Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!

Go down 
+11
George
Ana
SUSANNE
Advicot
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
costicuba
Roger
widukind
75senta75
Shanti
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2020 - 2:04

SUSANNE wrote:
Ohhhhhh !!!! I love you drunken

I can`t agree more ! Laughing

These two new models are just heartbreaks.
Thank you very much Shanti for showing them to us :)
I am also waiting them to come to my home , with an order from MPV ... these days ... bounce bounce bounce

Roger I really like to see , that your taste is more open these days Very Happy
In a prehistoric way ....and now in horse way Very Happy
Like you I also like very much the wild way of the mane of the horses ... and this Arabian is just gorgeous, with this pose .
But I have to say, I am really in love with this warmblood horse I love you
So elegant, so beautiful colours ... and like you said, very nice size.

The Arabian is really wonderful ..., but to be honnest, I don`t like so much the sculpting style of the mane and tail . Especiially on the mane.
I like it when is more detailed.
On the original sculpt of Sharif, Brigitte Eberl made the mane a bit more detailed , but on the smaller version doesnt look so pleasant to me.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2020 - 14:31

costicuba wrote:
[
Roger I really like to see , that your taste is more open these days Very Happy
In a prehistoric way ....and now in horse way Very Happy
Like you I also like very much the wild way of the mane of the horses ... and this Arabian is just gorgeous, with this pose .
But I have to say, I am really in love with this warmblood horse I love you
So elegant, so beautiful colours ... and like you said, very nice size.

The Arabian is really wonderful ..., but to be honnest, I don`t like so much the sculpting style of the mane and tail . Especiially on the mane.
I like it when is more detailed.
On the original sculpt of Sharif, Brigitte Eberl made the mane a bit more detailed , but on the smaller version doesnt look so pleasant to me.

I think I understand what you mean, some parts of the mane look like melted wax instead of hairs. I believe WIA works with a rubberish material, somewhat flexible that does not allow a refined detail. On the other hand, resin allows an extreme level of detail and also these resin horses are in traditional scale. It means they are twice as tall, large and wide than these smaller ones. I agree it lacks some detail, current major brands often show more detail in their figures but the general sculpt and design of these WIA models are stunning.
About my taste, I always liked horses and prehistoric animals. However, as I have to narrow my collecting interests, my focus was always wildlife and naturally, prehistoric animal figures are the first being sacrified because of their highest prices. On the other hand, while horses are more affordable, they are a never ending world and you get easily overloaded. What is allowing me to venture back in these two worlds is the fact that I am receiving as gifts most of my core collecting figures and I know you know what I mean. Wink  afro cat cat

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2020 - 18:35

Yes, you got me correct for what I ment about the mane Roger :)
The material of WIA draft horse is very nice , it`s enough hard and with good qality .
And I think for these 2 new horses , they used the same material.
The draft horse also has a better detailed mane , so I think, that for the arabian, this was just a choice of the sculptor to make it like this.
Yes, I also know what you mean about your collecting taste :)
I agree , ''horses are a never ending world'' Laughing
With my new order from MPV , I am waiting ... just ... 13 new horse models Laughing lol!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Oct 2020 - 10:31

Yes ! We can also look at it as if it is an artistic experiment, - I sort of like the mane and tail Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Oct 2020 - 11:50

costicuba wrote:
Yes, you got me correct for what I ment about the mane Roger :)
The material of WIA draft horse is very nice , it`s enough hard and with good qality .
And I think for these 2 new horses , they used the same material.
The draft horse also has a better detailed mane , so I think, that for the arabian, this was just a choice of the sculptor to make it like this.
Yes, I also know what you mean about your collecting taste :)
I agree , ''horses are a never ending world'' Laughing
With my new order from MPV , I am waiting ... just ... 13 new horse models Laughing lol!

Oh Shocked that's almost as many as I have inn my collection. Laughing It also shows you're not a superstitious guy. Wink
I hope you will have the chance to show them to us, I am not collecting them actively but I have a kind of wish list to sort things if I ever do.
I am really liking these WIA horses, even the way they are sorting things, first a cold blood, then a hot blooded horse and third a warmblood. At least there is some temperatures diversity. Laughing What's next? A pony like a Fjord or a small horse like an ICey? bounce

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Oct 2020 - 15:48

Roger wrote:
...... What's next? A pony like a Fjord or a small horse like an ICey? bounce

Yes ! Yes ! Yessssss cheers Applause

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Oct 2020 - 18:30

Haha, yes, I am definitely not a superstitious guy Laughing And a big fan of the song of Stevie Wonder - Superstition Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:
...... What's next? A pony like a Fjord or a small horse like an ICey? bounce

Yes ! Yes ! Yessssss cheers Applause

great idea cheers

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2021 - 8:34

Great models and photos, Shanti! Thanks for sharing! Very Happy I think that the warmblood is my favorite from the 3. Are you going to repaint any of them? Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2021 - 9:09

Revisiting this topic I notice that we don't have a page on TAW for WIA brand yet. These magnificent horses were also ignored for the horse figure of the year contest. Let's see if I can gather enough information and pictures to open a page on TAW and give a new voice to these beautiful models.

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2021 - 9:43

Yes, it's a pity about them not being listed for the horse figure of the year. I would have voted for the warmblood. But maybe if they have any new models in 2021 they will not be forgotten next time Smile
As for getting more info about the brand, perhaps contacting MPV store would help? Aren't they the only ones selling WIA models?

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2021 - 11:55

Ana wrote:
Yes, it's a pity about them not being listed for the horse figure of the year. I would have voted for the warmblood. But maybe if they have any new models in 2021 they will not be forgotten next time Smile
As for getting more info about the brand, perhaps contacting MPV store would help? Aren't they the only ones selling WIA models?

I opened a simple page for WIA at the Toy Animal Wiki that can be found here! study
I also grouped the few WIA topics on forum on REBOR section and renamed it to REBOR - WIA because Rebor is the company that produces WIA models. WIA is just a brand. Now I will see which pictures I can use on TAW page.
MiniZoo also sells WIA but it seems there is a close connection between the brand and modelpferdversand, the 2016 special edition of Bella Rose is a MPV exclusive.
I think the last WIA are last 2020 trimester releases, if I confirm it, they can be introduced as 2021 releases and participate next time. If they are lissted on 2021 Horses topic they won't get forgoten.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2021 - 19:15

Ana wrote:
Yes, it's a pity about them not being listed for the horse figure of the year. ....

You are so right , - I am sure they would have got lots of votes Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Mar 2021 - 12:11

I don't know if anyone mentioned before but now Sharif is available in grey.

WIA Brigitte Eberl Edition Sharif Grey

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Apr 2021 - 13:49

I'm a big fan of these WIA horses, impeccable sculpting and well-painted realistic colours, and unbelievably they sell for around the same price as a CollectA or Schleich model, they're superb value and the only down side is how few there's been so far! Would you like to see some more in-hand collector photos?

This is Gustav the draft horse

Then just last week I got the warmblood, Lancelot

And the arabian, Sharif

Finally, a bonus picture...

I'd bought the 'spare' arabian to repaint, but when they turned out to be such different colours I didn't have the heart to paint over either of them and have kept both. But this does illustrate how much the paintwork can vary from one horse to another, and because there's no way to hand-pick these in shops or on trade stands, there's no telling whether you'll get a light one or a dark one. I'm just lucky that I got one of each and didn't have my heart set on a certain variation beforehand!

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Apr 2021 - 14:04

So beautiful pictures George! cheers
I also love a lot these WIa horses and I only know them from pictures. When possible, I will also want to have the chance of having one of these wonderful models in my collection.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Apr 2021 - 22:22

Beautiful once again, you have a spectacular horse collection! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2022 - 1:39

Sharif the Arab stud is now a Breyer Stablemate? I had a couple pop up in my eBay feed.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2022 - 10:49

That's an odd one, and I think the first time a sculpt has ever been released in three different materials! And if a collector really wanted to, they'd be able to have four different sized Sharifs on the shelf Laughing

He existed first as a resin, at large Traditional scale : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Then a slightly smaller one, to bring him into synch with other breeds done at true Traditional scale : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I see there's also a Mini one listed on Equine Resin Directory : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The WIA plastic edition came after the artist resins, and it wasn't too surprising to see him being used, as Brigitte Eberl had already collaborated with the brand using another of her resin sculpts converted to plastic - Gustav was the first, Lancelot and Vincenzo have been adapted that way too.

But I was very surprised to see the sculpt went on to be licensed to Breyer as well! The same artist has sculpted for Breyer in the past, but always original work done as a commission for the company (many are a portrait of a famous real horse), never by re-issuing one of her existing resins, let alone one which is already out there in plastic for a different brand.
It'll be nice to have little Stablemates of him, once the mould gets down to being sold as more attainable/affordable regular runs, but it is a bit of a weird choice from Breyer to choose that particular Eberl Arabian to shrink down and add to their range, when they could've picked one of her others! Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2022 - 11:32

The only thing I know about this mould is that it is a magnificent model and it is good to see it available at different scales. I'm glad WIA decided to go for it providing it at a popular size. I love my black Arabian so much. Very Happy

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2022 - 18:10

Very beauriful models and pictures! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2022 - 21:27

The WIA horses are indeed stunning. Striking how different the colours of Sharif are. You are lucky to get him in two very different colours. Who knows what a third one will look like? I am looking forward to seeing him as a regular run Stablemate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!   New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Brand WIA / Brigitte Eberl... updated with Arabian and Warmblood Horses!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2