Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship

Go down 
+3
rogerpgvg
widukind
tjjtjjtjja
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 1:04 pm

Thanks for all this information. I have now updated the Kitan section on TAW.

Brettnj

Country/State : USA/New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 1:17 pm

Hey Dirk.

I'm sorry if you addressed this already but do you know why so many of these NT sets--the one with the bear, the prehistoric skeletons, the whales I just saw in another thread, and the Yangtze and Australia sets (though I realize the latter two may have pending releases) are created as prototypes but not produced/released?

Thank you.
Brett
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

Country/State : China/Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 8:56 am

Brettnj wrote:
Hey Dirk.

I'm sorry if you addressed this already but do you know why so many of these NT sets--the one with the bear, the prehistoric skeletons, the whales I just saw in another thread, and the Yangtze and Australia sets (though I realize the latter two may have pending releases) are created as prototypes but not produced/released?

Thank you.
Brett

As I said before, it is not very profitable to sell such real animal figures in Japan, and there are few customers compared to anime figures. The best sales situation is NTC Nankyoku, it resale 4 times, probably because penguins are so cute, everyone likes them. But But NTC Savanna special edition changed from the original price of 500 yen to 300 yen, it was sold at a reduced price in Japan. So it’s not easy to produce animal figures and the prototypes has never been produced.

Japnese figures like Kaiyodo, NTC and Yujin, on the one hand, old goods are becoming more and more expensive, on the other hand, fewer and fewer new figures never come out, really sad.

Savanna special edition reduced price from 500 yen to 300 yen
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 9:09 am

It's quite incredible that they can be produced for only 300 yen! Fashions change and hopefully collecting  animal figures will become more popular again. I can't imagine people will be excited about anime for a long time, but then, that may be my lack of imagination.
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 9:15 am

I would like these to appear in arcades across the UK and then I would be ecstatic as I wouldn't hesitate about visiting arcades for these.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 9:28 am

Indeed. I wonder whether Kaiyodo or other Japanese companies have ever tried to venture out to other countries to see whether they would be successful.

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 9:33 am

They'd be successful with me!

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 9:43 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Indeed. I wonder whether Kaiyodo or other Japanese companies have ever tried to venture out to other countries to see whether they would be successful.

According to the signage at the WF, NTC Yangtze will be on sale in China. At first, this set's base use Chinese, not Japanese usually. Second, Ikimon just only made the prototype, Mona will responsible for sales. Mona is a Chinese company.

Kaiyodo even organized the WF in China, and sold Kaiyodo's figures at the exhibition.

Brettnj

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 10:12 am

tjjtjjtjja wrote:
Brettnj wrote:
Hey Dirk.

Thank you.
Brett

As I said before, it is not very profitable to sell such real animal figures in Japan, and there are few customers compared to anime figures. The best sales situation is NTC Nankyoku, it resale 4 times, probably because penguins are so cute, everyone likes them. But But NTC Savanna special edition changed from the original price of 500 yen to 300 yen, it was sold at a reduced price in Japan. So it’s not easy to produce animal figures and the prototypes has never been produced.

Japnese figures like Kaiyodo, NTC and Yujin, on the one hand, old goods are becoming more and more expensive, on the other hand, fewer and fewer new figures never come out, really sad.

Savanna special edition reduced price from 500 yen to 300 yen

I understood this part. I should have been more clear re: asking why the prototypes get made in the first place? But I imagine the answer remains the same.

Thank you again, Dirk. Your contributions here are very interesting/helpful and appreciated.
Brett
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 10:28 am

Brettnj wrote:

I understood this part. I should have been more clear re: asking why the prototypes get made in the first place? But I imagine the answer remains the same.

Thank you again, Dirk. Your contributions here are very interesting/helpful and appreciated.
Brett

Oh, sorry, I got it wrong.

Any model is first prototyped, then painted, then revised, and then mass produced.

I think Ikimon still wants to make animal figures, they are affectionate. Junya Sato and KOW are independent from Kitan Club because they want to be an animal figures, but the most important thing for a company is to survive, so first make money-making products,  and then produce animal figures. So the animal prototype has been doing.

Last edited by tjjtjjtjja on Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brettnj

Brettnj

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 10:35 am

Thank you. Rooting for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship   About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

About Yujin, Kitan Club, IKIMON and their relationship
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2