Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)

Go down 
+3
Roger
widukind
Caracal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) Empty
PostSubject: fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)   fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 1:50 pm

As it exits so few figurines of this species by main brands (only 2!.. whose one, from K&M which does'nt like a fossa at all, and an other one, from Yowie USA, which is good but in a "stocky" pose which does'nt show the gracefully body of these animals, just see on T.A.W.!)), I decided to model a couple with my WePAM paste (see "What is it?", game in this post..)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

..and for size comparison: with african civet from CollectA and ocelot from Papo:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Caracal on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)   fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 4:54 pm

Nice Fossas :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)   fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 10:48 pm

If I had seen this topic before, my comment in your Lemuria could perfectly work here. We need more diversity regarding small sized predators. A fossa is one of the almost orphaned creatures. I could mention several others but this one is too obvious to continue being ignored. I even mentioned the CollectA African civet as a good example and you're using it here to size comparison. The ocelot from Papo is evidently also a good representative. I see more a fossa as a future CollectA release, for Papo I think they will make first a ratel, a wolverine or a Tasmanian devil. Though, Papo 2020 releases are not known yet and it won't take long to be announced.
Your work is wonderful, I think you should make some more like this one to join your family of small predators. cheers

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)   fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 12:03 pm

thank you Andreas and Rogério! :)

Rogério, I would like to make others little predators but the problem is that.. they are small!.. but, maybe, I 'll try to model an european weasel (Mustela nivalis), the smallest member of Carnivora genus!..
Back to top Go down
jhudstone

jhudstone

Country/State : USA/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)   fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 4:33 pm

Love it, one of my favorite species, and you did a great job of representing it.

How long is the figure?
Back to top Go down
littlebear

littlebear

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: animals figurines   fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 4:40 pm

Dear member
My name on STS forum is littlebear.I am a french Canadian from Montreal Canada I will be interrested to buy one copie of your fossa.My E-mail is claude-drolet@videotron.ca.Hoping to hear from you Claude Mery Christmas
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)   fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 7:17 pm

jhudstone wrote:
Love it, one of my favorite species, and you did a great job of representing it.

How long is the figure?

male: body: 6 cm, with tail: 9cm
female: body: 6,5 cm, with tail: 9,5 cm (straith tail!)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)   fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 7:33 pm

littlebear wrote:
Dear member
                My name on STS forum is littlebear.I am a french Canadian from Montreal Canada I will be interrested to buy one copie of your fossa.My E-mail is claude-drolet@videotron.ca.Hoping to hear from you Claude Mery Christmas

dear littlebear and canadian cousin, I don't know how to do copies!.. I just made them because, as explained up, I couldn't get one from a big brand except the Yowie one whose pose doesn' t enjoy me a lot.. I just show them to get reactions and opinions about, from others members but if you see "what is it?" in the same post, I show how to do them with WePAM paste. I post one tuto too.. it's very easy to do, just like in our childhood! :)
Back to top Go down
littlebear

littlebear

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)   fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 11:23 pm

Cher ami
Moi je ne suis pas interrested to make animals figurines.J'aime mieux les acheter.Because at the present time ,I am building
a miniature Zoo.If one day you are interested to sell the couple fossas I am interrested to buy them.Have a nice weekend Littlebear claude
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)   fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 1:22 pm

C'est promis Claude! :)
Back to top Go down
signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)   fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Very good work ! Applause Very Happy . I think you have captured the peculiar forms of this small but fierce predator

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)   fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 5:18 pm

Thank you (lupus?) signatus, I am very happy to receive congrat from you because I admire your creations so much! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
signatus

signatus

PostSubject: Re: fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)   fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 10:58 pm

Caracal wrote:
Thank you (lupus?) signatus, I am very happy to receive congrat from you because I admire your creations so much! Very Happy

Yes caracal, the name signatus comes from the Iberian subspecies of wolf: canis lupus signatus. Thank you very much !, I truly believe that your figure is very well done and painted and I encourage you to continue doing more. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)   fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) EmptyMon Dec 16, 2019 8:55 am

Looks like your fossas are being a full success, mon ami! :) People trying to buy one from overseas (a thing that happened to me only at my 40th homemade figure!), and congratulations from the sculptor that I admire more (that bharal and Spanish ibex made me dream...)!

But now you must hide the lemurs of your collection or the fossas will have a feast Razz

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)   fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) EmptyMon Dec 16, 2019 9:27 am

signatus wrote:
Caracal wrote:

Yes caracal, the name signatus comes from the Iberian subspecies of wolf: canis lupus signatus. Thank you very much !, I truly believe that your figure is very well done and painted and I encourage you to continue doing more. Very Happy

thanks a lot for your warm words Miguel! :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)   fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) EmptyMon Dec 16, 2019 9:32 am

Pardofelis wrote:
Looks like your fossas are being a full success, mon ami! :) People trying to buy one from overseas (a thing that happened to me only at my 40th homemade figure!), and congratulations from the sculptor that I admire more (that bharal and Spanish ibex made me dream...)!

But now you must hide the lemurs of your collection or the fossas will have a feast Razz

..you're right Pardo, I only have 3 lemurs (with a baby) and their quiet live could change now! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)   fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox) Empty

Back to top Go down

fossa (Cryptoprocta ferox)
Page 1 of 1