Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Repaint - Schleich Chasing Lioness to Cougar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

Repaint - Schleich Chasing Lioness to Cougar Empty
PostSubject: Repaint - Schleich Chasing Lioness to Cougar   Repaint - Schleich Chasing Lioness to Cougar EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 6:05 am

As someone who collects big cats, I was so excited to hear about the new lioness model Papo was producing. Their past lionesses have been stunning, and I'm a sucker for dynamic poses. But my excitement quickly waned when I actually received mine in the mail. The paintjob was simple, cheap, and a lot darker than their previous lionesses. On my lion shelf it stuck out like a sore thumb.

So I decided to break out the paint and do a little retouching, which quickly turned into a lot of retouching. Despite all my efforts, the figure just got darker and darker, and I finally realized it looked less like a lion and more like a cougar. So I went with it. I made the tail from Sculpey, which I molded onto the original tail. Molding onto plastic meant I had to boil it rather than bake it, and the rest of the paint being finished before I decided to do this meant I had to hack off the tail and then glue it back afterwards so as not to damage the rest of the already painted figure. I don't know why I do this to myself. Anyway, I'm not 100% satisfied with the job I did on the tail, but it's as good as it's going to get. And for someone with limited supplies and very little experience in repainting and resculpting, it honestly could have turned out a lot worse.

So I give to you all Amber, my custom cougar figure, so named because I decided to let her keep her original eye color, rather than paint them the standard greenish-gray of most cougars.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com

Repaint - Schleich Chasing Lioness to Cougar
Page 1 of 1