Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.

Go down 
+7
Pardofelis
spacelab
Advicot
RtasVadumee
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. Empty
PostSubject: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 8:37 pm

It is a bit cheating to launch a new species of tapir by giving the old one new paintwork, isn't it ?  scratch
But I can not resist a tapir, and just had to see the "new" one from CollectA in real Laughing

Well, at least the Baird's tapir is marked "Baird's tapir" , while the Malayan Tapir is just marked "TAPIR" ,
so I almost forgive the trick CollectA pulls on us Very Happy

Here the two guys meet each other.
The baird's  baby might as well be one species as the other, if I understand it right... Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CollectA meets Papo, who is not sure he like the new guy Laughing

And Safari   sunny

And last, my dear, old Schleich tapir (  Crocodile Made in Portugal !) , which looks a bit overwhelmed by all this fuss   drunken

Last a couple of close-ups I made for TAI Wink

He really has a nice face Very Happy

I like the pose very much ...

A good, solid, well fed tapir-behind :)

Such a friendly expression, - welcome Tapir, even if you look a lot like your cousin  drunken

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 9:31 pm

I actually like it overall. I just wish they could have done SOME kind of alteration at least. Congrats Susanne!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 10:20 pm

Fantastic topic, Susanne. Here the only problem is that we are not used that CollectA reuse moulds. They even modified the name marked on it as you pointed and probably the year wass also updated.
The mould works for a Malayan tapir, If there was no Baird's before, that figure would be very well received without too much controversy.
I think the other way round is generally better accepted. If you want to use the same mould, release the less common species after and never before.
Love the comparison pictures and it supports CollectA decision, no other Malayan tapir is available at the moment, just CollectA's.
I think the calf serves perfectly to the new tapir, unless someone better informed has a different opinion.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 7:00 am

Thankyou, Paige ! sunny
Thankyou, Roger ! flower

The year has not been altered....I wonder if they are now going to use the TAPIR mould for both scratch
Only time will show Wink

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 11:12 am

Susanne, always in the vanguard when showing new-released figures is concerned ! cheers

This topic will surely interest spacelab Wink

I am sorry but I can't stop seeing a black and white Baird's when I look at this Malayan tapir... But my opinion is biased as I actually do have this Baird's tapir. Anyway, I am more than happy to have my old Schleich Malayan tapir as I dislike to have the same mould twice.
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 11:14 am

I was very, very disappointed when its promo photos came out. I think if this tapir had been lying down like this one: I would certainly have bought it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 12:37 pm

Well, it's a beautiful model. I grew up playing with a Britains malayan tapir, to be honest I had never seen a Baird's tapir before Collecta's model.
I'm not a completist, didn't care that much of having a Bairds Tapir in my collection, so I think this figure will be very well received to people like me. It's also accurate and has the best looking head among its old competitors.
I think I'll buy it.

Excellent walkaround Susanne!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:18 pm

Thankyou, friends Very Happy

Advicot wrote:
I was very, very disappointed when its promo photos came out. I think if this tapir had been lying down like this one: I would certainly have bought it.

I think that lying down models do not sell very well, - most often they are only made for a short period.
Perhaps because playing with a lying down models is not so inspireing for children ? Basketball Very Happy

But you are right, it could be great to have some in a display Very Happy

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 5:31 pm

Except tigers, lionesses (but not male lions), and lactating sows! They're the only models that looks "nice" as lying figurines haha

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 6:07 pm

It is a tapir, so i like it :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 6:14 pm

widukind wrote:
It is a tapir, so i like it :)

cheers Me too cheers Laughing

Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 6:25 pm

Thanks a lot for the walkaround and comparison photos. Interesting to read comments from you all. My first (and only) meeting with a tapir was in Copenhagen zoo about 1959. It was probably a Baird's tapir. I had never seen such a strange looking animal. CollectA's Baird's tapir always reminds me of this visit, so I look forward to get his new Malayan cousin. Smile
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 7:57 pm

How great that the Tapir made such an impression on you, - they are indeed strange creatures Very Happy
For me, the first I can remember from a zoo was a Bactrian camel, - it was big as a bus, and the eyes were larger than my hands, whith enormous lashes...I was completely absorbed and wanted to go back all the time Laughing Laughing

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 8:00 pm

When quizzing my friends I ask them what animals are tapirs related to? The answer they gave was pig as they look like pigs to an uneducated person on animals. Well they are related to horses.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 8:33 pm

Or rather, horses ( and rhinos) are related to tapirs, because tapirs came first Wink
When I first saw them many years ago, I thought they were a kind of little elephants with short legs lol!

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 8:38 pm

Advicot wrote:
When quizzing my friends I ask them what animals are tapirs related to? The answer they gave was pig as they look like pigs to an uneducated person on animals.

They are tapigs, Adam. study
I think online it is often sold as anteater and in Portugal almost everyone calls it like that.

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 8:58 pm

affraid how can they be marked as anteaters!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 9:39 pm

Advicot wrote:
affraid how can they be marked as anteaters!

I didn't need to go too far. Here is one being sold in Spain as "oso hormiguero", giant anteater in Spanish language. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 7:06 am

affraid lol!

burton70

burton70

Country/State : Poland - Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 8:55 am

Hello. Thank you Susanne for the comparison. The more that I only collect Malay tapirs and I can't buy from PAPO at home. I am pleased with this year's CollectA "dressing up". As for the young, I think that after adding black hair, he can be a Malayan tapir as a child.

I am new here (as a writer). If I acted improperly posting your photos in your thread, I am sorry and I ask you to delete.

Greetings to everyone from a forest full of Malayan tapirs.

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 9:08 am

Cool photos, I'm sure Susanne won't mind at all. Welcome! Smile
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 10:05 am

burton70 wrote:
Hello. Thank you Susanne for the comparison. The more that I only collect Malay tapirs and I can't buy from PAPO at home. I am pleased with this year's CollectA "dressing up". As for the young, I think that after adding black hair, he can be a Malayan tapir as a child.

I am new here (as a writer). If I acted improperly posting your photos in your thread, I am sorry and I ask you to delete.

Greetings to everyone from a forest full of Malayan tapirs.

Welcome on forum, Burton! We'd love to know more about you and your collection. Maybe you can introduce yourself [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Do you collect only Malayan tapirs, I see you are already searching for other Asian animals, is it all around this particular species? Great pictures, by the way and maybe we can help you finding the Papo model although it won't be easy.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 10:20 am

Hello, Burton !!! Wellcome here , - and thankyou for the beautyful photos cheers

Ahhh! So the Malayan baby tapirs have black in their fur !
Thanks for enlightening me about this , Idea
I have not been able to find anything on Google, - but then, I am a serious clown at browsing the net Embarassed Laughing

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 11:32 am

Welcome Burton

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
burton70

burton70

Country/State : Poland - Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 11:56 am

Welcome to this beautiful sunny day Smile

Yes. Young Malay tapirs have black fur with white spots.

Help in getting Javan rhinos that Bullyland gave would be invaluable. Mother with young cheers

I invite you to my first, independent topic ... sunny

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.   The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Malayan tapir from CollectA, comparisons and a couple of close-ups.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next