Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti

Go down 
+8
jarda
spielgerg
bmathison1972
Shardur
Tupolew Tu-154
pipsxlch
Saarlooswolfhound
A.R.Garcia
12 posters
AuthorMessage
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti Empty
PostSubject: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 6:39 am

Embarassed I hate to post a topic with no pictures, but I noticed Bigfoot and Yeti figures by Mojo for sale in Hobby Lobby, and thought it may be of interest to someone. They were stamped 2019. Like the Safari ltd. interpretations, the Bigfoot appeared more naturalistic and the Yeti more monstrous. I will try to get a picture the next time I am there, unless someone else can provide it.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 7:25 am

Hmm... I'd be very interested in seeing them!

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 11:19 pm

I can try to get to one sometime this upcoming week or weekend. There's one only a few miles away. Now to remember my camera, don't have a smartphone...
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 11:11 pm

Picked up the sasquatch today. Need to think about the yeti... thank you for alerting me to these figures though Andy!
Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti 20191105-141110

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 11:12 pm

I will say though, the face of the yeti looks remarkably similar to the asian influence for this cryptid. The bigfoot, I prefer the safari figure, this one is a little too muscled for my taste. Wink

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 4:22 am

I like these two and want them.

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 6:51 am

Thanks for adding a picture. I'm taking another look now… my first reaction was that the bigfoot looked a little more natural overall than the Safari, but you are right about the muscles- that torso is rather extreme. The yeti does have an eye-catching face, sort of like a mask, that makes for an alternative to the video game-looking Safari version.

Shardur

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 3:21 pm

The Bigfoot has a beautiful face.

And it reminds a little bit of a Wookiee from Star Wars. Like a Star @ heaven Laughing
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 3:56 pm

A.R.Garcia wrote:
Thanks for adding a picture. I'm taking another look now… my first reaction was that the bigfoot looked a little more natural overall than the Safari, but you are right about the muscles- that torso is rather extreme. The yeti does have an eye-catching face, sort of like a mask, that makes for an alternative to the video game-looking Safari version.

how can a fictional creature look more 'natural' compared to one or the other Razz Razz Razz [yes I am being silly here]
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 12:11 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
how can a fictional creature look more 'natural' compared to one or the other Razz Razz Razz [yes I am being silly here]

Wait, you mean you haven't seen a live one?? Wink

spielgerg

Country/State : united states washington state

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 2:59 am

Just picked them up today, I personally like the safari version's more but these guys are pretty cool too!
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 8:43 pm

I think these two figures are ugly and incredibly non-realistic. Mojo bigfoot is rather hairy demon of the fitness room mixed with Star Wars Chewbacca than the wild living being (the Safari Ltd one is far better although their proportions are not correct too). How to make really good figure of such elusive being? See the Kaiyodo "yeti" one from the mysterious creatures set. And the Mojo yeti? The albino one? Why not - simply white is simply cheap! The face remains the mask from asian folklore, the rest of body is like generic poor action figure.
The most interesting question for me is: Do Mojo boys any recherche for make a difference (and two very different figures) between "yeti" and "bigfoot"? Should we expect e.g. Orang-pendek or Hobbit from Flores figures from Mojo next year?
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 8:53 pm

They look quite special scratch
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 2:20 am

jarda wrote:
I think these two figures are ugly and incredibly non-realistic.

Realism in mythology/fantasy creatures? Seriously? Laughing

Where can i buy them?

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 9:50 am

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
jarda wrote:
I think these two figures are ugly and incredibly non-realistic.

Realism in mythology/fantasy creatures? Seriously? Laughing

Where can i buy them?

From my point of view mythology/fantasy creatures are e. g. unicorns or jackalopes. I am interested in cryptozoology a little and I agree with excellent Czech author Jaroslav Mareš that these surviving wild humanoids are closely related to Gigantopithecus.
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 11:25 am

Rolling Eyes

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Mojo Fun: four newbies.   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 2:32 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey, I just thought I'd let you all know that tonight I went to Hobby Lobby, and bought the Mojo Fun Llama Llama Calf, Yeti and Bigfoot. These figures are really nice additions, so in other words, keep up the good work Mojo! Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know the latest news. Also, I visited a museum in my area that sells Papo. I managed to buy the hedgehog and the panda cub sitting (50135 and 50245, if that helps anyone). So now the question is, what will I find next? Well at this point I don't know. But, as usual, I'll keep you all informed as to what I find.

Aschuck

P.S. Does anyone else like the Mojo fun Yeti and Bigfoot? Just wondering, because when I saw them for like the first time, i thought: Well, these will work well in my collection. Anyway, they're great, but I wanted to see what the rest of you think.

P.P.S. Does anyone want or need pictures of the Papo or Mojo Figures I have?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 12:33 pm

aschuck wrote:
Dear Sts Friends:

Hey, I just thought I'd let you all know that tonight I went to Hobby Lobby, and bought the Mojo Fun Llama Llama Calf, Yeti and Bigfoot. These figures are really nice additions, so in other words, keep up the good work Mojo! Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know the latest news. Also, I visited a museum in my area that sells Papo. I managed to buy the hedgehog and the panda cub sitting (50135 and 50245, if that helps anyone). So now the question is, what will I find next? Well at this point I don't know. But, as usual, I'll keep you all informed as to what I find.

Aschuck

P.S. Does anyone else like the Mojo fun Yeti and Bigfoot? Just wondering, because when I saw them for like the first time, i thought: Well, these will work well in my collection. Anyway, they're great, but I wanted to see what the rest of you think.

P.P.S. Does anyone want or need pictures of the Papo or Mojo Figures I have?

Anna, congratulations for your new figures! Reading this topic, the opinions about these fanciful figures are diversified as it often happens. Some like them a lot while a few others don't like them so much.
I personally find them interesting and attractive although I don't collect this kind of stuff. The most important is that you enjoy having them. Llamas are very good although somewhat static. I think, however, that these simple poses help you better having a good perception about the way the animal looks in real. The Papo hedgehog , for instance, is not yet on TAW but I believe one of the ditors will upload it soon. If not, I will ask you for pictures. :)

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti   Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo Bigfoot and Yeti
Page 1 of 1