Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are really rare Major brand figures?

Go down 
+5
endogenylove
Tupolew Tu-154
Tiermann
SUSANNE
widukind
9 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

What are really rare Major brand figures? Empty
PostSubject: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 4:04 pm

You know i prefer species and so i dont have so much Major brand figures. For me it is also not important if that is a rare figur or not. I prefer more smaller brands.
I also only collect wildlife.

But sometimes you can find here older Major brand figures. So my question, what are really rare figures (like Schleich WWF) ?

Especially for Schleich? The most "rare" old figures are not hard to find on ebay.de, but are there really rare figures?

I know old Bullyland is hard to find, especially the good figures.

Many thanks

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 4:23 pm

I know from my home page that the "medium-old" Schleich forest animals are hard for people to find : Roe deer family, badgers, mountain goat, chamoix, pheasant etc . The ones from the 2000 s .

There are many people here asking on my home page if I want to sell.
And they are very beautyful, I agree Wink

Then ( also Schleich) the black poodle, brown/white boxer, brown/white St. Bernard, and the "super-beagle".

The larger Künsterlerpferde ( Artist's horses), esp the rearing one, and the super-pinto, and the heavy horse with mane sticking up, and the first Arabian foal.

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 4:50 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
I know from my home page that the "medium-old" Schleich forest animals are hard for people to find : Roe deer family, badgers, mountain goat, chamoix, pheasant etc . The ones from the  2000 s .

There are many people here asking on my home page if I want to sell.
And they are very beautyful, I agree Wink

Then ( also Schleich) the black poodle, brown/white boxer, brown/white St. Bernard, and the "super-beagle".

The larger Künsterlerpferde ( Artist's horses), esp the rearing one, and the super-pinto, and the heavy horse with mane sticking up, and the first Arabian foal.

Thank you

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2020 1:18 am

I have a black colt that is rare - 13103 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Also the old exclusives like the brown pelican [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Things can change, the old Kudu used to be very in demand but they came out with a better one more recently and demand for the old one dropped to just completists.

I am pretty sure the old housecats series and the tropical fish series are also still in high demand for Schleich. That's the only brand I know really well.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 3:44 am

For Papo: The grey colored giant orc.

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 1:41 pm

The Safari LTD opossum with babies, mountain goat, desert bighorn sheep, Malayan tapir, brown pelican, and most of the Carnegie collection (I believe) are very rare figures :)

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 5:13 pm

endogenylove wrote:
The Safari LTD opossum with babies, mountain goat, desert bighorn sheep, Malayan tapir, brown pelican, and most of the Carnegie collection (I believe) are very rare figures :)

Ha! When I started building my Synoptic Collection, these (not including the Carnegie, since I don't collect those) were the hardest for me. I eventually found the opossum, mountain goat, and bighorn sheep with frequent (nearly weekly) eBay searches. Still need the brown pelican, and thanks to Roger, I have a different, but equally nice, Malayan tapir (Papo).

Asking about rarity in major brands is a loaded question, and can vary based on where you are (for example on eBay, Safari might be less rare in the US than in Europe, whereas Bullyland is nearly impossible to find here in the US).

Other 'rare' Safari figures are any Incredible Creatures from the 1990s (gila monster, horned frog, other various reptiles and amphibians, plus the Marsh Education fish collection).
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 5:20 pm

I think this is one of my rarest Schleichs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 5:21 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
endogenylove wrote:

Ha! When I started building my Synoptic Collection, these (not including the Carnegie, since I don't collect those) were the hardest for me. I eventually found the opossum, mountain goat, and bighorn sheep with frequent (nearly weekly) eBay searches. Still need the brown pelican, and thanks to Roger, I have a different, but equally nice, Malayan tapir (Papo).

Asking about rarity in major brands is a loaded question, and can vary based on where you are (for example on eBay, Safari might be less rare in the US than in Europe, whereas Bullyland is nearly impossible to find here in the US).

Other 'rare' Safari figures are any Incredible Creatures from the 1990s (gila monster, horned frog, other various reptiles and amphibians, plus the Marsh Education fish collection).

Nevermind...just went to eBay and scored the brown pelican! lol!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 6:14 pm

Thanks all

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 10:44 am

Taos wrote:
I think this is one of my rarest Schleichs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
A very interesting topic- thank you! cheers cheers
And wow Taylor you have the Beagle!! cheers Applause Shocked Very Happy I love you
What a wonderful beauty, and I am so glad it is in the safe hands of your collection! cheers I would love to know how/where you found this rarity, I know that this model goes for very high prices! pale
Just amazing that you have him though, such a special model! sunny

Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2021 5:58 pm

As said above I think theres a lot of factors that play into rarity and it depends on the consumers. Region, age, production rates of the model etc.

For US buyers Bullyland anything is hard to find unless you have a friend willing to help. Old Schleich is the same, though the market isn't quite as insane as it once was. CollectA for me isn't "rare" per say but usually more expensive to get. 

Schleich golden age models are usually harder to locate, cape buffalo, the oldest otter, cobra, old smaller scale dinosaurs are what I have had trouble finding. Old Safari get pricey too, I have been looking for their rattlesnake for years and have had no luck even seeing one, I have seen their oldest line of horses go for a lot of money. The Barb horse and Lusitano used to be a small fortune but I have seen reasonable, some even cheap, prices lately. Not sure if the market for those has dropped off or if the sellers didn't realize what they had.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are really rare Major brand figures?   What are really rare Major brand figures? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are really rare Major brand figures?
Page 1 of 1