Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Diorama Contest

Go down 
+2
Advicot
QuollMate
6 posters
AuthorMessage
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

Diorama Contest Empty
PostSubject: Diorama Contest   Diorama Contest EmptySun May 31, 2020 3:37 pm

I’ve been watching the Dinosaur and Animal Toy Forums in earnest this past spring, hoping for diorama contests for both prehistoric and modern wildlife. It’s not looking like it’s going to happen this year, or at least not until the autumn when everyone is presumably back in school or at their desk jobs. I’d like to propose an official diorama contest to the mods of STS. I’m not sure what all the rules would be, but the winning diorama could possibly be blended or worked into the future 2021 STS banner as a reward? I think this could be a great opportunity to unleash some creativity during these trying times.

Since STS is not divided into separate forums for prehistoric and modern animals, I would suggest having two contests.

Probable rules:

• Any registered member of STS Forum may participate.
• Members may submit one entry per contest. One can participate in BOTH the prehistoric and modern animal diorama contests.
• Dioramas can either be home-built setups in a shoebox or a photoshoot in your backyard.
• Dioramas/Photoshoots will be submitted anonymously and must not have been published on the STS Forum before.
• Photoshop is allowed as long as all the content belongs to you.
• Entering would be done via private-messaging staff members with a creative title and the accompanying image of the diorama/creation.
• All content MUST be your own.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I’d like to see!

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

Diorama Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diorama Contest   Diorama Contest EmptySun May 31, 2020 4:04 pm

I asked about it when I joined last year on ATF but there was no interest Sad

This year I'd love a diorama contest, and it'll be my first one if we do one Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

Diorama Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diorama Contest   Diorama Contest EmptySun May 31, 2020 6:59 pm

I would be up for it. I would not be ready until the fall though.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Diorama Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diorama Contest   Diorama Contest EmptySun May 31, 2020 8:22 pm

Well, we have a plan, part of the work is done and three members interested is already a start.
If Fall is good, as suggested by Shawn, I can put it in my agenda and try to work with you a way to motivate more people to the contest.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Diorama Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diorama Contest   Diorama Contest EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 2:12 am

That sounds like great fun !!! cheers

I already look forward to see what it will bring, and hope that many people will participate, even if they know they won't win  Very Happy
Dioramas, unfortunately, are not one of my many (NOT) talents, but at least I could do a feeble try lol!

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

Diorama Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diorama Contest   Diorama Contest EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 3:55 am

Just find a nice spot outside and get snapping away. A few years ago I used the CollectA wombat right next to the lens in a sepia tone and it looked like a real wombat from a long time ago, it looked good.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Diorama Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diorama Contest   Diorama Contest EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 5:37 pm

interesting! Very Happy :
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Diorama Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diorama Contest   Diorama Contest Empty

Back to top Go down

Diorama Contest
Page 1 of 1