Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Humpback Whale

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

whale - CollectA Humpback Whale Empty
PostSubject: CollectA Humpback Whale   whale - CollectA Humpback Whale EmptyWed May 08, 2019 6:17 pm

Humpback Whales (Megaptera novaeangliae) are one of the most iconic whales in the world. They belong to the rorqual whales and can reach a length of around 15 metres. The Humpback has a very remarkable shape, because of its long pectoral fins and the nobby head. Moreover, they are famous for their songs, which were the reason people change their attitude towards whales and began to protect whale species around the world.

Humpback Whales are my all time favourites and so I decided to perform this walkaround. This figure is already quite an old model from CollectA. It was released in 2009 and its still available. The model has a length of around 21 cm. The details are very nice and it looks similar to the giant Humpback from Schleich.

The head shows the typical nobby shape of Humpbacks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is an individuum in the feeding grounds, because its belly and pectoral fins were parasitized by whale lice

And here a comparison between the Schleich Humpback Whale and its calf and also the small one from Safari, which I got from Roger Very Happy

At the end I want to show an example of a singing Humpback:

Last edited by Megaptera on Fri May 10, 2019 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Humpback Whale   whale - CollectA Humpback Whale EmptyWed May 08, 2019 6:23 pm

I just got this figure yesterday. This month, for my Synoptic Animal Collection, I am working on cetaceans. It was tough to find a humpback in the desirable size range, but I ended up going with this one. I was pleased when I got it in-hand!!! Thanks for the walkaround!!!!
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Humpback Whale   whale - CollectA Humpback Whale EmptyWed May 08, 2019 6:33 pm

Thank you:)
I'm looking forward to see your whale collection cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Humpback Whale   whale - CollectA Humpback Whale EmptyWed May 08, 2019 6:59 pm

Great informations and pics :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Humpback Whale   whale - CollectA Humpback Whale EmptyWed May 08, 2019 7:18 pm

I love topics like these. Excellent presentation of your new humpback whale. I had before the Schleich big one, maybe my favorite once I've never had the Monterey from Safari in my hands. However, I have the Mojö Fun version, a gift from the company and a great figure too. Nice to see the little toob figure in this topic. Very Happy

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Humpback Whale   whale - CollectA Humpback Whale EmptyWed May 08, 2019 7:29 pm

Thank you, Roger. I also never had the chance to see the Monterey Bay one in real life.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Humpback Whale   whale - CollectA Humpback Whale EmptyWed May 08, 2019 7:40 pm

Megaptera wrote:
Thank you, Roger. I also never had the chance to see the Monterey Bay one in real life.

I had the Monterey Bay figure years ago, when I was a generalist. It was very nice, but the MBA figures are all just a bit big for me.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Humpback Whale   whale - CollectA Humpback Whale EmptyThu May 09, 2019 4:32 am

Yes, they need too much space.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Humpback Whale   whale - CollectA Humpback Whale EmptyFri May 10, 2019 2:02 pm

Moreover, there we know at least two to three subspecies of Humpbacks until now:

The northern one is known as Megaptera novaeangliae kuzira whereas the southern one is known as Megaptera novaeangliae australis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Humpback Whale   whale - CollectA Humpback Whale Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Humpback Whale
Page 1 of 1