Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA

Go down 
+5
Advicot
Roger
Pardofelis
Steve170
RtasVadumee
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 11:39 am

Ok, there has been a bug because I did not answer my own post...

Indeed, I am not interested in the beaver since I already have both made by Schleich forming a lovely pair.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 12:01 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
Ok, there has been a bug because I did not answer my own post...

Indeed, I am not interested in the beaver since I already have both made by Schleich forming a lovely pair.

Yes, but I think this topic may be useful also for other collectors interested in Mojö Fun figure sizes. I even moved this topic to the comparisons section of the forum.

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 12:13 pm

No problem, that's always interesting !

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 7:23 pm

Can someone post a pic of what the following figures look like next to each other. Thanks a bunch.

New Safari warthog and Schleich female warthog
Safari sand tiger shark and Schleich tiger shark 2016
Mojo grey seal and Schleich grey seal
Safari Przwalski and CollectA Przwalski
Mojo snowy owl and Schleich snowy owl
New Schleich dromedary and old Schleich dromedary 2006

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 7:35 pm

Advicot wrote:

I'm also interested in this one.

Advicot wrote:

I never really agreed with the Toy Animal Wiki tagging Schleich 2013 seal [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as "grey seal"... To me, it is just a grey-coloured harbor seal. The head doesn't match a grey seal. To the contrary, the Mojo one is a true grey seal.

Advicot wrote:

I'll do this one as soon as my favourite shop receives the new dromedary, you can count on me.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 7:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 7:56 pm

Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 7:58 pm

Please notice the lynx have swapped positions for each picture. They never listen to me.

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 8:03 pm

Thanks Steve, for these new pictures. Three more figures for me to buy cheers

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 8:27 pm

No problem, ha yes I think most wishlists here are quite long!

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 8:29 pm

Advicot wrote:
Can someone post a pic of what the following figures look like next to each other. Thanks a bunch.

New Safari warthog and Schleich female warthog
Safari Przwalski and CollectA Przwalski
Mojo snowy owl and Schleich snowy owl

In this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you can find topics for comparisons of other brands. Please remember this topic is for Mojö Fun figures.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 8:46 pm

Roger wrote:
RtasVadumee wrote:
I would also like to see Mojo tamandua next to Schleich giant anteater if someone has them in his/her collection.

I have the Schleich giant anteater but it went on holidays with the CollectA jackal, I believe the Schleich armadillo works as well.

Schleich nine-banded armadillo and Mojö Fun Southern tamandua

After seeing this post this morning, i did a quick eBay search and found the Schleich armadillo here in the US!!! FINALLY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2020 11:54 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
Advicot wrote:

I never really agreed with the Toy Animal Wiki tagging Schleich 2013 seal [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as "grey seal"... To me, it is just a grey-coloured harbor seal. The head doesn't match a grey seal. To the contrary, the Mojo one is a true grey seal.

"Harbour seal pups are born already having moulted their grey foetal coat, so they have a smooth pelt that is much like the adult."
Source: Norsk Polar Institutt

"Grey seal pups weigh about 14kg at birth and have soft white fur."
Source: The Mammals Society

It was my personal decision to move it from Harbour to grey seal. I am not sure if Schleich marketed it to the species level but it was listed originally as a harbour seal.
Though, while listing the pu, something went wrong.
Well, the Schleich Emperor penguin chicks were originally adopted by a kind penguin. Why not a Schleich grey seal pup adopted by a harbour seal?
Besides that, the adulte is supposedly a female. So, it doesn't have the roman nose of the grey seal males what turn it really hard to determine what it is. It has, however, a silver base with dark spots, that we can find in both species, namely in grey seal females.
In any case, if you have good evidences to show me that it is a harbour seal, I am obviously open to move it back to the harbour seal page.

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 8:48 am

Yes, RtasVadumeee, it's extremely obvious that is a harbour seal and not a grey seal, I already said this several times since I saw this error in TAI, just after buying mine for customizing into a ribbon seal. The head shape is completely wrong for a grey seal, even for a female.

After so many years of keeping this error, now I finally see the reason for putting it in the grey seal page in TAI: because of its pup! So it's a harbour seal accompanyed by a grey seal pup... or other seals with white furry pups, such as the harp seal...

P. D. I was unaware of the existence of the Mojo grey seal. Agree in that this is a true grey seal, with the correct head shape, but it's a female. Males would have even much more straight and long face.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 10:08 am

Couldn't it be a spotted seal like the Papo and CollectA ones ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 2:05 pm

*hold my beer, walks to the Bear Army Barracks*

I will have a look for those bears tonight when i get home.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 2:21 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
I imagine a development-meeting at Schleich :

Designers and marketing people an perhaps a poor production manger .  queen  king  clown  Suspect  Surprised  king  scratch  confused  bounce  queen  bom

The designers present several models/drawings of different seals, and the marketing people point out the cutest ones..Perhaps the production guy has an objection to a difficulty in a detail, and then another model is pointed out.

Perhaps the designers say : "But they are not the same breed"  Shocked and then the Marketing Manager ( king ) says : "Who cares ! Put some spots on the big one or whatever, - the white pup is the one "they" ( us, consumers ) will like !!!!! Twisted Evil

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 2:29 pm

Ahah, you may not be that far from reality Susanne ! Very Happy

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 2:53 pm

I think Susanne is gettings thing completely right. There's no scientific approach in Schleich product development. figures are made to look cute or at least very appealing. That may explain why collectors like me, Christophe, Pardo or even Blaine, do not favour often Schleich figures when choosing a certain species. Obviously there isn't anything wrong when someone choose according with cutenesss or things like that but that is not what I particularly search in a figure.
There is no doubts the Schleich seal is a figure more beautiful than the Mojö grey seal. I told once that this seal is the cutest of ever, it has a very sweet face with lovely expression. The fact is that I have the Mojö figure in my collection and not the Schleich.
Despite being quite off topic, I agree the adulte Schleich seal have the features of a harbour seal, namely the head profile with a short nose and the nostrils with the triangular configuration. I can move it back to harbour seal page at the wiki but what I do with the pup?
I will, meanwhile, study the spotted seal suggestion.

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 4:49 pm

Roger wrote:
I can move it back to harbour seal page at the wiki but what I do with the pup?

This pup is a gray seal orphan raised by harbour seals. As a matter of fact, the 2013 Schleich catalogue has a text next to this seal pup saying "the nursing station is full of orphan seal pups..." Coincidence? Twisted Evil tongue
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 5:30 pm

spacelab wrote:
Roger wrote:
I can move it back to harbour seal page at the wiki but what I do with the pup?

This pup is a gray seal orphan raised by harbour seals.  As a matter of fact, the 2013 Schleich catalogue has a text next to this seal pup saying "the nursing station is full of orphan seal pups..."    Coincidence?  Twisted Evil tongue

lol! lol!

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 5:41 pm

I have emailed Schleich with our query and I'll post as soon as I get an answer. Smile

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 8:38 pm

Roger wrote:
I think Susanne is gettings thing completely right. There's no scientific approach in Schleich product development. figures are made to look cute or at least very appealing. That may explain why collectors like me, Christophe, Pardo or even Blaine, do not favour often Schleich figures when choosing a certain species. Obviously there isn't anything wrong when someone choose according with cutenesss or things like that but that is not what I particularly search in a figure.
There is no doubts the Schleich seal is a figure more beautiful than the Mojö grey seal. I told once that this seal is the cutest of ever, it has a very sweet face with lovely expression. The fact is that I have the Mojö figure in my collection and not the Schleich.
Despite being quite off topic, I agree the adulte Schleich seal have the features of a harbour seal, namely the head profile with a short nose and the nostrils with the triangular configuration. I can move it back to harbour seal page at the wiki but what I do with the pup?
I will, meanwhile, study the spotted seal suggestion.

I have noticed long before joining, that there was quite a lot of Schleich bashing on this forum and I have to disagree, at least partially, with you charging Schleich with cuteness.

Yes, some Schleich figures are clearly made to look cute but, in my opinion, it does not represent the majority of Schleich models.

Is the 2014 Schleich American bison really cuter than the Papo or CollectA one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ? Is the 2017 gorilla male cuter than others from other brands [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ? And if I choose a baby animal as an example : does the 2010 warthog piglet (which should be cute since it's a baby) really embodies cuteness [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ? No it doesn't, it is rather ugly as a warthog piglet should be.
Let's take a cute and widely beloved animal now : the giant panda. It is the perfect figure to appeal to children. However, Schleich last giant pandas just look very realistic and not especially "cute" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I could give you many more examples to show you that all Schleich figures are not all made to look cute like some already said on this forum. I'm not talking about you Roger, but I remember someone saying that Schleich was just for kids while Papo was for "serious animal collectors" on the Schleich vs Papo debate topic. It is like if I said Papo was garbage because some Papo figures are awfully painted (and a few of them really are) : that's over-exaggeration.

And that's my point : I think some of you tend to generalise about Schleich presumed cuteness. What is not exaggerated however, is to say that Schleich figures are very often if not always stylised. And here Roger, you make a point by saying that Schleich models are made to look very appealing. Yes, they are obviously made to be better-looking than the animals they represent. There is often quite a lot of majesty coming from them and that's what I like so much about Schleich. In some cases, Schleich's sylisation of their figure tend to make them look cartoonish but in most cases, it just makes them look very "classy". And majesty does not always prevent a figure from being realistic or scientifically accurate. For example, I have nothing to complain about Schleich last moose bull [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or Schleich 2009 giraffe male eating and giraffe female drinking [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] while those three models have been clearly made to look very aesthetic. They are both very beautiful and realistic.

Designing animal figures is an art and Schleich clearly has an artistic touch that is recognisable through its models. But this particular touch does not prevent most of its figures to look accurate. Some Schleich animals are ridiculously cute, but I think these failures should not hide all the great work Schleich has made on many species. Papo also has an artistic touch and also stylise some of its figures but I do not often see you blaming it for that. Papo figures are made to look menacing and fierce and as Caracal once said on his collection topic, Papo lions, for example, are overly "steroïsed" to make them look spectacular which results in unnatural proportions.

Moreover, it seems to me that the cuteness tendency is quite a recent one. Years after years, I can't stop noticing that new releases are more and more cartoonish and often badly painted. The 2019 deer family or the 2020 baby hippo are good examples. But the 2000-2015 era which I consider to be the "golden era" of Schleich was more characterized by this "classy" look I talked about rather than a cute one. It is particularly noticeable with their African animal figures like the 2012 African elephants [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , the giraffes, the antelopes like the greater kudu [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but also animals from other continents like the yak [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or the tapir [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which are among the most beautiful figures in my collection (and I did not even mention the 1:32 whales [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

Schleich is a declining brand, no doubt about it, but we should not forget the fantastic work it made in the past and it can sometimes still make today. I also think people tend to be harsh with Schleich because it is the market leader. It is natural to criticise a company that is already well established and to support small companies that are struggling to get ahead. We should be more demanding towards Schleich than any other company because it has to justify its crown. More and more often, Shleich does not meet our expectations but once more, its good work should get the credit it deserves.

Last edited by RtasVadumee on Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 9:12 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
....... I can't stop noticing that new releases are more and more cartoonish and often badly painted. .......

That is so right !
For may years, - perhaps 15 years, I bought all schleich, but first I gave up the horses, the cows, and now the dogs are getting horrible, and actually there is perhaps 3 or 4 models I like this year.

For instance, here is an example of a not-very-cute animal from 2020 ( left)...still he is more "smiling" than the old one, isn't he ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]requirements to be an anthropologist

RtasVadumee wrote:

......Schleich is a declining brand, no doubt about it, but we should not forget the fantastic work it made in the past and it can sometimes still make today. I also think people tend to be harsh with Schleich because it is the market leader. It is natural to criticise a company that is already well established and to support small companies that are struggling to get ahead. We should be more demanding towards Schleich than any other company because it has to justify its crown. More and more often, Shleich does not meet our expectations but once more, its good work should get the credit it deserves.

I do not think it is a declining brand, - but they may have moved their focus more towards elves etc. ? scratch

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2020 11:09 pm

The Komodo dragon is my favourite 2019 Schleich figure so I don't really agree with it being too cute, I think it is just fine.

I look forward to seeing the new CollectA one.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   papo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next