Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage

Go down 
+8
Kristie
Kikimalou
baltimore zoo
lucky luke
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Roger
Sergey
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
baltimore zoo

mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:59 am

Why yes, Roger, the Mojo beaver is a very nice size! Very good proportion!
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:51 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Why yes, Roger, the Mojo beaver is a very nice size! Very good proportion!

... I,m agree... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:03 pm

Thanks for agreeing : )
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:29 am

Here is an American badger in a bipedal pose....
Can you show me an Euroasian in the same pose??? I'm not interested in cut the head of my figures! Evil or Very Mad Wink

mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 American%20Beaver%200755
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:00 am

Roger wrote:
Here is an American badger in a bipedal pose....
Can you show me an Euroasian in the same pose??? I'm not interested in cut the head of my figures! Evil or Very Mad Wink

Science can't progress without breaking some eggs sometimes scratch geek

By the way, the main difference between the two species are the fur colours Laughing

mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 9078904-castor-europ-en

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:14 am

Do you know I've got a castor myself ?

It's a funny guy, always ready for a joke Laughing

Here are some pics :

First with his Donald duck costume Laughing

mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 124088250341hd2zh

And with his Pluto costume we bought at EuroDisney geek

mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 Chien-castor
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 8:20 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Do you know I've got a castor myself ?

It's a funny guy, always ready for a joke Laughing

Here are some pics :

And with his Pluto costume we bought at EuroDisney geek

Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:05 am

Dam!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:19 am

Poor Christophe! Taking medication at breakfast! Wink monkey
This year we have 2 new duck beavers, Papo and Mojo! bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:04 pm

... And at last my friends... I think for present Mojo beaver is the best model? Congrats Mojo! cheers
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:51 am

I think Papo beav's the best!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:08 am

I LOVE this beaver : Laughing Laughing

Kikimalou wrote:

mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 124088250341hd2zh

Here is MY personal beaver taking a rest in what once was my nice sofa What a Face

mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 Beverdog
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:31 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
I think Papo beav's the best!

Which scale is your Papo beaver???? Remember that he is an American species so it is smaller than the European! I'm glad to know that you already don't care with scales! :)
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Papo beaver is my favorite! However, I don't own it(Won't get woodchuck/groundhog either), because if I were to place it in my North American diorama(in the vicinity of the Papo moose, wolf, and black bear) way too big!
So even if I like a figure if it's way too large and looks out of place, I just won't get it!
I made that mistake with the Papo meerkats(which I really really like and think they're the best) I bought, it's just they're way to big!
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:54 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Papo beaver is my favorite! However, I don't own it(Won't get woodchuck/groundhog either), because if I were to place it in my North American diorama(in the vicinity of the Papo moose, wolf, and black bear) way too big!
So even if I like a figure if it's way too large and looks out of place, I just won't get it!
I made that mistake with the Papo meerkats(which I really really like and think they're the best) I bought, it's just they're way to big!

... Balti - you are a perfectionist! Wink lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:01 am

Sergey, that's correct! I am! So if any of the toy makers are reading this, keep on making big beavers(Papo), small elephants(Papo) and rhinos(safari ltd), because until they are "relatively", in proportion, you won't be getting my money! It's your loss guys! If the 2011' Papo elephant was 6.5" x 9" I would have bought a whole herd!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:35 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Sergey, that's correct! I am! So if any of the toy makers are reading this, keep on making big beavers(Papo), small elephants(Papo) and rhinos(safari ltd), because until they are "relatively", in proportion, you won't be getting my money! It's your loss guys! If the 2011' Papo elephant was 6.5" x 9" I would have bought a whole herd!

I'd loved to see a whole herd of elephants, exactly of the same size and in the same pose as in a choreography for a Michael Jacson's videoclip! Very realistic and accurate! tongue Ah, choreografists are really obsessed with perfectionism! elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:37 pm

Point well taken, however, since they don't have 2 or 3 different elephants, I would position them(The same figure) at different angles, so that when displayed they appear to look like different figures. Another trick I have, is sometimes if I can do it(If parts of the figure have some give), I Crazy Glue a trunk to the body or Crazy Glue a tail in different position etc.. Ex: My Britain's standing gorilla, I have one where I Crazy Glued both hands to the chest, just for a variation, and it looks good!
If I want multiples(Say a pride of lions) of a figure in my display, I try to make a variation of a figure. I also may repaint them to look different as well(Some of my lions have darker manes that I repainted).
I have 7 Papo lionesses(walking position), that I have displayed at different
angles. One's behind the jeep and you just see the head sticking out, the other is on top looking the other way, there's one in front but you see the left side of the figure, so it's the same figure, but because angled differently, they look like different figures. Plus it gives different views of the figures(Kind of like a display walk a round) : )
So yes, Michael Jackson's choreographer would be delighted by my ingenuity
for using many of the "same animal figures" used in my display!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:39 pm

Very interesting Balty!
Time to show! What a Face Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Yes, yes, pleeeeease, let us see it bounce bounce cheers

Sorry, - If you have time, of course Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:58 am

Thanks Roger! It's kind of like my ten Roseline barbs in my 90 gal aquarium...
They are indistinguishable(all look exactly alike), but when they swim around and school they look really cool because you see them at all different angles!
So it's just like my figures (that I have duplicates of), it's all about the set-up and angling them : )
Hopefully I will take some photos and share with you all!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:47 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Thanks Roger! It's kind of like my ten Roseline barbs in my 90 gal aquarium...
They are indistinguishable(all look exactly alike), but when they swim around and school they look really cool because you see them at all different angles!
So it's just like my figures (that I have duplicates of), it's all about the set-up and angling them : )

That's really great Balty! It looks you have some different ideas to share with us, so I'm sure it would be very interesting! :)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:12 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
looking forward to seeing pictures!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:41 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
baltimore zoo wrote:

yes! please!

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:18 pm

ken yeo wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
baltimore zoo wrote:

yes! please!

...Yeah! Come on Balty!! bounce bounce Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage   mojo - Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo Beaver from Roger- photo-reportage
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next