Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
Tiermann
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros Empty
PostSubject: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 9:40 pm

Hello, since I had such luck with the beaver I will try again with a couple of other mysteries from my composition collection. These two are from my big collection purchase last year. I have found all the other elephants but this one. It is large - about the size of the large Elastolin elephant and you can see it is charming but rather crude in style.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The tusks are metal.

Any help would be appreciated. This collection included identified animals from Elastolin, Lineol, Tipple-Topple, Straubolin and Durso so far so it could be just about any maker

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals

Last edited by Tiermann on Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 9:42 pm

and here is the Indian rhinoceros mentioned in the thread title. Also rather crude and simple and similar in pose to Lineol but lacking the fine detailing.

Thanks for any insight you may have
Tim

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 10:15 pm

They are fabulous affraid I love you
That red and pink lipstick cheers Applause

I have never seen any models like them ! They do not look like any brand I know of scratch

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 11:40 pm

I confess I watched loads of pictures of composition models before posting but I haven't found anything similar to it. The African rhinoceros is aprticularly different from all rhinoceros figures I can remember from the usual brands we know worked with composition material.
It has actually a quite modern design, I think. I hope you are lucky again and Sue and Lesley find your topic.

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 9:08 am

Congratulations tim! Again great newcomers.  At first sight, I'd say the elephant could be by the German brand Marolin. These figures were typical animal models for Christmas cribs.
Maybe the figure could also be from Nardy Italy or CHIALU Italy. Both companies have partly copied the German companies. I am curious to hear the opinion of Sue and Lesley. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 12:37 pm

Great to se you, Yvette Very Happy

I am not too sure about Marolin.
They have a rther typical style, more like this :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and

I was thinking of Durolin, but their rhino looks like this

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 1:16 pm

Yes, Susanne - there are also some differences in structure and colour in Marolin. I just looked in the WEB for a comparison model and found this example.

Here are two examples together with Tim´s model. One by Marolin and the other one by Chialu:

The similarity between Tim's model and the animal by Marolin is remarkably, only the Marolin elephant seems to be missing its tusks. Are they broken off or does this model have no tusks?

About the rhino.  scratch Tim's rhino is similar to the Durolin model, but Tim's version seems to be much smaller, isn't it? scratch I hope for Sue and Lesley. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 2:14 pm

So it IS marolin cheers

How could I be so stupid to doubt you ? geek Laughing

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 3:45 pm

Susanne wrote:
So it IS marolin

How could I be so stupid to doubt you ?

Susanne, doubts are often important to find out the brands of composition animals.
Without doubt, we have no discussions and new solutions.  Very Happy

So I think Tim's elephant could be one of these brands I have mentioned, but doubts always remain also for me.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 10:37 pm

75senta75 wrote:
Susanne wrote:
So it IS marolin

How could I be so stupid to doubt you ?

Susanne, doubts are often important to find out the brands of composition animals.
Without doubt, we have no discussions and new solutions.  Very Happy

So I think Tim's elephant could be one of these brands I have mentioned, but doubts always remain also for me.

Thankyou, Yvette, - you are so right !
Even with the old catalogues we can be in doubt if the models are not marked. Very Happy

Well, that is the fun part of collecting old models and old catalogues Wink

Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 11:30 pm

Thanks for your help so far!
I think that one listed as Marolin is missing the tusks. Mine had one of them fall out, so I am sure they probably can be missing on models. The question is if they know for certain that it is Marolin or are just guessing.
Figurenshop shows a very similar one under Chialu but with nicer paint.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wonder if mine is a copy version of the Chialu one which looks a little better sculpted. Would Marolin have copied Chialu do you tihnk?

Interestingly they have a Chialu penguin there that may match up with one I have.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 9:19 am

Incredible figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 12:33 pm

1930s composition elephants, by Chialu and Straubolin, which you might find interesting.

Chialu.

Straubolin.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 1:38 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Thankyou very much, S&L  Applause

I originally thought along the line of Italian brand.

But isn't it amazing how there are so many brands that made almost the same, distintive looking models ? study

castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 4:13 pm

Yes, Susanne, we can think of a few reasons -

Several firms set up ''sister-companies'' in other countries, allowing use of their moulds,

Alternatively, a company which had no sculptor of their own might licence the use of moulds from several different firms,

And there was a lot of what we would now see as copyright-piracy, sometimes just a few animals, sometimes whole ranges.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 9:57 pm

castlerigg wrote:
Yes, Susanne, we can think of a few reasons -

Several firms set up ''sister-companies'' in other countries, allowing use of their moulds,

Alternatively, a company which had no sculptor of their own might licence the use of moulds from several different firms,

And there was a lot of what we would now see as copyright-piracy, sometimes just a few animals, sometimes whole ranges.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg

Ahhhh Idea

Thenkyou for great info, - imagine , they even copied back then in the stoneage Shocked Laughing

Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 1:12 am

Sraubolin makes a lot of sense. There are animals in the same group that have Switzerland imprinted on them. If they found room to mold Switzerland on the side of a fox, why could they not on an elephant?
Thank you again Sue and Lesley.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros   Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros Empty

Back to top Go down

Composition Indian Elephant and Rhinoceros
Page 1 of 1