Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari LTD New for 2020

Go down 
+34
Lionwoman
Taos
terrorchicken
CWGross
MartinH
Shanti
Siarczek
Caspian
LukaLeon085
Gwaine
A.R.Garcia
Geospiza fortis
ze_neto
pipsxlch
VexVamp
twilighter
WhiteLightning Wolf
Kikimalou
Bloodrayne
Pardofelis
Duck-Anch-Amun
landrover
Ravonium
bmathison1972
lucky luke
Roger
sphyrna18
widukind
QuollMate
Tupolew Tu-154
Megaptera
halichoeres
Saarlooswolfhound
Takama
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 4:03 pm

widukind wrote:
Megaptera wrote:
The Tree Kangaroo, the Weasel and the Lake Toob sound interesting. Are there any new bird models?

Absolutly right

and a cape baboon is also interesting

Cape Baboon? bounce
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 4:36 pm

Forgot one figure for the Great Lakes TOOB, a yellow perch.
Back to top Go down
Ravonium

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 4:50 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Whoo I was hoping for a new wolf! Hopefully it's as good as the arctic figure. Dane, watusi, dolphin, sand tiger, eagle owl, tree kangaroo, weasel and great lake toob are exciting. Have to see the the rest to decide.

No photos?

Photos can be found here Cool: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 4:54 pm

I want the new Sarcosuchus. Applause

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 4:57 pm

Ravonium wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Whoo I was hoping for a new wolf! Hopefully it's as good as the arctic figure. Dane, watusi, dolphin, sand tiger, eagle owl, tree kangaroo, weasel and great lake toob are exciting. Have to see the the rest to decide.

No photos?

Photos can be found here Cool: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks Ravonium, I have had the pics for a few days and will post to ATF this afternoon
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 4:57 pm

I checked last night and those weren't there! Thank you for the heads up and link. Beautiful figures! Safari didnt disappoint this year. To me, only the weasel and Watusi bull look a little strange. Gray wolf is great, I'm very excited about that even if it is a common canid. I'll have to get the salmon lifecycle, I got to raise some for school a long time ago and then release it to a fish hatchery. Great new figures!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 5:06 pm

Not as excited as the last years, but still enough for anybody.
For me, it´s always a shame, that the IC-line is so big. Bushbaby and sugar gider would be otherwise must-haves.

For me, the great lake toob is a must-have! Even that I already have a canada goose an blue heron, I think those other animals in the toob are quite rare. Although I wish they would have gone for another animal than the canadian lynx. Even more so, that it´s in the same position as his greater cousin from the american wildlife range.

The south african toob is very lazy. The cape baboon could be interesting for some species hunters, but I wish it would have been a dschelada or hamadryas baboon or drill.

The tree kangaroo is also interesting, cause I only have the one from NewRay. But I wish his pose would be more actif.

The weasel looks nice, but I have to wait if someone could identify it. For me, it´s quite difficult to make a difference between the english names stoat, weasel or hermelin. In German, it´s much more effectif.

The Watusi Bull looks to childish, not to compare with the wonderful CollectA figurine.

And when I have a look in TAI, the atlantic white sided dolphin seems to be a new species? scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Now that we know all pictures, I must say that I like all of them. The weasel seems to be the desired one, the skunk is a striped one but it looks great, the warthog is beautiful, the fox is nice, the eagle owl attractive, etc. None of these is a re-release and it is also a good thing to know. Thanks for all that allowed us to know Safari releases so early. Very Happy

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 5:23 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Not as excited as the last years, but still enough for anybody.
For me, it´s always a shame, that the IC-line is so big. Bushbaby and sugar gider would be otherwise must-haves.

For me, the great lake toob is a must-have! Even that I already have a canada goose an blue heron, I think those other animals in the toob are quite rare. Although I wish they would have gone for another animal than the canadian lynx. Even more so, that it´s in the same position as his greater cousin from the american wildlife range.

The south african toob is very lazy. The cape baboon could be interesting for some species hunters, but I wish it would have been a dschelada or hamadryas baboon or drill.

The tree kangaroo is also interesting, cause I only have the one from NewRay. But I wish his pose would be more actif.

The weasel looks nice, but I have to wait if someone could identify it. For me, it´s quite difficult to make a difference between the english names stoat, weasel or hermelin. In German, it´s much more effectif.

The Watusi Bull looks to childish, not to compare with the wonderful CollectA figurine.

And when I have a look in TAI, the atlantic white sided dolphin seems to be a new species? scratch

The weasel is a long-tailed weasel, a 'unique' species (hence its inclusion in the North American line)
Back to top Go down
Ravonium

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 5:24 pm

You're welcome guys.

Probably the star of the extant lineup for me is the Eurasian eagle owl; this is probably the best attempt at colouring this species I've seen from a Western company (and it's not even like its been coloured perfectly either)

Apart from that, the sand tiger shark is also quite a nice addition (knew it wouldn't be long before they made one), and I have been needing a new warthog figure, so I think I'll get that too. Additionally, the Great Lakes toob seems like quite a nice selection - the little brown bat, Lake Erie water snake, yellow perch, common mudpuppy and, if large enough, the great blue heron all interest me.

Finally, while I'm glad to see a salmon lifecycle set, something does seem off about some of the stages.

The rest of the lineup are passes for me, although that's not to say they're bad - frankly I'm glad I'm not getting much from next year's lineup, as this gives me the opportunity to catch up on missed releases.

Last edited by Ravonium on Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 6:00 pm

OK, I get to analyze these better now that I have a synoptic

collection:

The ones I would like to get:

1. Great Lakes TOOB. I am probably MOST excited for this! The dragonfly, Lake Erie water snake, American herring gull, common mudpuppy, little brown bat, and yellow perch will definately be retained. The Canada goose and lake sturgeon may or may not displace the examples I have of these species, I will have to see how they compare in size. I will probably keep the great blue heron, since it's one of my favorite birds, although I fear it may be a bit small. The only figure from this TOOB I probably will not retain is the Canada lynx, since I am satisfied with the NAW version by Safari.

2. long-tailed weasel. I really like this figure but the biggest factor will be size. If it's too big, I may pass. Given the large size of the 2019 honey badger and mandrill, I am cautious about sizes.

3. Striped skunk. I predicted Safari would be releasing a skunk soon - it has been a while. I have the CollectA skunk in my wishlist, but will get this Safari one, again, if it's not too big.

4. Eurasian eagle-owl. This is a given. Any new species in Wings of the World will be acquired. This will be my third species of Bubo. If I keep getting bubos, someone will think I have a Yersinia pestis infection... Cool

5. Matschie's tree kangaroo - this one is another given; again hope it's not too big.

6. Life cycle of a spider. Uggh, just not sure. As an entomologist, I feel compelled to get this, but honestly it doesn't look good. The young hatchlings are piled on an orb web, but the adult looks nothing like a species that makes an orb web. This would have made a great life cycle for a wolf spider had they not put the younglings on that web...This LC could have been so much better!

7. Sand tiger shark. New shark species by Safari? Check!

I may get these:

1. Wolf. I see no need to replace the wolf I have. They only way I may consider this, is if it can be documented this is a Eurasian subspecies. It is in the general Wildlife line, so maybe it's not a North American subspecies?!? The promo pic shows a nice paint, but the pose is very stiff. Wolf figures are usually more dynamic; this one looks more like a taxidermied museum specimen!

2. Shingasaurus. The only prehistoric reptiles I was thinking of getting are the therapsids (maybe other synapsids). But this one is really cool so I might venture out a little.

I will not get these:

1. Watusi bull - I have the CollectA one, and now way it will get replaced by this one.

2. Great Dane - I don't collect domestic dog breeds

3. Salmon life cycle - I only collect invertebrate life cycles (for now)

4. Atlantic white-sided dolphin - I have the TOOB version which I prefer (for my whales, I prefer standard-sized whales and TOOB-sized dolphins)

5. Lion cub - I don't collect baby animals. If I ever do, I will probably get a Papo cub since my lion and lioness are by Papo

6. Warthog. I KNEW either Safari or CollectA would release a warthog this year. This figure is very nice, but no reason to replace the PNSO one I have.

7. Wildlife Wonders and Good Luck Minis - I don't collect figures from these lines. The former are too big, and the latter too small, LOL.

8. Incredible Creatures - for these taxa, these are all too big. I would love them in standard/TOOB-sized forms.

9. Prehistoric Life - none of these (except for maybe the Shringasaurus, above) are taxa I currently collect.

10. South Africa TOOB - nice but all too small for the taxa they represent.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 6:30 pm

Very attracted by the stigray (it's Pastinachus sephen??), the sugar glider, the bushbaby and the Matchie's tree kangaroo, but I must know the size of all them before buying. Probably all are too big. A bit attracted by Eurasian eagle owl and warthog, again I need to know the size before. Warthog looks like the best warthog done until now. Very surprisingly, I'm attracted by the wolf!!!!!! A such super-banal and unimportant species as a wolf, that zillions of brands made figurines of, must have something very special for attract me. Maybe is the combination of a more well done paintjob than most brands and more natural position too. But if some far day I get a wolf in my collection, I think it will be this one.
However, I must get first sooooooooooooo many figures from previous years...!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 7:54 pm

First Post has EVERTHING they will release in 2020.

Phew, that was a lot of work

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 7:58 pm

Thanks for your hard work!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 8:06 pm

I want the three birds of the toob of great lakes. sunny

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 8:54 pm

Thank you very much for the pictures and these announcements! Very Happy Applause cheers
For me Matschie's tree kangaroo if not too big, Eagle Owl, I would have wished another species, but it has beautiful colors and good poses.
TOOBS Great Lakes bounce drunken Cool
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 9:30 pm

Thanks Takama, much appreciated!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 10:58 pm

Thank you Takama cheers

Those ones particularly catched my eyes.

Takama wrote:
Ok I Guess im going to host this thread for you all since i have news, and no one has made one yet

Shringasaurus
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Suger Glider

Bush Baby

Warthog

Matschie's tree kangaroo
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 11:00 pm

I really don't understand why there seems to be a lot of negativity across social media for Safari LTD's lineup this coming year. Maybe it has to do with the collectors who only like to collect certain species and such. 

As for me, I am always impressed with what they release...even if the figures aren't within my collecting interests or quite what I had hoped for. Safari has proven to be quite strong these last few years and they are certainly doing their research and taking their time to sculpt some of the most wonderful models. (Schleich just misses all those points entirely anymore unfortunately.)

That new wolf and Great Lakes toob are to die for! I look foward to adding them to my collection as well as a lot of others and can't wait to see what they release in the next few years.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 11:03 pm

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
I really don't understand why there seems to be a lot of negativity across social media for Safari LTD's lineup this coming year. Maybe it has to do with the collectors who only like to collect certain species and such. 

As for me, I am always impressed with what they release...even if the figures aren't within my collecting interests or quite what I had hoped for. Safari has proven to be quite strong these last few years and they are certainly doing their research and taking their time to sculpt some of the most wonderful models. (Schleich just misses all those points entirely anymore unfortunately.)

I agree 100% with your philosophy. I'll tell you why there is negativity social media, because that's what people do on social media, they complain (haha). One of the reasons I started a synoptic collection last year was I feel we are in a renaissance with animal figures, a new 'Golden Age' in diversity and quality, and Safari lately has been leading the way!

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 11:24 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:

Thanks, fixed!

Thanks for posting photos, Takama. As you've just seen, it's a pain to get photos from Safari's web site (I did it for ATF one year). Sorry I didn't have time to round them up earlier, I was burning the midnight oil writing an exam for my students!

I agree that this is overall a pretty strong lineup. The Great Lakes toob will come in handy for teaching, I think, considering I live right next to one of them :)

PS, Blaine, any clue what the dragonfly is? From this angle it looks like a darner maybe?
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 11:28 pm

halichoeres wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

Thanks, fixed!

Thanks for posting photos, Takama. As you've just seen, it's a pain to get photos from Safari's web site (I did it for ATF one year). Sorry I didn't have time to round them up earlier, I was burning the midnight oil writing an exam for my students!

I agree that this is overall a pretty strong lineup. The Great Lakes toob will come in handy for teaching, I think, considering I live right next to one of them :)

PS, Blaine, any clue what the dragonfly is? From this angle it looks like a darner maybe?

A darner would be my best guess, but I'd have to see the colors better from a dorsal perspective. Could also be a cordulegastrid, but I suspect a darner. Probably the good ole green darner (previously made by Safari at least 3 times)
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 11:29 pm

there was a lot of Negative feedback on there Prehistorics, before any of the new modern animals were reveald.

Some even went as far to say that they become as bad(Or going down the same slope) as Schleich.

That in my opinon is the biggest insult i ever heard anyone give this compney. For one. Safari puts a lot more work and effort into there models then Schleich ever did, and actually CARE about there fans, instead of getting pissy and threatning to sue people when people leak there models. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
twilighter

twilighter

Country/State : Oslo, Norway

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 11:36 pm

3 ultra-rarities, like Matschie's tree kangaroo, Bush Baby and Sugar Glider in same year!

2020 Looks very promising already :)

twilighter

Country/State : Oslo, Norway

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 11:36 pm

3 ultra-rarities, like Matschie's tree kangaroo,  Bush Baby and Sugar Glider  in same year!

2020 Looks very promising already  :)

PostSubject: Re: Safari LTD New for 2020   Safari LTD New for 2020 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari LTD New for 2020
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd.-
Jump to: