Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida Empty
PostSubject: Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida   Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 1:45 am

It was my mother's birthday today, as she is unable to drive and I had the day off I told her we could go wherever she wished. She wanted to go to the Dinosaur Store in Cocoa Beach, FL, about an hour from home. It has opened a small display/museum since we last went about a year ago.  What an enjoyable day! Although I'm sure it doesn't compare to the big museums many of you may have been to, it was inexpensive and really great to someone like me who hasn't had a chance to visit a 'real' natural history museum. Sorry I don't have a smartphone and didn't think to bring a camera as I didn't know her plan. I hope to go back soon and will take pics to add here if so. But if any of you are visiting the Orlando or Cape Canaveral areas, I heartily recommend spending some time in the Dinosaur Store. They started off cleaning fossils and making casts for other places, and sell casts (and some real ones too) in the store. They also have some figures, off brand, Safari and Papo(!!), the first time I've seen them being sold. For a late Christmas gift, my mother bought me a few figures. The Papos, they're beautiful! I also got the Safari coelacanth I've been wanting.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
P.s. fun looking for the toy models taking part in displays, the Safari jellyfish was prominent...

Last edited by pipsxlch on Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida   Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 2:01 am

oh those marine invertebrates are fantastic!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida   Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 2:08 am

They're not expensive, whenever I get back I can pick up a card for you. Without having opened mine yet, looks like the 2 invertebrates would display fine on a shelf. The ichthyosaur has a side shaved off. They're made by Geoworld.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida   Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 3:03 am

pipsxlch wrote:
They're not expensive, whenever I get back I can pick up a card for you. Without having opened mine yet, looks like the 2 invertebrates would display fine on a shelf. The ichthyosaur has a side shaved off. They're made by Geoworld.

thanks! The sea urchin alone is worth it!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida   Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 3:30 am

I suppose I can sell you these if you want, I hope to get back soon and they had plenty. After tax it was $6.41.

For those who don't mind plushies, they had a boxed set of small Giant Microbes that was Paleozoic critters. Though I'm not a plush collector, I'd like to get the funny things. They'd look good on my Christmas tree.
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida   Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 3:58 pm

Wow, I'd also love a set of those magnets. I didn't know GeoWorld was making new products again.

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida   Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 4:06 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
I suppose I can sell you these if you want, I hope to get back soon and they had plenty. After tax it was $6.41.

For those who don't mind plushies, they had a boxed set of small Giant Microbes that was Paleozoic critters. Though I'm not a plush collector, I'd like to get the funny things. They'd look good on my Christmas tree.

I can either buy the urchin or you can get me a set next time; I wouldn't mind the ammonite too (just the urchin is the big ticket item for me). Whatever you prefer. We can discuss details via PM :). Thanks a ton!
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida   Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 2:30 am

halichoeres wrote:
Wow, I'd also love a set of those magnets. I didn't know GeoWorld was making new products again.

I've snooped around, I don't think this is the 'Geoworld' we have come to know. This is from Geoworld Group, which came out of Geolinea, an Italian store.

EDIT: Oops, I have snooped around more and yes this is the same Geoworld. Looks like they have just changed their focus a little.
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida   Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 4:32 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
halichoeres wrote:

I've snooped around, I don't think this is the 'Geoworld' we have come to know. This is from Geoworld Group, which came out of Geolinea, an Italian store.

EDIT:  Oops, I have snooped around more and yes this is the same Geoworld. Looks like they have just changed their focus a little.

Well I prefer this focus to their incredibly ugly dinosaurs, I have to say!
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida   Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 9:23 pm

In case anybody's interested, I reviewed these for the Dinosaur Toy Blog a while back: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Many thanks again to pipsxlch!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida   Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 9:29 am

That must have been a wonderful day for you both !!! cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida   Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida Empty

Back to top Go down

Dinosaur Store/Museum in Cocoa Beach Florida
Page 1 of 1