Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meskebous - toros bravos

Go down 
+10
bjarki12
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Roger
Shanti
Taos
Joan Milelire
Advicot
costicuba
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Meskebous  - toros bravos Empty
PostSubject: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 7:54 am

To find a new models of Toros Bravos : the Spanish fighting bull , from a spanish company ..and with a help from a spanish friend ...
what else do I need to be very happy ? ... and scream : '' Y viva España '' ! cheers

''Maskebous'' is a spanish company, which has some wonderful models of Toros Bravos.
And like ''De QUBE'' , they also made them in two poses, with different colour variations .
You can check the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] models here.
I love the ''De QUBE'' models, which I got with a help from Miguel Very Happy
And now, I love also ''Maskebous'' models !
When Alfonso saw, that I am interested on them, he kindly offered his help, to get them for me cheers cheers cheers
That`s why I love STS ... you can meet great, kindly, generous, wonderful people ... without even meet them on real.

Thank you very very much dear Alfonso for beeing so kind with me ! sunny

For those of you, who want more info about the company, here is the Facebook page
and also the Website

Here you can see all colour variations of Toros Bravos

I will start with the classic : Toro Bravo Negro :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This photo is for TAW Wink

Just look how good the sculptor captured the powerful charizma of the Spanish bull.
The proportions are great, the dynamic pose ...the face is great too ..

With a different light, to show the texture details :

And now let`s see some comperations ..

With a beautiful ''De QUBE'' Toro Bravo``Berrendo Trotando`` :

They look great together isn`t it ?  Very Happy

With Schleich one :

With CollectA :

With the wonderful Mojo :

With Safari one :

And now, our Negro will present the '' Toro Bravo Sardo Capirote Botinero '' :

Very beautiful colour !

A photo for TAW :

Together with the De QUBE one :

And I will let our Negro, to present the other version of Toro from Meskebous.

Toro Embistiendo Negro :

All colour versions of Toros Embistiendo, you can find HERE

A photo for TAW :

Let`s see it together with ''De QUBE''  Toro Bravo ``Cárdeno Embistiendo`` :

And because I love also this model, I got another one with different colour.

Our Negro will present it to you :

''Toro Embistiendo Sardo''

A photo for TAW :

And now, something different ...

My first spanish cow  cheers
I am not sure is it a Spanish fighting cattle cow ... Meskebous just call it : Vaquilla
I tried to find info on internet about the cows of Toro Bravo ... but they always show only the buls..
So, how should I call this cow .. ?  scratch
'' Vaquilla brava '' ?  or '' Spanish fighting cow ''  Laughing  ?

You can see all colour variations of Vaquillas HERE
But I think I choose a very beautiful colour variant for it ..

''Vaquilla Sarda'' :

Here it is together with a Papo cow :

Thanks for watching ! Oooleeee !  Very Happy

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 10:09 am

I might look into getting some of these are really beautiful

Lovely as well Applause

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 10:51 am

Nice models Kosta!
"Vaquilla" means young bull.
And, BTW, "Meskebous" (Més que bous) means "more than bulls" in Catalan/Valencian. I supose it must be a brand from there

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 10:59 am

They are wonderful models so will have to see if I can get hold of some!

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 11:57 am

Wonderful pictures and great for comparison! Thank you for showing all the details of this great bulls! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 1:39 pm

Thank you very much friends sunny

Shanti, I hope you can also find these for your bull collection :)

Joan Milelire wrote:
Nice models Kosta!
"Vaquilla" means young bull.
And, BTW, "Meskebous" (Més que bous) means "more than bulls" in Catalan/Valencian. I supose it must be a brand from there

Thank you very much Joan for this interesting info :)
But now I am confused ... scratch
Why they called a cow model : Vaquilla , if it`s mean : young bull ?
I mean, this model deffinetly has udders ... that is strange ..

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 1:48 pm

Really prodigious presentation with so many beautiful pictures and cmparisons.
Viva España for having wonderful people as it is Alfonso and some other Spanish friends on forum. Surely not for the bullfighting tradtion and the same goes to my own country.
We hate bullfighting because we love these animals and this love is also the reason that moves you to acquire so many wonderful figures representing these powerful creatures.
They are all very beautiful and sculptors can show their spirit what turns these figures immediately recognizable. Something that do not happens with all non Spanish models. Among those non Spanish, all beautiful, I think the model that is equally spirituous, it is the Mojö Fun that I also have as a gift from you.
Not wanting to contradict Joan, vaquilla means young cow in Spain but in bullfighting context it has a slightly different meaning. I will quote from Wikipedia and it seems you got it perfectly, Kosta!

Vaquilla is a word that "is used (in Spain) to refer to untamed cows ( brava ) between two to four years old, commonly used in festivities. They are used for conducting capeas, trimmer shows or comic bullfighting in bullrings or urban areas temporarily closed for these popular acts. In the streets of some towns (vaquillas) are used in the running of the toros (...)."

They are just called vaca brava in my country (untamed cow).

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 5:44 pm

Shocked Shocked

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 9:48 pm

Roger wrote:

Not wanting to contradict Joan, vaquilla means young cow in Spain but in bullfighting context it has a slightly different meaning. I will quote from Wikipedia and it seems you got it perfectly, Kosta!

Vaquilla is a word that "is used (in Spain) to refer to untamed cows ( brava ) between two to four years old, commonly used in festivities. They are used for conducting capeas, trimmer shows or comic bullfighting in bullrings or urban areas temporarily closed for these popular acts. In the streets of some towns (vaquillas)  are used in the running of the toros (...)."

They are just called vaca brava in my country (untamed cow).

Ahhhh! I didn't know that Very Happy The truth is that I'm not so interested in bull fighting Rolling Eyes

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 12:08 am

Stunning models, especially the young bull!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 2:45 am

Thank you again friends, for your comments here Very Happy

Paige, the last model, which looks like a young bull , is actually a cow ...it has udders :)

cheers Oooleeee cheers Thank you very much Roger, for clearing the info for me :)
Ok, I used this '' oolee'' again, ...trying to be on this page, but I also really don`t like bullfighting .. I also hate it. But I love these beautiful and so powerful looking animals :)
And I also agree , that among those non Spanish models, Mojo is the best :)

And now, let`s change it on : Viva STS ! Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 3:40 am

Excuse me, I really did know that from reading! I was thinking that it could pass for a young bull also if given the right anatomy, and it reminded me a little of the Schleich young Fleckvieh bull, and apparently at that moment my brain crossed wires while I typed... I think I need a nap for my brain to recover. Embarassed Sleep

At any rate, these spanish bull models are marvellous works of art of a truly stunning breed. drunken

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 9:57 am

Those are the most beautyful model bulls I have ever seen cheers
I never knew that there are "fighting cows", which must be heifers with much temperament Shocked

I loved to see their home page and the facebook also.
They have a whole little dream world with beautyful horses, a suitcase with a green meadow...all sort of things Very Happy

It is a horrible "sport", which should have been reduced to something in a museum long ago.
But we should not point our fingers at bull fights if we eat "cage eggs" , foie gras...ups, soory, I stop here:oops:

Back to the models and the wonderful pictures and comparisons , which I spent most of half an hour enjoying drunken

Thankyou very, very much for sharing, Kosta , and hurraaay for Alfonso cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 3:00 pm

I will open a page at Toy Animal Wiki using your great pictures. Though, I think I won't list the entire range available once there are plenty colours. Maybe I will start listing only these figures we already have pictures. It is also not easy to translate all the Spanish terminology related with the Fiesta Brava and I may use the Spanish names.
I see there is a little confusion between vaquillas and mansos but that is natural, even in my language, we use popularly the same word to both, chocas and they have a similar task but I will avoid to be more detailed. Laughing
Kosta, have you noticed they also have now a range of Mansos?

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 4:33 pm

I've just looked on their website and some are lovely (It's a shame they reuse moulds) otherwise I'd buy them all

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 6:54 pm

Thank you for your comments Paige, Susanne , Roger and Adam :)
I am glad to read them :)

Oh Susanne, half an hour of your time today was with my topic .. cheers

Roger, thank you for taking the job to open a TAW page with these models cheers

Yes, I saw also the models of Mansos .. horses too ...
And I was thinking also to gat of them, but I wasn`t impressed with the colours so much ...and also they are a bit more expensive :)
Thank you again for this info .... please, can you explain to me what Mansos are actually .. ? Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 8:04 pm

Manso is exactly the opposite of bravo. While bravo is a bull with vigorous temperament and in this context of this specific breed of Spanish fighting bulls. Manso is any thamed bull, often not old, that is used in a similar way as vaquillas and it is a calm creature.. They are also used to train starters in this activity but their main goal is exactly to help moving the toro bravo out of an arena. They are also not the same breed as toro bravos, they're crossed or any other breed and popularly they are known as being castrated.

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 12:20 am

Thanks for sharing this. A really interesting company - so many color variations of their different models! - and a lot of interesting new information and vocabulary, too!
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 5:31 am

Thank you Bjarki :)
And Thank you again Roger for this useful info cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 1:00 pm

I opened a little page to Meskebous here!  I may add more of your pictures later but there's a link to this topic.
Interesting is to see the page of the Spanish Fighting Bull with several pictures you surely know, Kosta! Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 3:41 pm

Wonderful, Roger !!! cheers

What a great collection, Kosta Applause Applause Very Happy

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 7:06 pm

Beautifull Spanish fighting bulls indeed! Already Starlux made a serie of them in 1:32, including bullfighters/torero's.
But of course we are against this tradition, let this be clear!
but i like muscular animals like this!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 9:20 pm

They are fantastic drunken

And I like the man with the broom better than the toreador Laughing

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 1:34 am

Oh, thank you very much Roger, for making the page of this brand cheers
And the page of Spanish Fighting Bull gave me a smile Very Happy

Thank you dear Susanne sunny

And thank you very much Willy , for sharing these so beautiful Starlux models ...
Especially the last one is very impressive :)

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 11:59 pm

very beautiful walkaround Kosta! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos Empty

Back to top Go down

Meskebous - toros bravos
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Unclassified modern companies :: Unclassified Modern companies walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: