Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround   Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyWed Aug 19, 2020 4:46 pm

As you might have guessed from my last couple of walkarounds, I've taken a particular interest in expanding my lion collection these last few weeks. So when I saw these two for sale on Ebay, I knew I had to have them. They're surprisingly very nice for the kinds of figures they are, even if the dad does have a bit of a horse face. I'm always excited whenever I can find figures not in the standard standing position, and though I would have liked for the cub to be smaller, I'm still very happy to have these two.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround   Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 2:45 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Never heard of that

So beautieful and interesting

Do you have more informations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround   Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 4:51 am

Their poses are interesting in fact. AAA made a reclining lion male but not many figures showing this lazy predator in that stance. I am glad of seeing your figures again on forum and once more something quite unusual. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround   Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 6:50 am

Very unusual and interesiting models Very Happy

Thankyou very much for sharing Applause

But I advise you not to call the lion horsey looking when he hears it !!!! affraid

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround   Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 7:00 am

It looks that they have also tigers. And it could be zebras

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround   Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyTue Aug 25, 2020 11:14 am

widukind wrote:

Never heard of that

So beautieful and interesting

Do you have more informations

Yes, I was also surprised to find these two and see how nice they look. Unfortunately I don't have any more info on them. The only other piece of Busch Gardens merch I own is the howling Big Bad Wolf plush.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround   Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyTue Aug 25, 2020 11:18 am

Roger wrote:
Their poses are interesting in fact. AAA made a reclining lion male but not many figures showing this lazy predator in that stance. I am glad of seeing your figures again on forum and once more something quite unusual. Very Happy

It's really funny that such a lazy animal is so rarely shown in its most common position. I'd love to see some of the bigger companies make a sleeping lion figure. As an aside, this is going to sound weird, but is there anyway for me to switch back to my original username (VexVamp)? It's a long story, but the gist is that I failed to connect with the new name, had a change of heart, and started switching back to VexVamp on all my other sites.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround   Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyTue Aug 25, 2020 11:20 am

SUSANNE wrote:

But I advise you not to call the lion horsey looking when he hears it !!!! affraid

Glad you like them! You're probably right. I had a grumpy lion growl at me at a big cat rescue (thought he was napping and he decided he didn't like my camera) and that is scary stuff.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround   Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyTue Aug 25, 2020 11:56 am

VexVamp wrote:
Roger wrote:

It's really funny that such a lazy animal is so rarely shown in its most common position. I'd love to see some of the bigger companies make a sleeping lion figure. As an aside, this is going to sound weird, but is there anyway for me to switch back to my original username (VexVamp)? It's a long story, but the gist is that I failed to connect with the new name, had a change of heart, and started switching back to VexVamp on all my other sites.

Weird but feasible. You are VexVamp again. Very Happy

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround   Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyTue Aug 25, 2020 12:30 pm

Roger wrote:
VexVamp wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks so much, this will be the last time. The Vex branding is too strong to overcome.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround   Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 7:52 am

VexVamp wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Glad you like them! You're probably right. I had a grumpy lion growl at me at a big cat rescue (thought he was napping and he decided he didn't like my camera) and that is scary stuff.

affraid pale

lol!

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround   Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 11:59 am

VexVamp wrote:
Roger wrote:
VexVamp wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks so much, this will be the last time. The Vex branding is too strong to overcome.

You're welcome! I think I mentioned that I liked your original username. I am glad you wanted it back. An username contributes decisively to strengthen our identity on a forum. Well, I was not very original choosing mine.. affraid

PostSubject: Re: Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround   Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Busch Gardens Lion and Cub Walkaround
Page 1 of 1