Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meskebous - toros bravos

Go down 
+10
bjarki12
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Roger
Shanti
Taos
Joan Milelire
Advicot
costicuba
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Meskebous  - toros bravos - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 1:42 am

Thank you Alain sunny

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 9:33 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
They are fantastic drunken

And I like the man with the broom better than the toreador Laughing

Of course you do! bounce

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 8:43 pm

After seeing these beautiful Meskebous bulls here in this topic I had to order four cattle by Meskebous. Lucky for me they had a website with english language option so I started putting four into the shopping basket. Had to stop because this was getting expensive but it was payday.. Laughing lol! so I took just four. Costa was so kind to let me post these figurines in his topic.   sunny  cheers   Laughing

Lets start with this colorado beauty here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Together with a Deqube bull

A bull Sardo Oscuro Listón

Instantly clearing the ranking with the

Deqube bull

and the Schleich Rodeo Bull

Than this cute heifer/Vaquilla Sarda

And a Mansos o Cabestros (couldn't translate it), I really like this guy. He is rather large and I thought he was an ox but it is a bull too.

And all together
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 9:36 pm

Beautiful models! I really love them, but only have 2.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 11:52 pm

Shanti, congratulations for your new models and great presentation. Actually, vaquilla and manso are rarely replicated what means they are the most unusual figures in this collection.
Vaquilla is heifer while manso means tame. However, these belong to the bullfighting terminology and their real meaning is not translatable. The same for toro bravo, you could translate it to wild bull or feral bull but it is not exactly the same.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 12:37 am

Applause Applause Applause Applause
I see a lot of accuracy in these models.

I also like their colors,

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 9:56 am

These are stunning models, I'm surprised I don't see them that often because they are certainly ones to rival those by major brands! cheers The power behind those poses and the way they have been painted- all to perfectly represent this animal! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 10:28 am

Roger wrote:
Shanti, congratulations for your new models and great presentation. Actually, vaquilla and manso are rarely replicated what means they are the most unusual figures in this collection.
Vaquilla is heifer while manso means tame. However, these belong to the bullfighting terminology and their real meaning is not translatable. The same for toro bravo, you could translate it to wild bull or feral bull but it is not exactly the same.

Thank you Roger for explaining the words! Very Happy I was watching some videos of bulls arriving in the arena and very often there were these manso cattle that helped bringing the agitated bulls back to the stables. Most of these manso seem to be oxen but this figurine from Meskebous is a bull too. This is not correct then?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 12:04 pm

Shanti wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thank you Roger for explaining the words! Very Happy I was watching some videos of bulls arriving in the arena and very often there were these manso cattle that helped bringing the agitated bulls back to the stables. Most of these manso seem to be oxen but this figurine from Meskebous is a bull too. This is not correct then?

They're usually castrated but I think it is not mandatory and probably depends from each regional tradition. I think these are made after San Fermin's traditions. A Manso can also be a toro bravo that lost its agressivity because it got injured or for any other reason.

PostSubject: Re: Meskebous - toros bravos   Meskebous  - toros bravos - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meskebous - toros bravos
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2