Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around!

Go down 
+4
spacelab
SUSANNE
costicuba
Roger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around! Empty
PostSubject: Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around!   Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around! EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 11:51 pm

Considering how much Susanne gives to this forum, it was inexcusable to refuse Susanne's request. So, here goes a humble walk around of the Schleich 14688  black panther released in 2013 and only available until 2016.

It was one of these Schleich multifunctional models. In some catalogues it was in America while in other catalogues it was in Asia & Australia.The last year even presented something bizarre, it was together with the Schleich leopard but the spotted version was labeled as a jaguar. geek Toy Animal Wiki has it placed in Africa, nice! Wink

It was marketed just as "Schwarzer Panther", black panther, letting the discussion open to which species it represents.These geographical incongruences do not help too much because both jaguar and leopards generate black panthers.While presented in America it works a jaguar once presented in Asia it is a leopard.

In 2017 it was replaced by a black jaguar, a more robuste sculpt and with ghost rosettes.

It is a modestly sized figure, weighing just 31g while the current black jaguar weighs 53g, being a much more massive figure.

That difference in size indicates clearly that the retired figure is supposed to be a leopard, the conformation is also more correct for a leopard and the long tail is another indicator.
It is 5 cm tall at the shoulders. There is a huge variation in sizes among Asiatic leopards, though the scale can be between 1:12 and 1:15.

I haven't removed the tag, I don't collect black leopards or alternatively colored  species. I didn't remember having it and it was surely bought for a trade or someone was searching it but for any reason I lost track of it and I ended with this figure in my collection.

The figure is snarling and show some tention. It has big eyes with pupils painted

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fur is pleasantly sculpted showing a well brushed animal as traditional in Schleich figures of this period.

The muscular expression is correct for a leopard and contributes to the sensation of tension it shows. Legs are particularly defined.

Ribs are clearly sculpted and it is a detail that I appreciate but I know it is not very popular among children. It may be one of the reasons that explains the short life of this model.

It looks a slender figure when we see it laterally but it is actually somewhat bulky.

The pose is elegant with the head turned slightly to the right side with the body following the movement.

Pawpads are sculpted and painted in a lighter color.

Teeth and mouth are better painted than what it looks in this picture because I haven't noticed the shadows were making their work.

Now some comparisons:

Here presented with the wonderful 2017 Schleich cheetah female.

... and here with the superb 2019 CollectA African leopard.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around!   Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around! EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 3:59 am

Thank you for this wonderful walkaround Roger cheers Applause
You made very nice photos and information you gave is very useful too .
I like this model and I have it.
But back in the time , when I got it, because I didn`t like some details , like these so thick teeth and the tail ''glued'' to the leg, I made some changes with my knife , and my brushes ... so now, my model looks different ... I have to say , it look`s very nice Very Happy
Maybe I have to share some photos too ..

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around!   Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around! EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 8:14 am

An outstanding wakaround with outstanding comments, as we can expect from Roger  Very Happy   Applause
There is nothing cute about this model, and as you say, it is a cat, which is very uneasy, and probably hungry !
A very collectable model for adults  cheers

costicuba wrote:
But back in the time , when I got it, because I didn`t like some details , like these so thick teeth and the tail ''glued'' to the leg, I made some changes with my knife , and my brushes ... so now, my model looks different ... I have to say , it look`s very nice Very Happy
Maybe I have to share some photos too ..

Ohh, yes, please show us bounce Very Happy

spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around!   Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around! EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 8:20 am

A weird model for Schleich. It's not cute, it's not chubby, it has a rather a "devil-ish" face. The thick teeth is the most obvious unattractive detail on it, as Kosta said. The absence of the ghost rosettes is another flaw for me, and rather weird again too, since this fur detail was represented very well two years before that model, in the 2011 Arelan black leopard.
I'm not a big fan of this model, the muscular side-view is cool though!

An excellent walkaround in every way, I think you should make more of these Roger! Looking forward for the Collecta one, a figure that I wanted to like so much but failed me.. I hope your walkaround make me see it differently. Applause

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around!   Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around! EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 9:15 am

Wonderful walkaround, Roger. I also have this one and I too am thinking, that this model is a Leopard. Maybe a Javan Leopard. This model is one of the last good models from Schleich.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around!   Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around! EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 2:01 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around!   Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around! EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 8:17 pm

Thanks everyone, I am glad you enjoyed it and actually your comments enriched a lot this topic.
Kosta, I'd surely love to see your retouched model. I am also not an enthusiast of attached tails or thick teeth, so I am sure your panther was seriously improved.
I also opened a walk around for the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around!   Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around! EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 12:33 am

And your walkaround of the Collecta one is wonderful too cheers

Thank you Susanne and Roger, that you would like to see my version :)

Ok, I`ve just made a new topic, to share some retouched models
and I started with my Schleich Black Panther :)
So, you can check it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around!   Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around! EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 12:30 pm

Now that Kosta linked his topic. I also want to link here to a 2013 topic showing this same model repainted as an Arabian leopard. I wished E Jay had been a more active member. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around!   Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around! EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 10:30 pm

I don,t like this panther at all, I think it looks cartoonisch What a Face confused Sleep

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around!   Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around! EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 12:12 am

Farm collector wrote:
I don,t like this panther at all, I think it looks cartoonisch What a Face confused Sleep

..just have a look to Kosta work on this model in "dancing with the knife", It changed my view! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around!   Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around! Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 2013 Black Panther walk around!
Page 1 of 1