Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gwaine's Schleich Review

Go down 
+10
Rakel
Roger
Farm collector
Bonnie
Advicot
pipsxlch
spacelab
RtasVadumee
SUSANNE
Megaptera
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 1:13 pm

82923 Limited Edition Lipizzaner Foal
Folara

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is Schleich's Lipizzaner foal. It is the very first Horse Club Magazine Limited Edition, published by Blue Ocean. It was first published in 2014 and discontinued in 2018. This figure is a recoloured version of 13738, which was also used for the Bayala Magazine foal Rubina.
This foal was found on ebay. I am not quite sure around what time I did, but I sure remember that I had to find them all. I did find this one quite early, though, when the Horseclub magazine had only just started out.

+ Charming colours
+ Cute forehead mark
+ Good anatomy

- Demon Eyes
- Those braids are horrendous
- Has a slight overbite, haha

Overall Opinion: She is quite neat. She has that young foal look about her, but the braids take away from that innocence. She is a nice little thing, but not a very special one.
This figure stands on my limited edition shelf, which is getting rather crowded, haha.

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm

Last edited by Gwaine on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 7:25 pm

14454 Goat Kid with Bell
Kleine Hazelaar

This figure is a Goat Kid. It is part of the Baby Animal collection. This collection lasted only one years. This meant that this figure was debuted in 2004 and retired in 2005. This is a very short run time, which means they were either specials of very unpopular, which would have been a pity. This specific figure was made in Germany.
I can't quite remember where I found this one, but I believe it was ebay.

+ Anatomically quite sound
+ Colours are well done
+ That bell is such a nice touch

- Dang those ears are huge
- Demon Eyes
- What's up with that short runtime?

Overall Opinion: Such a sweet kid, eh? It is a nice and very appealing model. Not too detailed and with the older type of fur texture. This figure is very charming and it is a shame that it only got such a short time in the collection. I wonder why that is.
He is in storage right now, but I hope I can soon display him again.

~
~

Last edited by Gwaine on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 8:35 pm

I see that you put a lot of passion in these reviews and I think it is a shame you don't get more comments here and on your other topic "A Drunk Knight's Collection".

You seem to have a very large and eclectic collection and that's nice to see that there are still Schleich lovers on this forum (I feel like people tend to prefer other brands here).

I only collect wildlife so I only have the baby Indian rhino, the eagle ray and the grey wolf but I enjoyed reading your reviews about them. Keep it up, you are doing a good job here !

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 10:09 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
I see that you put a lot of passion in these reviews and I think it is a shame you don't get more comments here and on your other topic "A Drunk Knight's Collection".

You seem to have a very large and eclectic collection and that's nice to see that there are still Schleich lovers on this forum (I feel like people tend to prefer other brands here).

I only collect wildlife so I only have the baby Indian rhino, the eagle ray and the grey wolf but I enjoyed reading your reviews about them. Keep it up, you are doing a good job here !

Thank you so much.
I am glad someone reads my drivel, hahaha. I do my best x3.

~
~

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 5:03 pm

I enjoy them too. I don't think it's a matter of comments. Especially the "Gwaine's Writings" topic is unique and dreamy.
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 9:04 pm

spacelab wrote:
I enjoy them too. I don't think it's a matter of comments. Especially the "Gwaine's Writings" topic is unique and dreamy.

Oh thank you so much I love you I love you

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 9:32 pm

14633 Peregrine Flacon
Grijsvalk

This is the Schleich Peregrine Falcon. It is the only figure of that species in the collection. This figure debuted in 2012 and retired in 2015. Unfortunately a short run time for such a nicely made figure. This specific figure was made in China.
I found this figure on ebay, after I had decided it did appeal to me after all. And in the end it turned out to be one of my favourite bird figures.

+ Very well done paintjob
+ Great sculpt
+ Stabilising with a tree stump was a good idea

- Demon eyes
- Very long nails
- Sinfully short runtime

Overall Opinion: What a great figure! So well sculpted and so well painted. What a shame we don't see this type of artistry from Schleich anymore. This is a magnificent piece. The posture is fantastic and I love it. I just love it.
I currently have him proudly on display and I cherish him!

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:01 pm

13210-1 Arabian Gelding
Kholi Saab

This is the second Arabian Gelding in the schleich collection, marketed as White Horse or Darley Arabian Horse. It is on the same mold as the Brown Horse - Godolphin Arab Horse (13204). This figure debuted in 1988 and retired in 1995. However, it had two different versions. This figure is the 1992 to 1995 version, the 1988 - 1991 was more spotted. This specific figure was made in Portugal.
I found this figure on ebay. No big journey, just found it for a reasonable price.

+ A relic, but a good relic
+ Cute tiny feathering
+ Nice colour gradient

- Tiny eyes
- Strange genital blob
- Texture is meh

Overall Opinion: This is a very old figure, from before Schleich really gained that charm. It is an old timer, though and I will not knock knock it for that. It is anatomically okay, but does not yet have the life Schleich blew into their figures at their high tide.
He is a wee loved on, but he is second hand, so I am not hating. He is currently in storage, but might soon again grace the shelves.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 4:06 pm

13215 Pony
Gimli

This figure is schleich's very first pony. This pony is not breed specific. It was debuted in 1990 and retired in 1997. This is quite a neat runtime. It is not known in which country this specific figure was manufactured, as all the information has been scraped off of his belly.
I genuinely do not remember where I found him, Marktplaats or Ebay, probably.

+ He is quite large
+ So scruffy
+ What a chonker

- Texture is strange
- Ears are a bit weird
- Dopey eyes

Overall Opinion: In this figure, you can see Schleich's charm come in. He is not as alive as some in the future, but you can already see that spark. He is anatomically quite sound and he is rather charming.
He is very loved on and the information has been scraped off of his belly. He is in storage at the moment, but I hope he may soon grace the shelves again.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 12:29 am

13221 Arab Mare
Chandra

This is Schleich's first Arabian Mare. She was debuted in 1992 (just like me) and was retired in 2000. That is a very decent running time. The particular figure I own was made in Germany.
I found this figure on ebay. There is no further story behind this gain.

+ The pose is very nice
+ That High Held tail!!!
+ Headshape is very breed comforming

- No fur structure
- Very uniform in colour
- Eyes are just ridges on the face

Overall Opinion: The model is a very good pointer of everything Schleich got right in their early days without showing much of what they needed to improve. Yes, there are things Schleich improved on between this model and their high time, but this one has few major flaws. I quite like her and she is of the better early Schleich models. I am happy to have her, even though she is in storage at the moment.

~
~

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 2:35 am

I had not seen the peregrine before, lovely model! I agree it's a shame such a short run time. That pony is cute too.
Thanks for showing them!
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 10:11 am

Kelly, I have an extra peregrine, would you like it?

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 9:18 pm

If someone else has claimed it, they can have it. But if not, yes I would be thank you!
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 9:59 pm

Nope nobody has shown interest except you, so it's going to you

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 4:05 pm

70201 Unicorn
Terrane

This is Schleich's very first Unicorn model. It is Schleich's first mythical equine, followed closely by their first Pegasus. But it is not Schleich's very first mythical animal, the honour of which goes to the Green Dragon. This model was debuted in 2005 and retired in 2009. This is an average runtime for Schleich models. It was retired in favour of the new look Bayala brought to the mythical equines. The model in my collection is made in China
I cannot quite remember if I found this one separate or in a group, but I most certainly found her on ebay.

+ Very pleasant colours
+ Nice Posture
+ Good Anatomy

- Clunky feathering
- The horn is very chunky
- Demon eyes!

Overall Opinion: The beginning of what is now arguably Schleich's best line. She is only the start of a leap into an amazing fantasy world and you can see it. She is like a blossom only about to open. You can see the promise of greatness, but it is not quite there yet. She is pretty, but not quite there yet.
She is not yet as out there as some of the current models are and one hand her simplicity is a charm and on the other hand she has something slightly lackluster, in comparison to the current line up.
I like her, but not something special.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 4:30 pm

A wonderful model! I love the older models from Schleich, and like this one they just seem so high quality! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 11:06 pm

14225 Otter
Other

This is Schleich's first Otter. It was debuted in 1995 and was retired in 2001. This is a respectable run time. The particular model in my collection was made in Germany.
This model has no specific story behind it. I can't even recall if I found him on ebay or here on the forum.

+ The sculpt is very nice
+ He's got some texture to him
+ No Demon eyes!

- The paintjob is a bit lackluster
- Little contouring in the pose
- A bit simple in look

Overall Opinion: A charming model with it's flaws. This one comes just before the true beauty had it's glory days in the forest animal range of schleich, but it is most certainly blossoming under the surface with this one. This one is very sweet though and I have a weak spot for the stepping stones to Schleich's high tide.
My personal model is a bit worn, but that is because he has been owned before. He is now in storage, but once I build my new shelvings, he will be given a nice lil place.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 11:25 pm

Lovely model, so rare and so sweet! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 8:11 am

I adore those oldies drunken

The otter is special to me !
Back before I knew Ebay, I was searching for it for a long time, and then suddenly I found one on a Danish net-site and was ever so happy !!! Laughing

Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 1:14 pm

cheers cheers Applause

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 11:46 pm

13109 Arab Colt
Zayn

This figure is an Arabian Foal. Although it is not Schleich's first foal, it is schleich's first foal with an assigned breed. This figure was debuted in 1993 and retired in 2003. This is very long runtime, which means this model was very successful. The figure in my collection was made in Germany.
I can't remember where I got this little fella. Either on Marktplaats or Ebay. I don't recall.

+ His head is so adorable
+ Cute Pose
+ So absolutely cuuute!!!

- Uniform Colour
- Demon eyes
- No texture

Overall Opinion: This lil guy is so goshdarn cute. He is one of my favourites of the earlier Schleich foals. He has a charm that we don't really see from the earlier line. He is just so darling and his sculpting is just so beautiful. I cherish this little guy so much. You can just feel Schleich's love in it, the by gone glory of the dedication they used to have to their figures.
Currently this boy is in storage, wrapped up carefully until he can shine on a very special spot!

~
~

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 12:41 pm

He really is wonderful, I can see Schleich's dedication to this lovely foal! cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 9:47 pm

70202 Pegasus
Skye

This is schleich's first Pegasus. He is first of many of schleich's beautiful winged equines, but only the second of Schleich's mythical equines. He was debuted in 2005 and retired in 2009. He was replaced by a figure of the same mold but new painting, in the bayala range rather than in World if History.
The figure in my collection was made in China. I might have found him on ebay or on Marktplaats, I am not quite sure of it.

+ A very nice pose
+ Modest colours
+ A sweet gloss over the coat

- Tiny demon eyes
- Slightly odd texture
- Paint does not cover all of the mane

Overall Opinion: This is not at all a bad figure. It has flue true flaws, the colours are in good balance and the pose is very effective. Yet it misses the OOMPH that the current Bayala range shows in some models. It is magic, but not the type of magic I am looking for.
At the moment, he is in storage, along with most of other older pegasi. He will be reinstated once my shelves are made.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 8:13 pm

14130 Young Rhinoceros
Dominic

This is Schleich's first Rhinoceros Calf. He is not the very first rhino, but the first baby and the absolute cutest. This figure was debuted in 1996 and retired in 2005. With a runtime of 9 years, this must have been a very popular figure. He was not replaced after being retired, which is an absolute pity. A new version has been brought out in a set of the modern wild life range.
This figure was actually a forum find and I am honestly so grateful for him still.

+ The absolute cute babyness of this thing!!!
+ Those tosiewosies
+ The 'amouring' looks so nice

- Strange indented eyes
- Snout looks a wee frumpy
- Colouring is flat

Overall Opinion: This figure is definitely not a high note in Schleich's repertoire, but he is just too precious to not love. This is a figure that just makes me uncannily happy. I love him and despite the glaring flaws, he also has some wonderful points. I will never not this tiny little tank.
Currently he is in storage, but as soon as I have shelving space, he will be reinstated to a spotlight space ^^.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 9:34 pm

13225 Chestnut Mare
Ginevera

This figure is schleich's Chestnut mare. She is not breed specified. She was debuted in 1994 and retired in 2001, which is a reasonable run time. The figure in my collection was made in Germany.
This model has no story and no special find. I think I simply bought her via ebay. No fuss over this one.

+ Vibrant colours
+ High worn tail
+ Muscle curves

- Horrendous ankles
- Odd Face
- Those Eyes!

Overall Opinion: This is not a good model. She falls between Schleich's classic times and Schleich's high tide and just got smashed between the ship and warf. She is not ugly or bad, but she is just not a good model. Wonky and a little off putting. Yes, Schleich has had worse, but this one is just... off key.
She is in storage and will be reinstated when my shelves stand.

~
~

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gwaine's Schleich Review   Gwaine's Schleich Review - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gwaine's Schleich Review
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next