Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa

Go down 
+4
lucky luke
Roger
widukind
Numa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa Empty
PostSubject: PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa   PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 7:54 pm

Looking on ebay the price of Yowies seems to vary considerably.  Given it was a UK 'invention' it seems to have taken off mostly in Australia and then the USA with very little releases here.  I have never taken Yowies seriously, particularly as the early series were not realistic enough.  However, a recent random search of new releases reveals a better quality sculpt - granted they are small figures in comparison to Schleich/CollectA etc but as long as they are sculpted well I don't mind.

So I did a search on ebay and bought my first Yowie from Australia which arrived in a little envelope after 2 weeks and I am so pleased - not just because it is a pretty good sculpt but the FIRST Fossa in my collection.  I have always wanted this species represented in the toy world and now we have a pretty good one (in my opinion).

This has kick started an interest in some, not all, Yowie figurines so I shall be on the look out for more in future...

Here are some photos of it alongside some other distant relatives of the Mongoose family and of course the Fossa's favourite food - the Lemur!

PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa 20210319-234530
PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa 20210319-234535
PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa 20210319-234544
PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa 20210319-234548
PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa 20210319-234552
PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa 20210319-234603
PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa 20210319-234607
PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa 20210319-234615
PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa 20210319-234633
PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa 20210319-234648
PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa 20210319-234654
PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa 20210319-234657
PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa 20210319-234706
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa   PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 2:15 am

A must have. Congrats

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa   PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 4:59 am

Since I joined the collecting community, I remember fossas having many enthusiasts. To be fair, I don't see why major brands never introduced this animal in their series. I know it is not a famous species and the fact it hunt lemurs may not be particularly exciting but I believe there is market to this animal. I find Yowies USA very interesting models, they often have proportions more comparable with earlier figures of Schleich or Bullyland and their poses often have to adjust to the fact that they are confined to a chocolate egg. I don't have many of these Yowies but there are a good number of them I would love to get because they feature unusual species and the quality is decent enough. I am sure you will find other Yowies USA that will please you.

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa   PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 5:10 am

widukind wrote:
A must have. Congrats

Applause cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa   PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 5:13 am

Such a wonderful model- I never knew Yowies made a Fossa and it certainly is very well-sculpted! cheers cheers Maybe if they keep bringing out animals, and improving them, we'll have a fantastic brand for unusual species! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa   PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 5:15 am

Wonderful new fossa Numaan! As Andreas says it is a must have Applause

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa   PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 7:34 am

Bonnie wrote:
Such a wonderful model- I never knew Yowies made a Fossa and it certainly is very well-sculpted! cheers cheers Maybe if they keep bringing out animals, and improving them, we'll have a fantastic brand for unusual species! Very Happy

That's exactly. It's great for us when collecting the major brands and then smaller brands like this pop up creating species that help 'fill' the species gap in our collections. Like Rogerio says, this is a decent sculpt - I do wish the tail was not curled around, would have been nice to see it extended naturally but a lovely sculpt nonetheless.

I have looked at photos of the Yowies models and there are quite a few sculpts I want.

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa   PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 7:40 am

I have an extra Cape Seahorse & Great Hammerhead if you're interested Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa   PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 8:04 am

Advicot wrote:
I have an extra Cape Seahorse & Great Hammerhead if you're interested Very Happy

Ah that's kind of you - its actually just a handful of models I am interested in and I am talking birds and mammals but thank you!
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa   PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 8:11 am

Ah ok, no problem Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa   PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 8:30 am

Numaan wrote:
Bonnie wrote:

That's exactly.  It's great for us when collecting the major brands and then smaller brands like this pop up creating species that help 'fill' the species gap in our collections.  Like Rogerio says, this is a decent sculpt - I do wish the tail was not curled around, would have been nice to see it extended naturally but a lovely sculpt nonetheless.

I have looked at photos of the Yowies models and there are quite a few sculpts I want.

Exactly! Very Happy Looking forward to seeing your future Yowies! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa   PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 5:24 pm

Sorry that it is off topic, but what species is the other capsule figure besides the raccoon dog? I do not recognize it. Thank you!

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa   PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 6:33 pm

It is a Tushima Island marten (Martes melampus) by Kaiyodo Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa   PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 8:52 pm

Beautiful catch! Congrats on your first.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa   PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa Empty

Back to top Go down

PHOTOS: My First Yowie - Fossa
Page 1 of 1