Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines

Go down 
+9
rogerpgvg
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
landrover
lucky luke
Bonnie
Roger
Pardofelis
Caracal
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 9:49 am

Pardofelis wrote:
Hello! This year we celebrated Epiphany, and despite the limitations it has been a wonderful wonderful day!
And for me the gift were not figures... but something even better!

using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 P1340310

Until now I only have had experience with SuperSculpey, that needs to be baken. WePam and Fimo Air doesn't need that! This is very useful for me because I can use to repair/custum figures that are already done, such as the wonderful examples that Caracal show us. I wonder that for very fine details (thin legs, beaks, horns, claws, even hairs) is best WePam than Fimo, is it?

Are both pastes better stored in the refrigerator?

Congratulations Pardofelis, Very Happy Applause cheers cheers
good acquisition! bounce
You can even create your own beans for the galette lol!
and make wonderful figurine full of detail king cheers Applause Very Happy drunken
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 11:27 am

Pardofelis wrote:
Hello! This year we celebrated Epiphany, and despite the limitations it has been a wonderful wonderful day!

Until now I only have had experience with SuperSculpey, that needs to be baken. WePam and Fimo Air doesn't need that! This is very useful for me because I can use to repair/custum figures that are already done, such as the wonderful examples that Caracal show us. I wonder that for very fine details (thin legs, beaks, horns, claws, even hairs) is best WePam than Fimo, is it?

I never used Fimo air, so I can't say anything about it but yes with WePAM paste, you can model very thin pieces and It's not necessary to keep it in refrigerator but I wet the remain piece of paste before wrapping it with its paper that I close hard with a piece of adhesive roll before putting it back in its box. :)
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 5:34 pm

Thanks! Then, looks like that humidity is impostant for conservation of the unused paste. But if my home is somewhat humid, the figures done with this paste will remain a bit soft and will be deformable? I hope not!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 6:45 pm

No, as already explained, when it's dry, it's dry and unlike "Plastiroc", you can wet it again, it stays hard (but with a little elasticity which protects it to break) :)

Last edited by Caracal on Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 10:35 pm

Great! Merci beaucoup mon ami! :*

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 7:51 am

Thanks to WePam now I have:

Science & Nature wedge-tailed eagle, now with claws:
using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=16
using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2766
using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2766

Bullyland European bison, with sharper horns:
using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=16
using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2767
using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2767

Mojo African buffalo, with sharper horns:

Papo black rhinoceros, with sharper horn:
using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 Proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fanimaltoyforum.com%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Ddlattach%3Btopic%3D16

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 10:31 am

little details but great improvement!! cheers cheers

(but you can meliorate a little the rhino horn by adding very few past to make it a little more regular bounce )
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 10:41 am

Good job, you have made them all more dangerous!

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 10:50 am

How wonderful- you have transformed the animals with these amazing details! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 11:00 am

Thanks everybody! Yes I know Caracal, is far from perfect - WePam proven to be more difficult to get into a perfectly smooth surface than SuperSculpey! But I fear that if I try to add more paste for make the horn more regular, the result only can be worst...

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 4:31 pm

no no you can obtain very smooth surface by adding few paste mixted with water with your finger! you perfectly  obtained it on buffalo and wisent horns and on eagle claws :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 7:50 pm

Surely these small changes contribute a lot to turn the models more realistic.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 10:37 am

Another little-big change thanks to WePam! :)

using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2770
using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2770

Now my CollectA's leopard seal is proud of his neck :-)

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 10:39 am

Wonderful- it's amazing how you can do it!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 10:49 am

Much better like that! cheers
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2021 5:59 pm

Marvellous restore , I like the Science & Nature wedge-tailed eagle. cheers cheers

goatherder

goatherder

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 11:21 am

Great tutorial. I shall be buying some that straight away. I have broken tusk on a Jeol elephant. I show you a photo when/if it is done👍🏻
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 12:14 am

Pardofelis wrote:

I've never used Fimo before. But I have used WePam. I'm storing it in my fridge for the time being. I have the paste wrapped air tight in plastic and sealed in it's box.
I found it quite 'tacky' to work with as it stuck to my dry fingers, but I wet them a little in some water and it was a little bit easier.
I found it a little tricky but I think with practise it will be easier.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 2:42 pm

You are not obligée to keep it in the freezer but it s better to wet it before packaging ans yes, to wet fingers help to model and yes, you can model very thin horns and legs! 🙂
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 5:37 pm

Thank you Alain, it was quite hot here the other day so I wanted to make sure that if any air did get in, then at least it would be cool air from inside my fridge (I won't freeze it, just keep it in with my vegetables).
I will keep practising on the thin horns and legs Very Happy

please share tips if you have any Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 2:14 pm

last restorations with WePAM paste of gifts from Christophe and Lionel:

using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 P1000011

some horns and antlers:

using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 P1000012

some tails:

using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 P1000013
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 11:53 pm

I have a huge admiration for people who works at an animal hospital. Laughing
I remember seeing some broken figures online and asking myself... why they sell it? It is because some people like you can rescue these little treasures.

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 1:28 am

An interesting thread and product. I will need to see if I can get some. I have used Gorilla All Purpose Epoxy Putty Stick to make an ear for my Rhino. Worked pretty good.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 2:10 am

Caracal wrote:
last restorations with WePAM paste of gifts from Christophe and Lionel:

using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 P1000011

thank you Alain! magnificent work :)

can I ask - with the zebra hoof, do you ever file or sandpaper any of the WePam down ? to create more angular shapes ?
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 8:33 am

Many thanks to you three Rogério, Thebritfarmer and Annette! Very Happy

Annette, I never used sandpaper to modificate WePAM piece, just sculpt with a toothpick and cutter! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines   using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

using WePAM paste to restore (or create!) figurines
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next