Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Small Wolf Figures

Go down 
+2
widukind
VexVamp
6 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

My Small Wolf Figures Empty
PostSubject: My Small Wolf Figures   My Small Wolf Figures EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 6:08 pm

All of the smallest wolf figures in my collection. The only ones missing are the Eco-Dome wolf family and the gray Safari Authentics wolf, both of which are still in their boxes.

For a sense of scale, the largest wolf figure in this group is about 3 1/4 inches long (nose to tail tip), 1 3/4 inches tall (ear tip to floor), and 3/4 of an inch wide (at chest), and the smallest is just over 1 inch long (nose to tail tip), about 3/4 of an inch tall (nose tip to floor), and 1/4 of an inch wide (at chest). The last photo shows a side by side comparison of these two.

Fun fact: the oldest figures in this group are the two AMT (American Metal Toys) wolves, which were made from 1939-1942, and the newest is the Colorata wolf, which was only recently released.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Small Wolf Figures   My Small Wolf Figures EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 8:21 am

A nice wolf collection. I am sure it is very interesting for Teddy Lam

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: My Small Wolf Figures   My Small Wolf Figures EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 10:54 am

Very Happy I am surprised by the great number of these little scale wolves! many are unknown for me and I thank you for your usefull pictures!
Which brand are the 2 beautiful wolves just on the right side of the artic wolves from Nayab and Kinder please?..
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My Small Wolf Figures   My Small Wolf Figures EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 9:30 pm

Thanks a lot, this is very useful. What brand is this wolf:

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: My Small Wolf Figures   My Small Wolf Figures EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 4:52 am

widukind wrote:
A nice wolf collection. I am sure it is very interesting for Teddy Lam

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: My Small Wolf Figures   My Small Wolf Figures EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 4:54 am

Caracal wrote:
Very Happy I am surprised by the great number of these little scale wolves! many are unknown for me and I thank you for your usefull pictures!
Which brand are the 2 beautiful wolves just on the right side of the artic wolves from Nayab and Kinder please?..

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed them! Those two are Takara Tomy wolves, which are sold alongside a little boy figure. The white one was a limited edition, but is still fairly easy to find on Ebay.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: My Small Wolf Figures   My Small Wolf Figures EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 4:56 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Thanks a lot, this is very useful. What brand is this wolf:

I'm glad you like it! That is the wolf that came with the Terra Battat North American Wild set, which also includes a lynx, bear cubs, caribou, snowy owl, and skunk.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: My Small Wolf Figures   My Small Wolf Figures EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 10:00 am

thank you VexVamp! :)
Back to top Go down
TeddyLam

Country/State : Hong Kong

PostSubject: Re: My Small Wolf Figures   My Small Wolf Figures EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 6:44 am

I have them. What is Eco-Dome wolf

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Small Wolf Figures   My Small Wolf Figures EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 9:27 am

TeddyLam wrote:
I have them. What is Eco-Dome wolf

Eco Domes were sets of animal families sold by Wild Republic in transparent dome-shaped boxes.
Here is a picture of the wolf family from Paige's collection.

PostSubject: Re: My Small Wolf Figures   My Small Wolf Figures EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 10:29 am

Thank for Roger to tell me. And you are our good friend and a great master in this sts forum.We feel proud and comfortable because of leading from you. And nobody can replace you

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Small Wolf Figures   My Small Wolf Figures EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 12:21 pm

TeddyLam wrote:
Thank for Roger to tell me. And you are our good friend and a great master in this sts forum.We feel proud and comfortable because of leading from you. And nobody can replace you

Thanks Teddy, those are very kind words from you. Very Happy
Though, I'm just a part of a team trying to turn STS a pleasant and useful place to everyone.

PostSubject: Re: My Small Wolf Figures   My Small Wolf Figures EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 12:52 pm

Eco Domes belong to the brand of Wild Republic. I have the wolf about Wild Republic. So I don't think I will not collect it. Because I will only collect one wolf per one brand

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Small Wolf Figures   My Small Wolf Figures EmptyWed Jan 25, 2023 4:17 pm

Yes but Wild Republic is not a brand with homogeneous figures lik Schleich or CollectA. There's a huge variation in terms of quality, size and manufacturing among Wild Republic figures. Many of them are from distinct manufacturers.

PostSubject: Re: My Small Wolf Figures   My Small Wolf Figures Empty

Back to top Go down

My Small Wolf Figures
Page 1 of 1