Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gast

PostSubject: how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!    Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:27 am

I would love how to know how to do this Sad I have 3 of the same model (hanoverian dressage mare) and the one I got when they first came out is very beat up and the paint is gone off most of her so I would love to know.....

what kind of paint is best
do you seal it after?
and if so what is best

I do repaint lots of animals already I did 5 LPS in one day Surprised it was fun! I am going to post pictures soon.
I also did some knights and horses...
I use paint I buy and Wal-Mart and Mod-Poge to seal it...but I dont really like it because It gets kinda of stickey and its not water proof and dust sticks to is and it is shiney..well there is alot I dont like as you can see and I just dont want to risk anything with my Schleich!
any help would be great!!!

thanks lots!

-Emily
cheers
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!    Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:03 pm

Schleichs are among the easiest models to repaint, so don't worry! I use pastels or acrylics, or a combination of the two. Acrylics are very easy to handle, quick-drying and don't require any special solvents. The ones from Games Workshop/Citadel are excellent for basecoating, being specifically made for painting models.
Pastels have to be the dry chalk kind, not oil pastels, and preferably high-quality soft ones like Sennelier. You don't "draw" on models with pastels, but grind them down and apply the powder with a qtip or paintbrush. The main advantage is the colors are easy to blend, create a smooth color with a lot of depth, and don't leave any brushstrokes - however, you'll need to seal with fixative between each layer and there's always a risk of fogging or sealant drip which is really hard to fix.
Back to top Go down
http://yakinasack.blogspot.com/
SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!    Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:21 pm

I like to paint mines with pastels, and acrylics for details; but now I have an airbrush and I´m thinking about using acrylics for the whole body because I liked the result in my first attempt at using it :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
spikesilkenwolf

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!    Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:18 pm

invest in a airbrush!i love mine! sometimes chalk is good for hoof stripes.

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!    Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Please. please let us see the results of what you make bounce bounce sunny
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sapphire

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!    Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:41 am

I have not been on in a little wile... I will be sure to post pictures!!!!! I am thinking about painting her to look like my horse fury (even if fury is a boy) I always wanted to do dressage with him but never got him into it.
Back to top Go down
http://whiterunstables.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!    Today at 5:54 am

Back to top Go down

how do you repaint a schleich...I repaint lots of others..but dont want to risk the life of a schleich!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1