a number of paintings in Stubbs’s oeuvre in subject-matter and composition and has a particular resemblance to Stubbs’s self-portrait on enamel of 1772.
According to some scholars, the similarity in the pose of the gentleman, the horse and the background suggests that the rider in Portrait of a Gentleman upon a Grey Hunter is a relative of Stubbs’s or at least a close friend; the open demeanour and informal pose suggests that the sitter ‘belongs to a circle in which Stubbs felt at home’.
In 1972, Basil Taylor proposed that ‘the man’s features show such a strong resemblance to the artist’s, while being considerably younger, that one is bound to consider the possibility that the picture may represent his natural son, George Townly Stubbs’. Unfortunately, no portrait of Townly Stubbs exists, so the theory is impossible to corroborate and must remain speculative.
Nonetheless, the painting is considered as a highly significant embodiment of all the elements that Stubbs is famous for; an accurate depiction of a horse, a strong representation of a figure and a picturesque landscape acting as a harmonious backdrop."

And here's the real portrait, cos I realise I forgot to link that in my earlier post!

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 5:31 pm

Thanks, I assumed that it was a famous person. But that's interesting, because it suggests that the painting is more about the horse than the rider.

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .   Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 . - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your favorite model(s) right now, max 5 .
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4