Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Starlux ibex versions

Go down 
+5
Chris Sweetman
Roger
landrover
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Starlux ibex versions Empty
PostSubject: Starlux ibex versions   Starlux ibex versions EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 10:28 am

Although I decided not to collect variations of Starlux, I still ended up with four different ibex versions:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The pink ibex is the oldest version and may be quite rare because it was only produced for two years, in 1960 and 61:

Pink is an interesting colour for an ibex. Perhaps Starlux realised this, and between 1962 and 1970, the ibex was produced in grey:

I like the grey version best, even though the brown version is more realistic. The brown ibex was the final painted version that Starlux made. It was first produced in 1971 and was still produced in 1985, but no longer listed in their 1996 catalogue.

Towards the end of the company’s life (in the late 1990s, I think), Starlux appears to have reintroduced some models that they had previously retired, and sold them unpainted. I have a copy of what is called “the final Starlux catalogue” (not sure what year), which lists the ibex as unpainted:
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Starlux ibex versions   Starlux ibex versions EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:13 pm

Fabulous cheers
And completely new to me ! Thanks flower

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Starlux ibex versions   Starlux ibex versions EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:59 pm

The gray version is my favourite. Thanks for sharing. cheers cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Starlux ibex versions   Starlux ibex versions EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 5:02 pm

Impressive how such a model has so many things to tell. Hard to understand all htese variations. especially because some colours are not expectable for this animal. However, I also find the grey ibex the most beautiful of them all. The figure bears some artistic level with these long and heavily curved horns, so the grey makes it look like a town sculpture. As far as we know, even the Starlux model is a kind of variation of a previous famous figure. Wink

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Starlux ibex versions   Starlux ibex versions EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 1:34 pm

Yes, for completeness of this topic: Susanne discovered that the Starlux ibex is a small copy of an earlier Elastolin: https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t13482p100-show-us-your-goats-wild-and-domesticated-genus-capra

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Starlux ibex versions   Starlux ibex versions EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 4:49 pm

Thanks for posting these Roger. An impressive model and nice to see these variations altogether.

Not sure any of us decide to collect variations they just seem to come our way. Very Happy

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Starlux ibex versions   Starlux ibex versions EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 5:20 pm

Thank you for sharing with us this interesting topic Roger :)
here is a good example, how one very nice model, look`s great in every kind of colour Very Happy
And yes, my favorite is also the grey one

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Starlux ibex versions   Starlux ibex versions EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 3:37 am

very good range Roger! cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Starlux ibex versions   Starlux ibex versions EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 6:22 am

Interesting information

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Starlux ibex versions   Starlux ibex versions EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 5:14 pm

Very interesting to see. They made such a great variety over the years

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Starlux ibex versions   Starlux ibex versions EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 5:21 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Yes, for completeness of this topic: Susanne discovered that the Starlux ibex is a small copy of an earlier Elastolin: https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t13482p100-show-us-your-goats-wild-and-domesticated-genus-capra

Hi Roger

I thought I have seen this pose from another manufacturer. Having looked at my books I can confirm that Starlux wasn't the only firm inspired by Elastolin. The other is Timpo who introduced their pose in 1950 in hollow-cast. When the plastic zoo models were issued the ibex was a completely new sculpt.

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Starlux ibex versions   Starlux ibex versions EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 11:40 am

Thanks, Chris. I'll look out for the Timpo led ibex.

PostSubject: Re: Starlux ibex versions   Starlux ibex versions Empty

Back to top Go down

Starlux ibex versions
Page 1 of 1