Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos

Go down 
+4
Roger
SUSANNE
Advicot
Gecko08
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  Empty
PostSubject: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 2:32 pm

When I saw the section for dioramas and outdoor photos, I realized that I have been taking plenty of outdoor photos for my book. Here are some from Late Cretaceous Alberta.

Daspletosaurus wakes up
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Daspletosaurus has a tussle with a Gorgosaurus
Daspletosaurus kills a Styracosaurus.

Daspletosaurus by Collecta, Gorgosaurus by Papo and Styracosaurus by Mega Blocks.

Last edited by Gecko08 on Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 6:10 pm

Very good photos :)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 6:54 pm

Pooor Styracosaurus Shocked Crying or Very sad

But great photos ! Thanks for sharing Wink

I have often wondered why this Daspletosaurus is sitting that way, - even thought it was brooding , but it looks completely right that it is waking up Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 2:40 am

Great photos! Now we all know why styracosaurus are extinct! affraid

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 2:59 am

Maybe Daspletosaurus is laying down for a nap after all that work and a very full belly! Enjoyable photos, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 3:00 am

Very nice photos Gecko Applause

Roger wrote:
Great photos! Now we all know why styracosaurus are extinct! affraid

Laughing Laughing Laughing lol!

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 4:40 am

Thank you everyone! I’ve been ignoring this page because of my tyrannosaur project, so this is long overdue. But put yourself in the Styracosaurus shoes (if he wore any that day). Who would you take a chance with? Daspletosaurus or Gorgosaurus?

Mattel Albertosaurus attacking a Kid Galaxy Centrosaurus and a Mattel Parasaurolophus.
Geoworld Albertosaurus confronting a Safari Edmontosaurus. The Edmontosaurus was so young. He was released this year and this happens already!
Geoworld Albertosaurus prances around (possibly looking for a spot to rest after eating).
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 11:05 am

Lovely! :)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 3:40 pm

You should teach your dinos to eat broccoli instead affraid

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Especially to save the planet :)

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 4:07 pm

If the herbivores are causing global warming, then maybe it’s a good thing that the carnivores eat them. But who would you take a chance with? Gorgosaurus or Daspletosaurus?

Last edited by Gecko08 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 8:22 pm

Good question; maybe I can dash under a log before Daspletosaurus gets to his feet?
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 8:49 pm

And judging by how sleepy the figure looks, it may take a while for him to get up.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptyWed Aug 19, 2020 11:50 pm

Gecko08 wrote:
When I saw the section for dioramas and outdoor photos, I realized that I have been taking plenty of outdoor photos for my book.

If you want me to post pages from my book, just let me know here and I’ll make a topic for my book photos. Anyway, here is another photo

“A juvenile Bistahieversor runs after a baby Pentaceratops. The baby seeks protection from a large male Pentaceratops. Thankfully, the bull is having none of it.“ Team Ceratopsian got a win on this one. I’m glad I decided to make a photo of the ceratopsians winning for once. They haven’t been doing well in my last photos so I wanted to settle the score with those mean tyrannosaurids.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also that is my deviant art page. I named it after my rescue boa constrictor “Lucy”.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptyMon Aug 24, 2020 12:25 am

Love the pentaceratops scene! Very Happy
I'd surely take a chance with a gorgosaurus as long as there were two black beers left. Wink

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptyMon Aug 24, 2020 4:22 am

I can see your reasoning. Gorgosaurus wasn’t built like a T. Rex in the way a Daspletosaurus would be.

Back to top Go down
Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptyMon Aug 24, 2020 11:59 am

Very Happy I love your photos! Applause cheers Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptyMon Aug 24, 2020 2:35 pm

I enjoy your photography also, and love the crested gecko.
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptyMon Aug 24, 2020 3:49 pm

Thanks! I like the Gecko too. We named him Niko and he used to live in a sterile 10 gallon, but I got him a 20 gallon tall, planted setup and he loves it. The stick in the photo is of him trying to lick cantaloupe off the stick

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptyMon Aug 24, 2020 5:47 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptyMon Aug 24, 2020 6:44 pm

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers

It’s nice to have a steady flow of support cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 12:19 am

I was given a crestie once, the boy who owned her had grown bored- rich kid so yeah. I gave her to my daughter, she was a very interesting creature and neat pet. She liked mashed banana, never tried melon puree.
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 5:34 pm

I’ve found that my Crestie’s favorite fruit is cantaloupe. But for a major food we give him the Pangea gecko diet. Just the regular one, I tried giving him the other formulas but he wouldn’t eat them.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 5:36 pm

Oh! And I thought this would be neat.

Here is my Kenner Jurassic Park Collection.

And here is Niko (the gecko) posing with Rexy and the Pangea diets.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 1:04 am

Lucky Gecko with Pangea diet. Wink Great collection of Kenner models, they look great togehter.

PostSubject: Re: Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos    Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos  Empty

Back to top Go down

Mesozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next