Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Major brand Manatee Species?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

Major brand Manatee Species?  Empty
PostSubject: Major brand Manatee Species?    Major brand Manatee Species?  EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 3:56 am

I am trying to work on a wishlist for my synoptic collection but I am stumped when it comes to manatees. Does anyone know the species (Amazonian, West-Indian, or African) of the CollectA, newer Papo, and Schleich manatees? Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Major brand Manatee Species?    Major brand Manatee Species?  EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 12:38 pm

Pretty sure they are all West Indian, but you could probably choose your own for each based on morphologies
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Major brand Manatee Species?    Major brand Manatee Species?  EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 5:18 pm

I have all mine currently as West Indian but hopefully when Schleich release photos of their 2021 figure I can have an Amazonian or African in my collection depending on its snout

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Major brand Manatee Species?    Major brand Manatee Species?  EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 7:32 pm

Oh yes, I forgot Schleich was releasing one this year. I think then I will pick the Papo as my West-Indian and hope that the Schleich one better matches another species :) Thank you both for your help!

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Major brand Manatee Species?    Major brand Manatee Species?  EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 12:28 am

The Maia & Borges one (I think Schleich, Papo and Mojö also once distributed it) seems to be an Amazonian manatee judging from the longer snout and lack of nails on its flippers.
All others by Papo, Bullyland, Schleich and Safari Ltd. are the North American manatee which is a bit of a disappointment.
I had a bit of hope for the new Schleich one being the West African manatee but the more I look at it the more clear it becomes, it is a North American one like the rest, the short body alone tells.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major brand Manatee Species?    Major brand Manatee Species?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Major brand Manatee Species?
Page 1 of 1