Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround

Go down 
+2
widukind
VexVamp
6 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround   Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 4:45 am

It's always great to find figures of less represented species. I'm not going to lie, a big part of the reason I picked this one up is because I love the look of the wings. Ospreys have this very interesting wing shape, and it was cool to find a figure which accurately captured that.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by VexVamp on Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround   Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 8:28 am

I like that Serie of wonderful birds

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround   Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 10:11 am

well, I love flying birds replicas but don't like a lot the "displaying pilar". According to me, a "mobile way of display" would be better..

thanks for sharing and beautiful pictures! cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround   Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 12:37 am

That's a wonderful figure with a fantastic work concerning the wings profile and all other details. To wish series does that osprey belong?

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround   Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:37 am

widukind wrote:
I like that Serie of wonderful birds

It is a very well-made series, and great reference for artists and bird lovers.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround   Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:38 am

Caracal wrote:
well, I love flying birds replicas but don't like a lot the "displaying pilar". According to me, a "mobile way of display" would be better..

Kaiyodo doesn't typically use the plastic stands, but for a pose like this I don't think there's any way around it.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround   Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 7:42 am

Roger wrote:
That's a wonderful figure with a fantastic work concerning the wings profile and all other details. To wish series does that osprey belong?

I don't know the exact name, I've just seen it called Choco egg bird series. This is what the full set looks like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround   Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 1:11 pm

VexVamp wrote:
Caracal wrote:

Kaiyodo doesn't typically use the plastic stands, but for a pose like this I don't think there's any way around it.

Not that it matters too much, but these flying birds are by Furuta, not Kaiyodo (the two partnered together sometimes but I think this set is Furuta without Kaiyodo)

VexVamp wrote:
Roger wrote:

I don't know the exact name, I've just seen it called Choco egg bird series. This is what the full set looks like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the complete set: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

there is another secret figure not shown here, a northern goshawk posed on a branch. I see the eBay link has the goshawk but my link doesn't (mine hs a peacock) - they may have been different releases of the set.

Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround   Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 3:21 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
VexVamp wrote:
Caracal wrote:

Not that it matters too much, but these flying birds are by Furuta, not Kaiyodo (the two partnered together sometimes but I think this set is Furuta without Kaiyodo)

VexVamp wrote:
Roger wrote:

Here is the complete set: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

there is another secret figure not shown here, a northern goshawk posed on a branch. I see the eBay link has the goshawk but my link doesn't (mine hs a peacock) - they may have been different releases of the set.

Oh, for some reason I thought Kaiyodo made all the figures for Furuta. Similar to how AAA makes a lot of figures for several different companies. That's interesting.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround   Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 4:15 pm

VexVamp wrote:

Oh, for some reason I thought Kaiyodo made all the figures for Furuta. Similar to how AAA makes a lot of figures for several different companies. That's interesting.

They collaborated a lot, but Furuta did some on their own, including these birds, the Chocoegg Funny Animal Series, and a couple of the Pets Series.
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround   Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 6:34 pm

As the goshawk as secret figure is not rare figure, the peacock is quite rare one...
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround   Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 6:57 pm

jarda wrote:
As the goshawk as secret figure is not rare figure, the peacock is quite rare one...

I tend to agree. I bought mine on eBay and have seen it still since. Also it was not more expensive than other similar gashapons.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround   Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 4:19 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
VexVamp wrote:

They collaborated a lot, but Furuta did some on their own, including these birds, the Chocoegg Funny Animal Series, and a couple of the Pets Series.

Oh, that's interesting! I better edit the name on the walkaround then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround   Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Furuta Choco Egg Flying Osprey Walkaround
Page 1 of 1