Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Papo red-headed vulture

Go down 
+3
RtasVadumee
SUSANNE
Advicot
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

The Papo red-headed vulture Empty
PostSubject: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 7:27 pm

I don't know much about this figure but it was released in 2004. Can anyone help with some more information on it? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 7:49 pm

It is from their fantasy series.

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 7:52 pm

Really?! I had no idea, I thought it may have been an early wildlife figure but I wasn't sure

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 8:04 pm

Here  cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 8:26 pm

Thank you kindly Susanne

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 8:40 pm

Advicot wrote:
Thank you kindly Susanne

You are welcome Very Happy

It is a nice model, even if it is fantasy !
I think I have it somewhere too, and the black knight and his horse also, - well played with by the former owner, but still fun to have Very Happy
Papo has made a lot of fantasy, history etc models that I like a lot.

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 9:03 pm

Ok, thank you for showing it to me Adam, ABSOLUTELY NOT what I would collect Laughing

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 9:24 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
Ok, thank you for showing it to me Adam, ABSOLUTELY NOT what I would collect Laughing

Good that we are different Shocked
Imagine if we all wore purple knickers and orange, woollen hats cheers

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 9:59 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
RtasVadumee wrote:

Good that we are different  Shocked

HOWEVER... I have the vulture from Lucky Luke Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 10:03 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
RtasVadumee wrote:

Good that we are different  Shocked

HOWEVER... I have the vulture from Lucky Luke Laughing

cheers cheers cheers

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 8:52 am

This extremely cartoonish vulture reminds me a bit the vultures of Ice Age 2, the meltdown Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 10:02 am

He does the job for the red-headed vulture and was my first ever vulture. Probably one of my first Papo, that my grandfather would buy me when he travelled to Perpignan. I believe my first Papo was the white tiger which my grandfather got in 2008.

You can see he is quite worn as I loved to play with him, there's even a photo of me, age 3 playing with him on my little brother's cradle[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 10:14 am

It is so wonderful to have models from your childhood ! Nothing can ever replace them , they are old friends cheers
Your tiger and vulture are extremely precious Very Happy

I still have my old Reisler elephant with the tail and most of the trunk broken off and red nail polish under his foot ! Wink
He stands in the VIP-place in my vitrine between the expensive composition models Very Happy
Poor thing was always the "strong man" in our plays, and he always did a great job ! He is an honourable veteran pirat

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 10:20 am

Wow he's done very well. Its great when you can grow older with your childhood toys and they are still fairly intact.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 10:44 am

That is a tiger to treasure forever, no other in perfect condition is more precious for you. Susanne's post tells everything! cheers

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 11:23 am

I still have all my old Schleich from childhood but most of them are badly damaged now and I am very sad every time I look at them because of that Crying or Very sad

But some of you know how much damages on figures is a phobia to me.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 12:02 pm

Is it a phobia ? Would it help to think positive ? Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 2:55 pm

Two more from the series Very Happy

This vulture hopes to get a witch steak  affraid

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 5:20 pm

I have this vulture too and I like it. It has a special , unique charm :)
If we need an realistic models, we have it from other brands ... but this one is one of a kind :)
And Adam, your white Papo tiger is , like Susanne and Roger said already, a very cpecial too.
You can take it also like : one of a kind and a good friend :)
He looks like a veteran from many wars ... like true survivor , winner :) And your special childhood budy .

When I was a child , I was playing only with some cheap copies of Bretains and Veb Plaho models... That was only what we can get at this time in my coutry ... But I really loved my animal models .. I didn`t know nothing better . And I still keep them . Even I have now the original versions of them ... my childhoos friends are still precious to me :)

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 5:29 pm

My brother collects knights and fantasy figures, but keeps them in two big boxes his room is too full of teddies.

It's great that we still have favourites from our childhoods in our collections. When I was youger my Schleich came from my local toy shop (still does occasionally) and my Papo came from France as my grandfather used to buy nearly all the figures he could find in Perpignan.

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 5:33 pm

My first Papo lion (or should or say lioness) was of course from Perpignan Very Happy Her paws are worn but my god does she have good mouth strength, she's been carrying that cub for 12 years and the cub hasn't grown an inch Laughing

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 6:19 pm

That is the most wonderful lioness ever cheers

Advicot wrote:
...... my god does she have good mouth strength, she's been carrying that cub for 12 years and the cub hasn't grown an inch Laughing

lol! lol!

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 10:26 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
That is the most wonderful lioness ever  cheers

Advicot wrote:
...... my god does she have good mouth strength, she's been carrying that cub for 12 years and the cub hasn't grown an inch Laughing

lol! lol!

And it was this lady and her cub that got me back into collecting animal figures. I didn't know about Papo and I found this in a toy shop within an art centre. People were looking in the wrong places for art it was right there in that toy shop.

A classic and not only is this pose talked about now the generation that had one as a child will continue with this praise.

A collectors item in a true sense.

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 9:11 am

She's a very old as well. She is still in production after 14 years! Will they ever retire her?!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 11:01 am

Advicot wrote:
She's a very old as well. She is still in production after 14 years! Will they ever retire her?!

It will be a shame when they do Very Happy

But ever is a long time Suspect
Some day perhaps there will be new materials and production methods that we don't know about these days.
Perhaps your grandchildren will only play with some kind of virtual models ? scratch

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Papo red-headed vulture   The Papo red-headed vulture Empty

Back to top Go down

The Papo red-headed vulture
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next