Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Made in China dog models

Go down 
+3
SUSANNE
landrover
Taos
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Made in China dog models Empty
PostSubject: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 2:55 pm

This is the sister set of the Peterkins cat models.Not too badly made.The Dalmatians posture is a bit odd and the Golden Retrievers legs are a bit odd as well!But the real star is the Saluki!! Smile They have gone with the American/European look for Min Schnauzer,cropped and docked.The last dog is also a bit odd,trying to figure out what he is,poss an attempt at a Hungarian Vizsla?but colouring is again very odd!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 4:35 pm

Forgot this little guy!Shiba or Chow Smile

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 5:08 pm

The Chinese are making better and better models and these dogs are an example of this.

sunny sunny

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 6:50 pm

Ohhh! That borzoi drunken

I agree with Fernando, they are better than many we have seen Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models EmptyWed Jul 22, 2020 10:38 pm

I like that figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 2:29 pm

Yes, I was also very surprised at how good some of these models are for made in China ones! Smile Smile

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 6:28 pm

Beautiful figures. Sure the painting lacks, and some weird legs are present, but overall the breed representation is excellent.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 3:52 am

I found a decent looking set of dogs on Amazon. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Looks like this is where the knockoff Schleich Aussie came from. The Sharpei looks pretty good. Some of the comments are too funny, people are soooooo upset that one of the Chihuahuas is anatomically correct! Like your child has never seen one walking down the street! Laughing

That French bulldog of yours looks to be an excellent representative, Taylor!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 7:11 am

I have 3 of the set it appears (the offending chihuahua, rottweiler, and shiba) though mine are painted differently. The comments are ridiculous. I understand that the hot pink paint makes the anatomy more obvious but... really people? Its just a dog figure, you make of it what you make of it. Get real.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 4:35 pm

That's interesting that you can get them all as a set.The knock off Collect A dogs are sold here in discount shops as single figures. The Pom,Yorkie,Chihuahua,Shiba,Poodle and Dachshund I got as a set in Spain on holidays and haven't seen on sale in the UK.
I have the Shar Pei and its quite a good model for a knock off.The French bulldog from this set is a good model as well.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 10:28 am

I also have these and I was also surprised at how good they were! Luckily the legs managed to stay straight in my golden retriever, and the French Bulldog and Dachshund are definitely the best! Thank you so much for sharing! Very Happy
And I agree that the last dog is a bit odd- I saw it advertised somewhere as a German Shorthaired Pointer so maybe that is it's breed?
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 2:20 pm

Bonnie wrote:
I also have these and I was also surprised at how good they were! Luckily the legs managed to stay straight in my golden retriever, and the French Bulldog and Dachshund are definitely the best! Thank you so much for sharing! Very Happy
And I agree that the last dog is a bit odd- I saw it advertised somewhere as a German Shorthaired Pointer so maybe that is it's breed?

The Terrific Taylor gave the set to me, and I agree they are great Very Happy
I also argree the dog in question is a shorthaired German Pointer. The colours, the tail, the ears , and the long legs, it can not be anything else sunny

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 2:25 pm

I definitely agree everything matches up! Very Happy And an unusual breed too to be done by a 'made in China' pack!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 5:18 pm

Bonnie wrote:
I definitely agree everything matches up! Very Happy And an unusual breed too to be done by a 'made in China' pack!

Yes indeed Very Happy

...and so is the Saluki !!!!  Elastolin made ONE before 1940, and I have not seen another one before the one in this set !!! study Very Happy

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 6:52 pm

Oh what a beautiful and rare Elastolin saluki! And I can't believe that these are the only two! Do you have the gorgeous Elastolin one? They surely must be favourites among your collection (definitely Fidda's favourites!) and lets hope for more in the future! And that major brands start to introduce more unusual breeds! Very Happy bounce
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 9:59 pm

That was my other choice for the odd looking dog-German short haired Pointer-and again a model you don't see very often.This is the only other one I have by Schleich Classics. Smile

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 10:04 pm

Oh how I love the Schleich classics and minis, and having just switched to a dog collector I have yet to add any to my collection! But that German shorthaired pointer is very sweet and of a breed that's rare in figure form! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Made in China dog models   Made in China dog models Empty

Back to top Go down

Made in China dog models
Page 1 of 1