Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one? Empty
PostSubject: Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one?   Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one? EmptySun May 24, 2020 5:38 pm

Recently, I found this good-looking Hausser Elastolin fox. I thought it wasn't my favourite 1:32 scale, but today I measured it again and, well, perhaps it is or at least it is close. It's height is 1.5 cm and length (measured over its spine) is about 5.1 cm.
Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one? Hausse24
Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one? Hausse25

Which Hausser Elastolin is it? Part of the 56 mm (soft plastic) or 70 mm (hard plastic) series? The seller said it is soft plastic and it certainly looks quite similar to the other Hausser Elastolin animals I have. On the other hand, the plastic feels kind of hard and I don't have any hard plastic (70 mm) figures to compare it with. I thought the hard plastic was glossier, but I am not completely sure.

The other Roger has this fox too (as you might expect). In his foxes topic, Roger says: Hausser 54 mm or Preiser 70 mm Red Fox? Hard plastic.
Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one? Hausser-PreiserRed-Fox_zpsc59ce23f

The Hausser Elastolin 1972 catalogue does indeed show this fox as a 70 mm fox:
Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one? Hausse22

So it is probably 70 mm. On the other hand, I'd have expected a 70mm/hard plastic fox to be larger, because it is similar in size (shoulder height) to Roger's 56 mm adult sitting fox:
Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one? Hausser-foxes_zps9795ebf8

(Interestingly, Roger's sitting fox is glossy, which is the first time I see this for a 56 mm Hausser Elastolin.)

The 1972 catalogue indeed shows these foxes as part of the 56 mm series:
Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one? Hausse23

Could my fox be the one second from the left? It seems to have its head straight, rather than looking right though. Does anyone know more about these foxes?
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one?   Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one? EmptySun May 24, 2020 7:15 pm

Very charming

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one?   Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one? EmptySun May 24, 2020 7:37 pm

My standing fox I measured to be 4,5 cm and glossy Very Happy

Sorry for the terrible photo  Laughing
Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one? Fox-Little

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one?   Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one? EmptySun May 24, 2020 8:54 pm

This topic is quite oportune for me and a incredible coincidence. Susanne must think we agreed it. Laughing
I am, since yesterday, trying to find it and I had no idea, another Roger collector was debating with the same doubt about the same figure. Shocked It was debated here but it was not conclusive.
Let's see if we can manage it now with so many useful information. One thing I am sure, nobody showed me a figure larger than mine.
My opinion and just an opinion. There is only a single mould, Hausser released it as 70mm as you show on your 1972 catalogue. Later these moulds were sold to Preiser and they changed the plastic and painting and gave #47714 as the new product number.
The figure works as a 1/32 scale but it works better as 1:25 scale. The sitting fox, couldn't be too small once it has a kit and it is already minuscule. If my interpretation is correct,
I think your model, mine and Susanne's have the same pose, I didn't know these other foxes you presented. Susanne's model arrived with other Hausser figures. Apparently your model is the one with the most different painting. Mine and Susanne's have lighter inner legs, more red on tail and eyes over red while yours have eyes over white, more white on tail and red inner legs.
Maybe yours is the Preiser model and mine and Susanne's the Hausser. It can be also the other way round. Laughing A note, often sellers call soft plastic to hollowcast figures.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one?   Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one? EmptySun May 24, 2020 9:34 pm

drunken  I must admit I am completely confused Surprised

But now at least I know that I didn't mix up the two Rogers Laughing

Anyway, these models are ever so beautyful, and that is most important cheers

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one?   Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one? EmptySun May 24, 2020 9:40 pm

I think you are right, Rogério, they are 70 mm models. But I am quite sure that mine is Hausser Elastolin, as the seller had it in a large lot of Hausser Elastolins (both soft and hard plastic); there were no Preisers in it.

I'd say that Susanne's is quite different from ours, because it is glossier and to me it looks clearly like hard plastic. Yes, yours is slightly differently painted from mine, but they were hand painted, so I'd say that isn't so important. The type of paint of your and my fox seems quite similar.

Susanne's fox came with (what look like) other hard plastic Haussers. Hausser Elastolins are often painted in different colours and styles; I believe they are all 70 mm Hausser Elastolins.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one?   Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one? EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:48 pm

Well, at least things seem to be clearer and we now agree that this mould was only sold as a 70mm figure, no need to search for a differently sized model. It is also evident there is a Preiser and a Hausser version although it was already accepted.
Roger, I introduced my pair of foxes on 54mm Hausser and since yours is the best candidat for a Hausser, I think you can introduce your fox at 70mm Hausser page at the wiki. Things are getting sorted in a short time thanks to your great researching work.
Now I also learned that there is another pair of Hausser foxes to be found. affraid

SUSANNE wrote:
drunken  I must admit I am completely confused Surprised

But now at least I know that I didn't mix up the two Rogers  Laughing

lol!

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one?   Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hausser Elastolin fox: Which one?
Page 1 of 1