Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The African Penguin Enclosure

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

The African Penguin Enclosure Empty
PostSubject: The African Penguin Enclosure   The African Penguin Enclosure EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 6:28 pm

As I mentioned in Rtas' collection, I have been wanting to make an African penguin enclosure for my colony. I have looked at real enclosures but nothing appeals to me much. Anyone got any ideas?

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The African Penguin Enclosure   The African Penguin Enclosure EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 11:01 pm

Try to use a plastic box, with low laterals, use it as a pool with real water and cover the posterior half of the box with real stones to simulate a rocky coast. Put the stones in a way that allows your penguins to stand. As you know, African penguins do not live in ice. Diorama like enclosures are the nicest in my opinion and you can do it with few resources and it may look like an aquatic park.
Just avoid to make nests, I really dislike their nests. Laughing

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The African Penguin Enclosure   The African Penguin Enclosure EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 10:34 am

Thank you Roger Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The African Penguin Enclosure   The African Penguin Enclosure EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 12:05 pm

You're welcome! Schleich, Papo, CollectA and both Safari are the 5 African penguins of your collection?

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The African Penguin Enclosure   The African Penguin Enclosure EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 12:14 pm

Indeed they are. :)

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The African Penguin Enclosure   The African Penguin Enclosure EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 12:17 pm

That would be great to see them together (even before you make your enclosure) !

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The African Penguin Enclosure   The African Penguin Enclosure EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 12:27 pm

I'll give you a comparison photo on Tuesday evening :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The African Penguin Enclosure   The African Penguin Enclosure EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 12:55 pm

Advicot wrote:
I'll give you a comparison photo on Tuesday evening :)

I will love to see it too. The new Safari seems a very serious figure. I have the old gliding and the beautiful Sancho Panza from Schleich but I am never tired of penguins.

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The African Penguin Enclosure   The African Penguin Enclosure EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 1:33 pm

The Safari figure is actually really big, its about the size of Papo's emperor!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The African Penguin Enclosure   The African Penguin Enclosure EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 2:40 pm

Advicot wrote:
The Safari figure is actually really big, its about the size of Papo's emperor!

I can see in Safari's catalogue it is 7,5 cm tall. It is perfect once the core of my penguins collection is composed by Safari figures. When I started collecting, Safari was already offereing 5 different species while other brands were all confined to a single penguin.
It means that this figure fits perfectly with the gliding model and it has the same exact scale of the Humboldt, 1/9 scale. As I have the Safari emperor too, they look nicely together. Schleich's is almost sized like a TOOB figure and my Sancho Panza needs a Dom Quixote. Wink

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The African Penguin Enclosure   The African Penguin Enclosure EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 2:47 pm

Look what I found :

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The African Penguin Enclosure   The African Penguin Enclosure EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 8:47 pm

Thanks Kosta! I like and want the new Safari penguin although I don't understand why they haven't released a Magellanic penguin instead. Interesting also that the new model was not a replacement to the previous one, maybe it is because their poses are so different. Video was quite useful! Very Happy

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The African Penguin Enclosure   The African Penguin Enclosure EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 9:22 pm

I certainly would have wanted a Magellenic, as I can't think of one done by any major brand ever.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The African Penguin Enclosure   The African Penguin Enclosure Empty

Back to top Go down

The African Penguin Enclosure
Page 1 of 1