Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gast

how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!  Empty
PostSubject: how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!    how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!  EmptySun 30 Jan 2011, 04:27

I would love how to know how to do this Sad I have 3 of the same model (hanoverian dressage mare) and the one I got when they first came out is very beat up and the paint is gone off most of her so I would love to know.....

what kind of paint is best
do you seal it after?
and if so what is best

I do repaint lots of animals already I did 5 LPS in one day Surprised it was fun! I am going to post pictures soon.
I also did some knights and horses...
I use paint I buy and Wal-Mart and Mod-Poge to seal it...but I dont really like it because It gets kinda of stickey and its not water proof and dust sticks to is and it is shiney..well there is alot I dont like as you can see and I just dont want to risk anything with my Schleich!
any help would be great!!!

thanks lots!

-Emily
cheers
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!    how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!  EmptySun 30 Jan 2011, 14:03

Schleichs are among the easiest models to repaint, so don't worry! I use pastels or acrylics, or a combination of the two. Acrylics are very easy to handle, quick-drying and don't require any special solvents. The ones from Games Workshop/Citadel are excellent for basecoating, being specifically made for painting models.
Pastels have to be the dry chalk kind, not oil pastels, and preferably high-quality soft ones like Sennelier. You don't "draw" on models with pastels, but grind them down and apply the powder with a qtip or paintbrush. The main advantage is the colors are easy to blend, create a smooth color with a lot of depth, and don't leave any brushstrokes - however, you'll need to seal with fixative between each layer and there's always a risk of fogging or sealant drip which is really hard to fix.
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!    how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!  EmptySun 30 Jan 2011, 16:21

I like to paint mines with pastels, and acrylics for details; but now I have an airbrush and I´m thinking about using acrylics for the whole body because I liked the result in my first attempt at using it :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
spikesilkenwolf

spikesilkenwolf

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!    how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!  EmptyThu 10 Feb 2011, 17:18

invest in a airbrush!i love mine! sometimes chalk is good for hoof stripes.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!    how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!  EmptyThu 10 Feb 2011, 19:05

Please. please let us see the results of what you make bounce bounce sunny
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sapphire

Sapphire

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!    how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!  EmptyTue 01 Mar 2011, 02:41

I have not been on in a little wile... I will be sure to post pictures!!!!! I am thinking about painting her to look like my horse fury (even if fury is a boy) I always wanted to do dressage with him but never got him into it.
Back to top Go down
http://whiterunstables.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!    how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!  Empty

Back to top Go down

how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!
Page 1 of 1