Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA

Go down 
+5
Advicot
Roger
Pardofelis
Steve170
RtasVadumee
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

mojo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   mojo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 10:25 am

[quote="RtasVadumee"]
Roger wrote:
Moreover, Pardofelis, you consider the tamandua to be too large to be part of your collection but at the same time, you have the Diana monkey and the sun bear which are clearly borderline scratch

The Diana monkey as I said have an absolutely perfect size. The sun bear may be slightly borderline (but not exaggeratedly out of line such as the mentioned tamandua, armadillo and aarvardk), same for the Bullyland black bear, but I can accept this little oversizing.

Shame that Roger don't remember me (a single collector who refused the armadillo, that is as big as my giant armadillo, as I've mentioned various times).
I didn't knew that the aardvark was retired, but I don't regret for not buying it Razz Maybe some day I do myself a bit smaller one (intermediate between Safari's and Noah's Pals), but many other more obscure species must come first Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

mojo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   mojo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 11:04 am

Pardofelis wrote:
The Diana monkey as I said have an absolutely perfect size. The sun bear may be slightly borderline (but not exaggeratedly out of line such as the mentioned tamandua, armadillo and aarvardk), same for the Bullyland black bear, but I can accept this little oversizing.

Well, I don't agree, Sun bears are really small, I have seen several in real and they are way smaller than brown bears while being roughly the same size as figures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bullyland Asian black bear is perfect with Mojo sun bear but is also out of line for a Schleich collection.

CollectA Diana monkey would be perfect with Papo Mandrill but is still a bit large compared with Schleich's (however, that's acceptable).

If you accept the sun bear, you may be able to accept the tamandua too.

Anyway, as Roger said, the size hierarchy is the most important thing : as long as your tamandua is not larger than your giant anteater, it should be ok. To the contrary your asian black bear may be larger than your brown bears...

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   mojo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 10:07 pm

Have you ever considered that some figures are not exactly too large but maybe those you use as reference are too mall? I use Papo bears instead of Schleich bears and they make the Mojo and Bullyland look not as large as they look when close to Schleich figures. They are, in any case, larger than desired although the Mojö figure is far from being disturbing to me.
Pardo, I really can't remember everything and some times comments are quite generic. We are a small community now but many different collectors already gave their opinions during all these years. I may have suggested the Eikoh, a seven-banded armadillo instead but I really can't remember even if I always only want to be helpful. I also tend to motivate you to get every figure possible because I won't be the only ruined guy in this forum. Laughing

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   mojo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 10:46 pm

Roger wrote:
Have you ever considered that some figures are not exactly too large but maybe those you use as reference are too mall? I use Papo bears instead of Schleich bears and they make the Mojo and Bullyland look not as large as they look when close to Schleich figures. They are, in any case, larger than desired although the Mojö figure is far from being disturbing to me.

Right.

However, you must be thinking about Papo's standing grizzly because it seems to me that the other Papo brown bears are the size of the Schleich ones.

The tamandua would be perfect next to Safari's giant anteater for exemple and as I said, the Diana monkey is also perfect next to Papo's mandrill. Actually, I was agreeing with you here, and suggesting Pardo takes the tamandua that would not be so disturbing neither in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   mojo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 11:14 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
Roger wrote:
Have you ever considered that some figures are not exactly too large but maybe those you use as reference are too small? I use Papo bears instead of Schleich bears and they make the Mojo and Bullyland look not as large as they look when close to Schleich figures. They are, in any case, larger than desired although the Mojö figure is far from being disturbing to me.

Right.

However, you must be thinking about Papo's standing grizzly because it seems to me that the other Papo brown bears are the size of the Schleich ones.

The tamandua would be perfect next to Safari's giant anteater for exemple and as I said, the Diana monkey is also perfect next to Papo's mandrill. Actually, I was agreeing with you here, and suggesting Pardo takes the tamandua that would not be so disturbing neither in my opinion.

Yes, I mean the Grizzly standing one, I also have the polar bear and black bear, all standing that Kosta kindly offered to me.
I have a few more bears from other brands, of course.
Curiously, my mandril is the Papo version and although I have all giant anteaters, my supreme favourite is the stupendous Safari with baby.

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   mojo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 7:30 pm

Does anyone know what size will be the new Mojo chimp with baby ?

I am hesitating between this one and Papo's one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I definitely prefer Mojo's but it has to be compatible with my other Schleich chimpanzees.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   mojo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 8:59 am

RtasVadumee wrote:
Does anyone know what size will be the new Mojo chimp with baby ?

Never seen it, but [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] says it's very big...
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   mojo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 9:22 am

Ok, thanks spacelab !

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   mojo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 10:38 am

Since Mojö is still half unknown to many collectors, here is a comparison of the Mojö toro bravo with the Papo Saler's cow which works as an Algarvian cow in my collection. So tthose are technically two breeds of my country.
I was told that I need a calf but I have no idea between these two how it should look like. Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   mojo - Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4