Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2020 new releases with photos

Go down 
+35
rogerpgvg
costicuba
Lionwoman
Advicot
Simon peyrache
urbnvampslayer
Zelvik
terrorchicken
Caracal
Steve170
PeGe
Farm collector
Pardofelis
Kikimalou
pipsxlch
Ravonium
ze_neto
Ana
Duck-Anch-Amun
widukind
sbell
donny ong
Taos
LukaLeon085
Fossa
AnimalKingdoms
Tyrannotitan1984
Tupolew Tu-154
Roger
Megaptera
black
bmathison1972
spacelab
Saarlooswolfhound
luis correzola
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

Papo 2020 new releases with photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo 2020 new releases with photos   Papo 2020 new releases with photos - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 4:49 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
What a year for bug an arthropodes lovers!
For me, there isn´t so much this year, but it seems Papo will be the winner.

The insects look great, but I fear that they´re to big for me, so that I rather would buy one of the many toobs, even that they aren´t as beautiful.

The golden jackal would be a must-have, but the figurine looks very lazy. The only interesting thing is that Papo gave it a species name, but it looks very poor for me.

The cormorant is very interesting, even that I have one from Kaiyodo. But the Kaiyodo one has this weird face pattern that doesn´t resemble the cormorants that I see nearly daily. Perhaps it is another species? study
When not, I think Papo will replace it.

At last, there is the Hermann´s tortoise, a well-known pet. I´m sure there were already other figurines of this species in toobs or pet ranges. But it seems like Papo is the first big companie to name it so.

Edit: I just saw that Blaine thinks it could be a double-crested cormorant. That would be interesting news!

The cormorant could also be a Phalacrocorax brasilianus (Neotropic cormorant)since it lacks the crests of the double crested cormorant.

For the Hermann's tortoise,I guess Papo used the former Galapagos tortoise mold and only change the colour.

And YES Papo dedicaced 2020 to Blaine cheers
The overall shape of the head is either Great or Double-crested. Too bulky for Neotropic. Nonbreeding Double-cresteds do not have the crests, so that’s still a possibility. The possibilities are either nonbreeding Double-crested or nonbreeding Great.
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

Papo 2020 new releases with photos - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo 2020 new releases with photos   Papo 2020 new releases with photos - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 6:12 pm

The final identification trick for the cormorant is whether the figure has yellow, bare-skinned lores. That is the case, and that would indicate a Double-crested.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Papo 2020 new releases with photos
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6