Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship

Go down 
+3
rogerpgvg
widukind
tjjtjjtjja
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

Country/State : China/Shanghai

About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship Empty
PostSubject: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 4:23 pm

1988, Yujin founded.
2006, Furuya Daiki brought Junya Sato, KOW and a group of people to start a new company - Kitan Club. And established the Nature Techni Colour brand, referred to as NTC.
2008, Yujin was acquired by Takara Tomy.
2014, Junya Sato brought  KOW and a group of people to start a new company - IKIMON. Nature Techni Colour brand was also brought.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 5:01 pm

Thank you, you have a phantastic knowledge. Exists Yujin animal figures since 1988? That was what i mean with my question for old figures?

And when started Kaiyodo?

And do you know more brands?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 5:02 pm

And is it possible that Kitan have a set of snakes?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 5:19 pm

widukind wrote:
Thank you, you have a phantastic knowledge. Exists Yujin animal figures since 1988? That was what i mean with my question for old figures?

1. The first animal figures was chocoegg, Kaiyodo and Futura collaborated in 1999, Yujin started making animal figures in 2002.
2. Miyawaki started Kaiyodo in 1964, now Miyawaki Shuichi is CEO, Kaiyodo is a family business.
3. The list in forum is more comprehensive, other brands like KORO KORO, Qualia, Kenelephant,they also making some animal figures. There are some chinese brands making some animal figures too, if you are interested, I will update some information about them.

Last edited by tjjtjjtjja on Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 5:25 pm

widukind wrote:
I don't know. Shocked
If you like snakes figures, I recommend a set of Poison Fang Assassin Poison Snake, it's from Takara Tomy.
NTC-NOJ2 have a snake, Kaiyodo chocoQ have some snakes.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 6:39 pm

Very interesting information. Because most of us don't read Japanese or Chinese, this kind of information is very difficult for us to get.

tjjtjjtjja wrote:
1988, Yujin founded.
2006, Furuya Daiki brought Junya Sato, KOW and a group of people to start a new company - Kitan Club. And established the Nature Techni Colour brand, referred to as NTC.
2014, Junya Sato brought  KOW and a group of people to start a new company - IKIMON. Nature Techni Colour brand was also brought.

I hope you don't mind me asking some more questions. What is KOW? Who is Junya Sato, did he already have a company before Kitan? Are Yujin and Ikimon-NTC unrelated, or do you mean they are also related? Thank you!

I'd be very interested in learning about other brands too. I have never heard of Kenelephant, for example. Chinese brands would be interesting too, especially if you know how we can buy their models outside China.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 6:50 pm

tjjtjjtjja wrote:
widukind wrote:
I don't know. Shocked
If you like snakes figures, I recommend a set of Poison Fang Assassin Poison Snake, it's from Takara Tomy.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you :) that snake set i have. I have seen on FB snakes that i dont know. I will send you a picture if it i okay for you :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 6:51 pm

tjjtjjtjja wrote:
widukind wrote:

1. The first animal figures was chocoegg, Kaiyodo and Futura collaborated in 1999, Yujin started making animal figures in 2002.
2. Miyawaki started Kaiyodo in 1964, now Miyawaki Shuichi is CEO, Kaiyodo is a family business.
3. The list in forum is more comprehensive, other brands like KORO KORO, Qualia, Kenelephant,they also making some animal figures. There are some chinese brands making some animal figures too, if you are interested, I will update some information about them.

And yes yes yes, i am very interested in all the other brand, chinese brands too. And where to find than is also very very interesting.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 8:36 pm

Thankyou very much for your great help Applause Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 9:13 pm

That is all very interesting! Again, I am very happy that you are with us sharing all these informations.
I also am interested about Chinese brands, you may be able of helping us to solve some misteries. Very Happy

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 3:29 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Very interesting information. Because most of us don't read Japanese or Chinese, this kind of information is very difficult for us to get.

tjjtjjtjja wrote:
1988, Yujin founded.

I hope you don't mind me asking some more questions. What is KOW? Who is Junya Sato, did he already have a company before Kitan? Are Yujin and Ikimon-NTC unrelated, or do you mean they are also related? Thank you!

I'd be very interested in learning about other brands too. I have never heard of Kenelephant, for example. Chinese brands would be interesting too, especially if you know how we can buy their models outside China.

1. KOW is a animal model designer, he is very low key, so we don't know his real name. But he is very awesome, he designed a most of Yujin Colour series & NTC figures.
2. Junya Sato, sorry, his name is Junya Satou, google translate is wrong. He is a representative director in IKIMON. He is responsible for turning prototypes into products. He have not a company before Kitan.
3. Junya Satou and KOW was university classmate.
4. At first Yujin just a small company with only 25 people, Furuya Daiki, Junya Satou and KOW worked in Yujin, they were responsible for making biological models, they maked Yujin Colour series. Later, with the development of time, Yujin became a company with more than 100 people. Some of their ideas are difficult to realize. So Furuya Daiki, Junya Satou, KOW and a group of people to start a new company Kitan Club. Later, probably for the same reason, Junya Satou, KOW and a group of people to start a new company IKIMON.
5. In fact, biological models are just a small part of the Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON company ’s products, because pure biological models are not profitable in Japan.
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 4:03 am

rogerpgvg wrote:

tjjtjjtjja wrote:
1988, Yujin founded.

Q: How can buy their models outside China or Japan?
A: Ebay is the easiest way, The benefits are English and global express, but things are few and expensive.
Finding someone to buying on behalf is also a good way.
If you want to find some japanese models in Yahoo auction JP, you need some key words.
website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
key words:
Kaiyodo = 海洋堂
Kitan = 奇譚クラブ or キタンクラブ
Nature Techni Colour = ネイチャーテクニカラー
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 4:57 am

Roger wrote:
That is all very interesting! Again, I am very happy that you are with us sharing all these informations.
I also am interested about Chinese brands, you may be able of helping us to solve some misteries. Very Happy

I will post other Jpanese and Chinese brands in the weekend slowly.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:32 am

Thanks you very much for all this information, you know a lot about it! Thanks for the keywords too. I use Yahoo auctions quite often; it's very useful to know the Japanese words for the different brands.

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:37 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Thanks you very much for all this information, you know a lot about it! Thanks for the keywords too. I use Yahoo auctions quite often; it's very useful to know the Japanese words for the different brands.

It's my pleasure.

If you want find something about Japanese figures, I think I can help.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 2:16 pm

bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 4:50 pm

widukind wrote:
tjjtjjtjja wrote:
widukind wrote:
I don't know. Shocked

Thank you :) that snake set i have. I have seen on FB snakes that i dont know. I will send you a picture if it i okay for you :)

Please show me the picture about FB snakes. bounce
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 5:36 pm

tjjtjjtjja wrote:
widukind wrote:
tjjtjjtjja wrote:
widukind wrote:
I don't know. Shocked

Please show me the picture about FB snakes. bounce

I will send you soon a pm. And i have also a big lot of questions. :)

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:34 pm

tjjtjjtjja wrote:
If you want find something about Japanese figures, I think I can help.
Thank you, that's very kind.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 10:13 pm

Using your information, I have changed the companies' information on TAW (first few sentences on the page):
Kaiyodo: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kitan: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please have a look and see whether this is correct. If you have more information, please let me know.

Do you know whether Kitan Club still exists or has it disappeared after Ikimon started?

I have used the name Sato instead of Satou, because Sato is a common Japanese surname.

Thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 2:35 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Using your information, I have changed the companies' information on TAW (first few sentences on the page):

Please have a look and see whether this is correct. If you have more information, please let me know.

Do you know whether Kitan Club still exists or has it disappeared after Ikimon started?

I have used the name Sato instead of Satou, because Sato is a common Japanese surname.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you. You are an enthusiastic person.

Kitan Club is still exists now.

I will translate more information from Wiki Japan tonight.
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 5:01 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:

Thanks for your help!

Kaiyodo in Wiki
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kitan Club
About NTC products, please use the following statement
Nature Techni Colour - Base series
General Set:
1. Ocean I, all 8 types, 2008.6
2. Frogs of Japan, all 8 types, 2009.2
3. Savanna, all 10 types, 2009.7
4. Turtles of Japan, all 10 types, 2010.5
5. Freshwater fish of Japan, all 10 types, 2011.8
6. Ogasawara Islands, all 8 types, 2013.6
7. Antarctic, all 8 types, 2014.8
8. Freshwater fish of Japan special edition, all 5 types, 2016.1
9. Savanna special edition,all 5 types, 2019.3

Limited Set:
1. Osaka Aquarium KAIYUKAN, all 12 types (the first version without base, all 8 types), 2009.9 (first version,2008)
2. Toba Aquarium, all 8 types (6 types resale), 2012.4 (resale,2014.7)
3. Sea turtles of Japan, all 4 types, 2010.11
4. Sea turtles of Yakushima, all 2 types, 2009.8
5. Golden Ocean(Tenth Anniversary Limited), all 8 types, 2015.12
6. Gold Africa(Tenth Anniversary Limited), all 8 types, 2015.12

Super Limited:
1. King Squid, 120 limited
2. Pink Elephant, 2014 wf summer limited

In addition to NTC (NATURE TECHNI COLOUR), STC (SCIENCE TECHNI COLOUR), Ikimon has a series of ATC (ARTUNIV TECHNI COLOUR).
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 9:37 pm

Thank you, tjjtjjtjja. This is a bit more work, so it will take me a bit longer. I have a few questions.

Is the Antarctica set you mention the same as the set listed as Nankyoku on TAW?
Do you know when the King squid was released?
Next to Pink elephant, you say "wf". What does "wf" mean?
Does ATC have any animal figures?

Thanks again!

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 4:47 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Thank you, tjjtjjtjja. This is a bit more work, so it will take me a bit longer. I have a few questions.

Is the Antarctica set you mention the same as the set listed as Nankyoku on TAW?

Thanks again!

1. Yes, you are right. I check the leaflet, official name is Nankyoku. I will edit my post.

2. 2013.4.30~2014.4.30, It's special prize. Collecting and sending the application tickets contained in the capsule. It's 10 prizes every month in one year,
only 120 people received a figure.

3. WF is WonderFestival, it is a semiannual (February and August) event held in Japan and China. It is sponsored by the Kaiyodo manufacturing company. The main focus is to display and sell "garage kits", which are sculptures that usually represent anime and game characters, but also popular mecha/sci-fi characters and creatures such as Kuratas. These models are extremely detail oriented, and many of these sculptures appear in very small quantities due to the amateur nature of their reproduction. Unusually skilled artisans are promoted specifically during the "wonder showcase" (WSC), in which their works are given special attention and limited quantities of their masterpieces are sold for high prices to avid collectors. It also showcases future releases by major toy companies.

4. ATC have not any animal figures. Sorry, I forgot TMA is an animal toys Wiki.

Thank you, I realize my mistake.
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 5:17 am

rogerpgvg wrote:

Thanks again!

I check the leaflet. It is right now.
General Set:
1. The Ocean I, all 8 types, 2008.6
2. The Frogs In Japan, all 8 types, 2009.2
3. Savanna, all 10 types, 2009.7
4. The Turtles In Japan, all 10 types, 2010.5
5. Clear Rivers In Japan, all 10 types, 2011.8
6. Ogasawara, all 8 types, 2013.6
7. Nankyoku, all 8 types, 2014.8
8. Clear Streams In Japan, all 5 types, 2016.1

Limited Set:
1. Osaka Aquarium KAIYUKAN, all 12 types (the first version without base, all 8 types), 2009.9 (first version,2008)
2. Toba Aquarium, all 8 types (6 types resale), 2012.4 (resale,2014.7)
3. The Sea Turtles In Japan, all 4 types, 2010.11
4. The Sea Turtles In Yakushima, all 2 types, 2009.8
5. The Ocean Type Glod (Tenth Anniversary Limited), all 8 types, 2015.12
6. Savanna Type Glod (Tenth Anniversary Limited), all 8 types, 2015.12
7. Savanna special edition,all 5 types, 2019.3

Super Limited:
1. King Squid, 120 limited
2. Pink Elephant, wf2014 summer limited

Nature of Japan series 1~3 is here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by tjjtjjtjja on Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship Empty

Back to top Go down

About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next