Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

caracal's collection

Go down 
+26
bmathison1972
Jill
George
Joliezac
Advicot
Kikimalou
sunny
Bonnie
Taos
RtasVadumee
spacelab
costicuba
Steve170
rogerpgvg
Tiermann
SUSANNE
75senta75
Pardofelis
landrover
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
Megaptera
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Roger
Caracal
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

caracal's collection - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyMon May 06, 2019 11:47 pm

golden jacals don't have so contrasted back and so long legs, they look like mini wolves.
.. what is deceptive is that women who were painting these pieces, didn't always respect the catalog pattern to go faster or because they had not time enough.. but far mostly Starlux jacals have pronounced black back unlike the two of mines shown on picture!..

catalog:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

on left from origine, I (badly!) repainted the 2 others but I kept the original pattern on the back sides as  you can see:

these 2 are from origine but the model was not respected and I have to repaint them!

..sorry to be so fussy! :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 8:15 am

Phantastic

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 10:38 pm

The main goal of a forum is to serve to discuss a certain subject and here, the subject is toy animal figures. Evidently it is good to have people questioning all things related to this hobby.
Watching the catalogue picture, it seems clear Starlux designed a black-backed jackal. It is not so clear in some figures as you pointed, mainly in the figure we can see on Toy Animal Wiki, from Christophe's collection. The wiki is on editing pause, I will try to remember to fix it as soon as possible. Thanks for your observation and it is very appreciated that you pay atention to what may be wrong at the wiki.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue May 07, 2019 11:53 pm

Wiki is a treasure for it provides so many informations to me!.. and it's important to meliorate some details when it's possible.. :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 12:25 am

Exactly! :) I hope to have your help and pictures to give a little upgrade to the fantastic work Christophe already performed on Starlux section. It is, however, still needing some pictures and a good layout upgrade. Very Happy

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 3:22 pm

I have the Starlux WWF okapi and one cave man who are missing, just tell me how to do to send you the pictures.. :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 4:36 pm

Caracal wrote:
I have the Starlux WWF okapi and one cave man who are missing, just tell me how to do to send you the pictures.. :)

Great! You can send the pictures to my e-mail address:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 6:48 pm

Hyaenas:

big scales:

the three I expose:

from left, Safari ltd, CollectA, Mojo fun

little scales:

first raw: 6 Starlux stripped hyenas, the first an second ones on left, from origine, others repainted
second raw: spotted hyena from unknown chinese brand, 3 Clairet (on right repaint), 2 from french unknown brand which look like the Clairet ones but with low ears..

..to save money, Clairet used the same mold for spotted and striped hyaenas but its shape is cleary of a striped one!..

on left Schleich with 2 copies from a NL brand for Action stores (Toi Toys)
the little ones are interesting for dio because you can get a pack for very few money (50c/each!)

Last edited by Caracal on Fri May 24, 2019 10:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 7:34 pm

Lots of very nice hyenas there. Your repaints are always interesting to see. Sometimes the sculpture of the original is better looking with new paint than what the manufacturer has done.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2019 12:23 am

I see the Papo hyena are not among your choices to be exposed. I used to like the figure in the past but as time passes, my interest in Papo hyena is decreasing. The figure is really aging in my point of view. Curiously, somewhat similar is happening with the Safari figure, somewhat large for my taste and despite the very traditional look of a hyena on it, it looks slightly cartoonish to me. The Mojö Fun is quite nice but it misses something to look like an alpha female. I am starting to like the new Schleich but I haven't acquired it yet once I don't need more hyenas. Laughing Isn't life much easier when we don't have many options and the only one is as nice as it is the CollectA striped hyena? Wink

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2019 12:51 am

..it's curious, only one striped hyena by modern big scales brands although they were the almost only hyenas from vintage little scales!.. maybe the spotted hyenas were'nt as well known as the formers in the past!..
Rogério,the Safari one is the spotted hyena I prefer, the Papo one seems to me far more cartoonist!.. and you're right, no problem to choose a striped one!..
thank you Tim and Rogério! :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2019 9:41 am

Beautieful hyenas

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2019 10:14 am

they all are not very beautiful and accurate but in the past, as I had no big choice, I got the ones I could!

thank you Andreas! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptySun May 26, 2019 12:17 am

Caracal wrote:
..it's curious, only one striped hyena by modern big scales brands although they were the almost only hyenas from vintage little scales!.. maybe the spotted hyenas were'nt as well known as the formers in the past!..
Rogério,the Safari one is the spotted hyena I prefer, the Papo one seems to me far more cartoonist!.. and you're right, no problem to choose a striped one!..
thank you Tim and Rogério! :)

Interesting observation about the hyenas. It is already time to brands release a brown hyena or an aardwolf.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 11:26 pm

civets, genets and mongooses..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]*

..I have few..
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyMon May 27, 2019 11:35 pm

procyonidae, ailuridae, mustelinae..

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2019 12:37 am

ursidae:

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2019 1:04 am

first line: 9 Marolin Plaho brown bears cubs, 2 Starlux ( sun bear and giant panda), 1 Britains panda, 1 unknown panda just marqued: CHINA

second line: 6 Marolin Plaho brown bears, 2 Elastolin brown bears, 1 Britains brown bear, 1 Toi Toy brown bear, 1 Papo mini brown bear

third line: 7 Starlux brown bears, 1 Clairet brown bear, 2 Elastolin sloth bears

fourth line: 8 Starlux cave bears, 1 homemade cave bear, 1 brown bear

fiveth line: 3 Omo polar bears, 2 Clairet polar bears, 2 Britains polar bears, 4 Marolin Plaho (3 cubs) polar bears, 1 Elastolin polar bear, 3 Starlux polar bears

sixth line: 1 Bullyland brown bear, 1 Schleich brown bear, 1 Elastolin polar bear, 1 Schleich black bear, 1 Safari ltd Kermode bear, 1 CollectA black bear, 1 Schleich sloth bear, 1 Bullyland cave bear

seventh line: 1 Safari ltd polar bear, 1 Papo brown bear, 2 Safari ltd brown bears, 1 Papo brown bear, 1 CollectA brown bear, 1 Papo polar bear

heighth line: 2 Papo cave bears, 2 Schleich cave bears (the last customised)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2019 1:09 am

cave bears:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2019 1:13 am

Very impressive indeed! I like the way you mix vintage with modern figures. It is also great that you tell what is in your pictures. It is asking too much htat you do the same with the small carnivores? No hurries anyway. It is surprising the little number of Mephitidae. Wink

widukind

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2019 9:00 am

Wonderful. What brand is the light brown bagder beside of tbe Schleich bagder?

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2019 10:09 am

it's the Papo one Andreas.. well, I give the names of brands when the picture is crowded, when they are few people, I give it if somebody asks to me!.. scratch what are the "Mephitidae" Rogério?..

Thanks to you both! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2019 10:26 am

Caracal wrote:
what are the "Mephitidae" Rogério?..

Mephitidae is the family comprising skunks and stink badgers. There are several toys of skunks but almost always the striped skunk is the species featured.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2019 10:36 am

oh yes! mephitique/ bad smelling!.. thank you Rogério and you're right, a family poorly produced..

the big scales I expose:

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2019 10:41 am

bears I prefer:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

caracal's collection
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next