Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Knock off Yowies?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

Knock off Yowies? Empty
PostSubject: Knock off Yowies?   Knock off Yowies? EmptyFri May 08, 2020 8:47 pm

After browsing eBay USA I came across some US Yowies which were coming from China, I had a look at them because I love Yowie figures. I noticed that these figures were incredibly poorly painted and that is why I thought they were knock offs. https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-pcs-Yowie-Mini-Wild-Animal-Figure-Toy-Educational-Animal-PVC-Model/283636066260?hash=item420a06e7d4:g:zO0AAOSwt5dbYn2S

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Knock off Yowies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock off Yowies?   Knock off Yowies? EmptyFri May 08, 2020 10:00 pm

those Yowies look good to me. Maybe it is poor photography. A couple have scratches; maybe they were played with before.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Knock off Yowies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock off Yowies?   Knock off Yowies? EmptySat May 09, 2020 2:08 am

Some of them are "different", the horned guan's horn is black there and should be red, the hippo is a solid purpley red when it should have graded shading, and gray wolf seems lighter gray. So maybe knockoffs? Maybe customs? Maybe originals that have unique paintings? (Some figures I've come across have paint job variation)

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Knock off Yowies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock off Yowies?   Knock off Yowies? EmptySat May 09, 2020 5:56 am

As Paige says, the Guan does not have the red horn, but otherwise they seem quite normal to me scratch

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

Knock off Yowies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock off Yowies?   Knock off Yowies? EmptySat May 09, 2020 8:30 am

Yeah, they might just have been played with a lot and the paint came off

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Knock off Yowies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock off Yowies?   Knock off Yowies? EmptySat May 09, 2020 9:16 am

Advicot wrote:
Yeah, they might just have been played with a lot and the paint came off

That makes sence Very Happy

Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

Knock off Yowies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock off Yowies?   Knock off Yowies? EmptySat May 09, 2020 9:44 am

Not erverything from China is a knock-off Laughing
They seem okay for me and I think they were used or played before, too. But the description says: brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items) what seems not to be the case.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Knock off Yowies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock off Yowies?   Knock off Yowies? EmptySat May 09, 2020 11:19 am

They surely aren't unopened Laughing

Sponsored content

Knock off Yowies? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock off Yowies?   Knock off Yowies? Empty

Back to top Go down

Knock off Yowies?
Page 1 of 1